Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

Jesse Ventura, sewerage slime.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Jesse Ventura, sewerage slime.
Post by namelessfly   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 am

namelessfly

Is anyone following this story?

http://www.oregonlive.com/lake-oswego/i ... rt_m-rpt-1

Even if Chris Kyle defamed Ventura, no man with functioning testicles would be prosecuting a lawsuit against a widow with young children.

Chris Kyle should have done far more than just cold cock Ventura.
Re: Jesse Ventura, sewerage slime.
Post by biochem   » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:26 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Update. The Minnesota jury (Jesse Venura is a popular former governor of Minnesota) awarded Ventura 1.8 million dollars. The widow is filing retrial motions, appealing etc. So this isn't over and likely won't be for years unless they reach an out of court settlement. Note it it is extremely unusual for someone in Ventura's position to win a suit of this type in the USA. He is a public figure and public figures must prove both that the information is inaccurate and that it was used with malice i.e. that the primary purpose of publishing inaccurate information was to harm the public figure. Malice is very difficult to prove.

Venura is a narcissistic jerk and a blowhard, but a colorful one. Prior to running for governor he was a successful professional wrestler. He has the personality typically associated with that profession.

It does not surprise me that he would not drop the lawsuit. Whatever the merits of his conflict with the husband (and given the number of unverified stories the husband put into his book, I suspect Ventura does have some merit re the accuracy of the story), Ventura should have dropped the suit after he died. He's so narcissistic though he couldn't stand letting an insult go. Turn the other cheek definitely isn't his style.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

And a former navy seal. What were those guys taught about giving up again?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:38 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

As the slow wheels of the American courts turn. The verdict has been tossed by the appeals court and it's been sent back for another trial.
Post by BobfromSydney   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 am

BobfromSydney
Commander

This is the first I've heard of the story but I think Ventura kinda has a point as well. He was also a BUDS graduate so it's hard to believe that he would ever say that navy SEALS deserve to die - I mean, he trained and served with those guys. So yeah, it looks like he's got a very good basis for a defamation case since these allegations were published in a book that made millions (and therefore would have had wide circulation). As for damage to his reputation he's a public figure isn't he? I was under the impression that he was a former state governor. He's undertaking the lawsuit to clear his name, as to whether he's also out for a payday well I'll just point out that the author certainly got paid for printing it in the first place.

The irony is that if the author was still alive the whole 'widow' argument would not apply, although the economic damage to the family from the result of the lawsuit would be the same.
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:35 am

RedBaron

Ventura is all talk, no action.

Take his "conspiracy" show - a number of times he was right at the point of uncovering something, yet instead of following through he wussed out and walked away!

He was at the door of a hangar supposedly containing things having to do with 9/11, All it would have taken was a few seconds and he could've gotten through the door and checked things out.... instead HE LEFT!

And the fenced off area supposedly containing a huge pumping station on the great lakes - a REAL navy seal would've known how to get in there to see, yet instead he again just walked away.

Return to Politics