Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Political one liners

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Political one liners
Post by Annachie   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Donald Trump and Mike Pence are having a meeting about Mike being Donald's running mate.

While they were chatting Pence asks What do you think of sex before Marriage?
Donald replies Never think about it.
Mike comes back with Well I know I never had sex with my wife before we were married, how about you?
To which Donald answers, I don't know, what's her name?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:26 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Truth In Government wrote:Social Security: Looting the future to enslave the past.
Post by The E   » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 pm

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Truth In Government wrote:Social Security: Looting the future to enslave the past.

....is the joke here that the source you're quoting is talking out their ass or....
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Well, the punch line is that it's the truth. It has turned into the biggest Ponzi scam in history.

Hey, I never said it was a good joke.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Well, the punch line is that it's the truth. It has turned into the biggest Ponzi scam in history.

Hey, I never said it was a good joke.

So the joke is that you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:So the joke is that you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is?

It’s a scam, in which people are encouraged to ‘invest’ their money with promises of a big payout later, but in reality the assets were squandered and the new suckers’ money is used to pay off the older ones. Did you have some other definition?

Of course, with Social Security you are 'encouraged to invest' at gunpoint.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:39 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:So the joke is that you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is?

It’s a scam, in which people are encouraged to ‘invest’ their money with promises of a big payout later,

It's a social safety net that people pay into and then DO get their payout later. Preventing the country from having a massive population of the elderly who lack the financial support to live in retirement.

Which was a Bad Thing before Social Security addressed it.

While there are projections that based on shifting demographics the tax expenditures supporting the program will have to be restructured in the future to keep it from having to cut benefits that is just a natural consequence of a changing proportion of the population being of retirement age not a sign it's some kind of scam.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Preventing the country from having a massive population of the elderly who lack the financial support to live in retirement.

There wasn't a problem before 70 million people were encouraged to become dependent on the government. NOW it's a problem.

gcomeau wrote:the tax expenditures supporting the program will have to be restructured

Which is leftist-speak for, They're going to have to raise taxes, a LOT, to keep their scam afloat.

gcomeau wrote:not a sign it's some kind of scam.

Social Security, as it's administered today, meets EVERY PART of the definition of a Ponzi scam.

I got a letter from the government a few years back, telling me I had over $300,000 in my fictional ‘Social Security Retirement Account’. That money was all spent decades ago on things unrelated to Social Security, and there is no getting it back now. But, they continue to pretend.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Preventing the country from having a massive population of the elderly who lack the financial support to live in retirement.

There wasn't a problem before 70 million people were encouraged to become dependent on the government.

There was a *gigantic* freaking problem, which is why they started the Social Security problem in the first damn place.

Pre-Depression the situation of the elderly was already ridiculously precarious, large proportions of them simply couldn't afford to retire, many of the rest were reliant day to day on charity or family support...

And then the Depression came along and WIPED OUT those support mechanisms. The elderly couldn't get jobs. Their families couldn't possibly support them. There was no path to recovering from this situation that didn't involve large populations of old people starving in the streets before Social Security was introduced.

And you want to go back to the conditions that allowed that to happen in the first place. Genius.

gcomeau wrote:not a sign it's some kind of scam.

Social Security, as it's administered today, meets EVERY PART of the definition of a Ponzi scam.

I got a letter from the government a few years back, telling me I had over $300,000 in my fictional ‘Social Security Retirement Account’. That money was all spent decades ago on things unrelated to Social Security, and there is no getting it back now. But, they continue to pretend.

Nobody is pretending anything. Stop listening to Republicans.
Post by The E   » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:05 pm

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:the tax expenditures supporting the program will have to be restructured

Which is leftist-speak for, They're going to have to raise taxes, a LOT, to keep their scam afloat.

Yep. Raising the top marginal tax rate to 70 or 80% should do the trick nicely without affecting anyone negatively in any real way.

(Cue incoherent screaming from conservative folks who don't know economics in 3...2...1...)

Return to Politics