Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Indoctrinating the military to commit genocide.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Indoctrinating the military to commit genocide.
Post by namelessfly   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

namelessfly

I saw this post recently and was greatly disturbed by the implications.

http://sarahpalininformation.wordpress. ... -briefing/

Any time when aGovernment begins indoctrinating it's military to view particular ethnic or religious groups as dangerous, the government will soon be using the military to launch a genocidal attack on that group.

The most obvious historical example is Hitler's demonization of Jews, Gypsies and Homosexuals in Nazi Germany. Stalin actually used the tactic earlier to incite hatred of various ethnic and economic groups who were then exterminated. It became standard operating procedure for communist governments. Rowanda is an unusual example in that the civilian population committed genocide after being incited by government propaganda.

Is the US headed towards a civil war?
Re: Indoctrinating the military to commit genocide.
Post by Invictus   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 am

Invictus
Commander

That is....somewhat concerning.
Glad I live in Australia.

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by pokermind   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:39 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

There is also this http://patdollard.com/2013/10/pentagon-official-obama-is-purging-military-commanders/. As the mainstream media remain silent one is forced to go further field for information.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Daryl   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Hopefully an isolated incident, although indoctrinating soldiers to regard various cultures as being sub human or inferior has always been a tactic. I personally have difficulty relating to any strongly religious groups of people of any faith, but agree that they should not be targeted unless they have proved to be damaging to the state. In other media I and others here actively try to obstruct such groups from influencing national policy in our secular country, but would never countenance encouraging discrimination in the military.

The second example given of possibly targeting military leaders who have expressed strong views publically is a bit more complex. While in a position of authority I would never have engaged in forums like this one or spoken publically about any politically sensitive topic. We were left in no doubt that such actions would be viewed negatively, and would be negative for our careers. Our current PM was once in a Catholic seminary and every action of his is publically analysed to see if he is trying to impose his religious prejudices on the rest of us.
I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that, if you spoke to a diverse group of well educated and informed people from other developed countries, you would find that they would lump US evangelical Christianity in with fundamentalist Islam, dictatorship cults (eg: North Korea), and similar such movements as all being contributors to world instability.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

You are absolutely right. Atheists must be treated just like any other human being and they should have their influence on public policy severely curtailed.

Daryl wrote:Hopefully an isolated incident, although indoctrinating soldiers to regard various cultures as being sub human or inferior has always been a tactic. I personally have difficulty relating to any strongly religious groups of people of any faith, but agree that they should not be targeted unless they have proved to be damaging to the state. In other media I and others here actively try to obstruct such groups from influencing national policy in our secular country, but would never countenance encouraging discrimination in the military.

The second example given of possibly targeting military leaders who have expressed strong views publically is a bit more complex. While in a position of authority I would never have engaged in forums like this one or spoken publically about any politically sensitive topic. We were left in no doubt that such actions would be viewed negatively, and would be negative for our careers. Our current PM was once in a Catholic seminary and every action of his is publically analysed to see if he is trying to impose his religious prejudices on the rest of us.
I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that, if you spoke to a diverse group of well educated and informed people from other developed countries, you would find that they would lump US evangelical Christianity in with fundamentalist Islam, dictatorship cults (eg: North Korea), and similar such movements as all being contributors to world instability.
Post by viciokie   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

PeterZ wrote:You are absolutely right. Atheists must be treated just like any other human being and they should have their influence on public policy severely curtailed.

Daryl wrote:Hopefully an isolated incident, although indoctrinating soldiers to regard various cultures as being sub human or inferior has always been a tactic. I personally have difficulty relating to any strongly religious groups of people of any faith, but agree that they should not be targeted unless they have proved to be damaging to the state. In other media I and others here actively try to obstruct such groups from influencing national policy in our secular country, but would never countenance encouraging discrimination in the military.

UM out of curiosity why exactly should atheist be curtailed from anything since no other group should be curtailed? I personally see no reason any one group should have their capabilities curtailed unless it is proven beyond a doubt (through actions and hard evidence) that the group in question is a threat. Mind you i am saying this as a atheist and many of the people i am with feel much the same way.

Post by Daryl   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ are you implying that I am an atheist?
Not actually stating what I am, or likely to, although obviously I'm not aligned with evangelical Christianity or fundamentalist Islam.
My point in that part was that those who make the rules should not let their own beliefs or lack of them influence their decisions in a way that is detrimental to others. I loathe the zealots trying to impose their version of morality on me, but also loathe those who would try and prevent others from having their own private beliefs.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I imply only that I have found more passionate atheists who as you put it try to prevent theists from influencing policy. They do so by furthering their own set of beliefs. Those atheists have much more in common with islamists than any Christian I have ever met.

Daryl wrote:PeterZ are you implying that I am an atheist?
Not actually stating what I am, or likely to, although obviously I'm not aligned with evangelical Christianity or fundamentalist Islam.
My point in that part was that those who make the rules should not let their own beliefs or lack of them influence their decisions in a way that is detrimental to others. I loathe the zealots trying to impose their version of morality on me, but also loathe those who would try and prevent others from having their own private beliefs.
Post by Daryl   » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Sex, religion, and politics. We are all told to not discuss these publically unless we want to start a fight.
Simplistic examples I could supply to illustrate my point would include. I don't want an Inman invoking sharia law to make my female relatives and friends wear anything but what they want to, however I also don't want a preacher dictating to them who they should have sex with. Another is that Christian lobbies here are still urging discrimination against gay marriage, even though it's none of their business (unless made compulsory). I'm sure if we had a significant Hindu presence we would have problems with them as well.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:56 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I have a problem with atheist banning silent prayer in schools. I have a problem with Christian organizations being forced to pay for abortion services as part of manditory health care insurance. I don't want these things and also want to limit what our federal govt can force upon the US citizen. Progressives that share many if not all the beliefs you have espoused wish a MORE powerful govt that can enforce more the types of beliefs.

You can't have it both ways. If govt has the power to enforce which beliefs are allowed, then a citizen can work to influence what policies that govt adoppts regardless of his beliefs. If some beliefs are private, then govt should be powerless to impact those beliefs.

Daryl wrote:Sex, religion, and politics. We are all told to not discuss these publically unless we want to start a fight.
Simplistic examples I could supply to illustrate my point would include. I don't want an Inman invoking sharia law to make my female relatives and friends wear anything but what they want to, however I also don't want a preacher dictating to them who they should have sex with. Another is that Christian lobbies here are still urging discrimination against gay marriage, even though it's none of their business (unless made compulsory). I'm sure if we had a significant Hindu presence we would have problems with them as well.

Return to Politics