Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Political one liners

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Political one liners
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:58 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:It actually is a bit sad but both sides are somewhat right in the present debate. Most developed countries seem to have reached a balance of government expenditure that fluctuates within certain reasonable bounds. The US ironically has a real problem, despite their mantra of small government and state's rights. Their debt is huge and getting huger, yet their government provides less services than most.

The mantra of small government and states' rights is only being carried by one of the parties. hardliners in congress on both sides are making a difficult and necessary realignment of government priorities impossible through their shouting of their position papers at each other and pushing to the brink while making no effort at compromise. Not pointing fingers at any ONE side.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

An indipendant Australian senator:
"I'm not holding the government to ransom, all I'm doing is I've got them by the balls and I'm squeezing"

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:48 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:An indipendant Australian senator:
"I'm not holding the government to ransom, all I'm doing is I've got them by the balls and I'm squeezing"

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Shut it down! Shut it all down! If we can't get our way, we'll hold our breaths until you turn blue. [stomps off pouting]. :lol:

We'll just say no. yeah that's the ticket! we're representing our constituents,and they don't like what you're doing. Its a constituent thing, you understand. We really :roll: want to work with you, but our constituents will be all upset. it could cost us our seats. So,well, here we are.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Why are you incapable of having a civil disagreement? Why must you behave like a three-year-old? Why can you not get it through your fat head that you do not know everything? That intelligent, well-informed people can actually have opinions that differ from yours?

When people come up with bloody stupid prejudiced knee-jerk delusions and tries to force everyone to accept that reality only accepts according to their warped statements?

Probably not no.

Shall we take a look at your idiocies?

At least I don’t call everyone who disagrees with me idiots. Not even you. Petulant, small-minded, intolerant, but not idiot. I am certain that you do not know everything, and that I know more about living in the US than you do.
“The ones that spend your tax money buying the votes of those that do not pay taxes?"

A tiny, miniscule minority of politicians and/or bureaucrats comes even close to fitting that description(and even most of them doesn´t actually ever do that), yet you use it as an indirect personal attack and insult, and now you want to blame me for calling you out on it? Pathetic.

1. Nearly 40% of the people in this country pay little or no income tax.
2. Every election, leftist politicians fall all over themselves promising tax-funded giveaways of ‘free’ stuff.
3. The ‘qualifications’ for receiving those giveaways result in it going almost entirely to the non-tax-payers.
4. They, in turn, vote for the politicians giving stuff away.
"You believe that all the good crooks are in the government?"

Well duh, did i ever say that? Did i ever even imply that? Again you state by implication a delusional version of reality and demand that i agree with it.
Eh, NO.

Maybe in Sweden you have a perfect government, one that respects all of your rights, one that has not been turned into a burdensome and intrusive tool of the corrupt elites. Hurrah. We do not have that luxury here.
"If you give politicians money to pay the government's debts, they will spend it and borrow more."

And once more another blanket statement, again one where in reality it only concerns a tiny part of your targets, and is in fact dependent on demands of reality more than any of your target´s morality or ability, or lack thereof.

I’ve seen exactly that over and over. Politicians cry for tax increases ‘to address the budget deficit’ — to pay the government’s debts. Words like ‘crisis’ and ‘disaster’ get tossed about. Sometimes they succeed. The next year, when all that shiny money starts pouring in, the politicians act like kids on Christmas morning, increase spending, create new spending, by the next election cycle the deficit is bigger than ever, so obviously they ‘need’ more tax increases. Rinse and repeat until the federal government alone is $20 trillion in debt. Is it any wonder those of us who have watched that farce go round a few times are bitter and cynical?
But hey, it´s just your kind of thinking that has made sure USA is in the deepest shithole of debts that it is, and it´s really amazing how you cannot understand it, despite how it is the most basics of national economics.

I know exactly how we got in this hole; I just explained it to you. No matter how much money they take, they spend even more. You are apparently unable to understand it.
-----------------
If a business tries something and it doesn't work, they either stop doing it or they will go broke. If the government tries something that doesn't work, they just keep shoveling our money into it forever.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:46 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Tenshinai, I agree with your statements, but also agree that you are lacking in tact and seem to always present your case in an aggressive manner. Those of us here come from a wide range of value systems, and disagree often, but most do try to be respectful of other's opinions.

Thing is, my best friend since age 4, is my political opposite, and over the years there´s no end to the amount of discussions between us.

I´m commonly being "nicer" here than with him. He´s still my best friend. I´m used to frank and HONEST arguments.

There´s also the difference between "various viewpoints" or "differences in opinion" and either ignoring facts or just outright being stupid. People with the former, i have no problem with, those going for the latter, yeah, i´m not going to accept bullshit or be apologetic about it.

Consider what i actually did reply to.
A bundle of crap thrown at me, based on neither reality nor anything i had actually said, used for rethorical attacks against a strawman that had just about nothing to do with anything i DID say... Yeah, sorry, but i feel no need to be polite towards that kind of "speech".
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

If politics is a womb as Clausewitz suggests, everything it delivers is an abortion. —cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Did David Letterman ever say this?
Was it ever on his show, before he retired?
I am *very* skeptical that he had anything to do with this.

Or was this list by "JimandCindee Plunk" and
merely attributed to David Letterman?

Howard Wilkins, Pointy-Headed Liberal
who remembers that DL retired well before this election.
Wikipedia says May 20, 2015.

PeterZ wrote:More than a one liner, but worth sharing
JimandCindee Plunk
July 21 at 8:11pm ·

LETTERMAN'S TOP 10 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT!!
Every person should read

#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

# 9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn't.

# 8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

# 7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

# 6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that gets police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

# 5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

# 4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.

# 3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.

# 2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

...And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those other countries.
Post by The E   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:22 pm

The E
Admiral

(someone please repost this so that PeterZ can see it, he's ignoring me)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/letterman.asp

(TL;DR: There are no indications that show Letterman ever writing the list)
Post by Daryl   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I too like snopes, as it does clear up urban myths and false news.

The E wrote:(someone please repost this so that PeterZ can see it, he's ignoring me)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/letterman.asp

(TL;DR: There are no indications that show Letterman ever writing the list)
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:03 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I too like snopes, as it does clear up urban myths and false news.

No one's noticed Hell getting cooler.

Oh, and Daryl, one lines can't be that serious. If they are not serious, I don't care if Letterman said it or not. It might well be funnier as a joke that he never said.

Return to Politics