Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Ukraine
Post by aairfccha   » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:53 am

aairfccha
Commander

Post by Taras_Potatos   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Taras_Potatos
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

aairfccha wrote:Apparently the Ukraine has restarted offensive action - without much success.

Separatists seize the airport three times a week every week. :)
And to trust ruSSian media (like TASS), is like to trust Lavrov or Churkin.
The key point of airport is its runway. I belive that next moment after actual seizing the airfield there will appear Dombabve airforce armed with birds bought in nearest voyentorg(military shop).

Aerial photo from OSCE UAV of Volnovakha shows their own NNE direction was wrong
http://ukraineatwar.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... av-of.html
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:48 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Taras_Potatos wrote:The key point of airport is its runway. I belive that next moment after actual seizing the airfield there will appear Dombabve airforce armed with birds bought in nearest voyentorg(military shop).

The separatists already have other airfield in their hands, and not so damaged as Donetsk one.

The main reason for the fighting around the airport is that it represent the forward position, from wich the Ukranian Armed Forces could launch attacks against Donetsk. Generally speaking, until the airport isn't taken, the rebels would not be able to consider the Donetsk secure.

And the Ukraina's goverment see the airport as the location that rebels MUST attack directly - so, they are eager to defend it as a method to drag the separatists in the trench warfare, where the ukranian superiority (theoretically, at least) in heavy artillery could make the situation better.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Taras_Potatos

As i know there where 2 airports prepared for military use(for thransport and fight crafts): one in Lugansk and other in Donetsk. Lugansk airport runway whas blown out. In Donetsk despite lost, or, to be more precise, destruction of terminal shooting goes on. Others airfields in that region are not designet for something much larger that AN-2. If i'm wrong -- please correct me.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Taras_Potatos wrote:As i know there where 2 airports prepared for military use(for thransport and fight crafts): one in Lugansk and other in Donetsk. Lugansk airport runway whas blown out. In Donetsk despite lost, or, to be more precise, destruction of terminal shooting goes on. Others airfields in that region are not designet for something much larger that AN-2. If i'm wrong -- please correct me.

Are you sure that the Donetsk runway isn't heavy cratered? Seems that the prolonged siege was highly destructive.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Taras_Potatos

Dilandu wrote:
Taras_Potatos wrote:As i know there where 2 airports prepared for military use(for thransport and fight crafts): one in Lugansk and other in Donetsk. Lugansk airport runway whas blown out. In Donetsk despite lost, or, to be more precise, destruction of terminal shooting goes on. Others airfields in that region are not designet for something much larger that AN-2. If i'm wrong -- please correct me.

Are you sure that the Donetsk runway isn't heavy cratered? Seems that the prolonged siege was highly destructive.

People says that it's too well build to be damaged by "simple" artilery fire to point, where quick repair will be not possible.
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Taras_Potatos

Strange coincedence:
A Ukrainian soldier in a hospital in government-controlled Konstantinovka (56km north of Donetsk) told the SMM that he was being treated for injuries sustained at the Donetsk airport on 19 January. He said 80 Ukrainian soldiers in total had suffered the same injuries, manifested in uncontrollable muscle spasms, vomiting and difficult breathing. Some, he said, had become unconscious. Eleven of the soldiers had been transferred to a hospital in Dnepropetrovsk, he said.

http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/135671

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B792cvgCYAETys_.png
Translation
Knight law
In Donetsk airport rebels helped law enforcement officers to get out from the rubble.
https://twitter.com/forest_brother/stat ... 52/photo/1
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:13 am

Taras_Potatos

Bad news from Mariupol. Grad shelling, many civil causalities. 21 killed, 76 woundet including 21 hevy.
http://ukraineatwar.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... arket.html

Upd. 16.30 local time
Confirmed 27 killed including 2 children, 97 woundet inc. 5 children.

Upd. 20.00 local time
30 Dead, 102 woundet.
Post by aairfccha   » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:35 pm

aairfccha
Commander

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/2015/02/ukraine-sitrep-open-thread.html

Ukrainian forces surrounded in Debaltsevo, ballistic missiles falling mysteriously apart, mobilization failing in official Ukraine while Separatists announce their own.
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Taras_Potatos

Have you seen latest ruSSian propaganda movie? DIE HEIMKEHR, excuse me, Krym: vozvraschenie na rodinu(Crimea: Homecoming)? About free plebescite and no ruSSian soldiers in Crimea last spring? But for someone even Putin's direct speech won't be significant evidence in this case. I mean about presence of ruSSian millitary personal then and now.

Return to Politics