Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

MH17

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: MH17
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Taras_Potatos
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Post by Taras_Potatos   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 am

Taras_Potatos

A group of MH17 victims' relatives won a lawsuit in a United States court which entitles them to hundreds of millions of dollars in damages, television program Zembla reports based on court documents. A total of 25 surviving relatives, including 10 Dutch, took part in this lawsuit filed against Igor Girkin, a leader among pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine. The American court ruled that each surviving relative in the lawsuit is entitled to 20 million dollars in compensation.

Girkin was not present at the lawsuit, and he could not be found at his home address in Moscow, according to Zembla. The chance of the relatives getting the damages they are entitled to is therefore very small.

"It was never about the amount of money", Floyd Wisner, the American lawyer who represented the family members in this lawsuit, said to Zembla. "The large amount of money was really only to make an impression, bring this to the world stage. That's the important thing. The aim was never really just to collect this kind of money from [Girkin], it's to try to get justice for these families. To shed some light on this terrible tragedy they've gone through. And to get the world to focus on it, to hold the people responsible like Mr. Girkin."

The Dutch who formed part of this lawsuit are pleased with the verdict. "We assume that it can not be collected. You can't pick a bald chicken. This is also more symbolic. Now they're still gettting away with it. If there is something we can think of to make the lives of those involved miserable, we will not ignore it", Silene Fredriksz, mother of MH17 victim Bryce Fredriksz, said to the program.

https://nltimes.nl/2018/01/30/mh17-rela ... s-us-court
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Taras_Potatos

And here is a comment for this bastard himself.

Post by The E   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am

The E
Admiral

You know the common language here is english, yes?

I gotta ask, taras, what's your objective here? Wouldn't it make more sense to post these comments in a forum where people actually and actively cared about MH17?
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 am

Taras_Potatos

The Joint Investigation Team (JIT) holds a press conference in Bunnik, the Netherlands, on Thursday, May 24, to present the latest developments on the investigation into the MH17 plane crash.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam when it was downed in the skies over eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014. All 298 people, including 80 children and 15 crew members, were killed.

https://youtu.be/mE4tyHBer1k
Post by Daryl   » Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

A number of Australians were on that flight so I'm interested, and that's why I started this thread. I had flown on a similar Malaysian Airlines flight about a year before this.
On this matter an international investigation just today has tracked how the specific missile unit was loaned by the Russians to the militia, named names and all.
Nothing will come of it, but I'd like to think it has annoyed Putin just a little.

The E wrote:You know the common language here is english, yes?

I gotta ask, taras, what's your objective here? Wouldn't it make more sense to post these comments in a forum where people actually and actively cared about MH17?

Return to Politics