Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

US Government shutdown

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: US Government shutdown
Post by biochem   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

I think the solutions will have to come within the community at this point as exploitive politicians have convinced such a high percentage of AA that all white people are racist, white people are responsible for AA misery, etc that any solution proposed by anyone who is not AA is automatically viewed suspiciously and dismissed.

One of the great ironies that I have noticed, is the thug element trying to keep AA children from learning claims that learning is "acting white". Ironically the southern slave holders outlawed teaching slaves to read. Those who did learn (and there were a lot) did so at significant personal risk. I wish kids would listen to stories of family history rather than to the thugs.
Re: US Government shutdown
Post by namelessfly   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 pm

namelessfly

Here is a link to a thought provoking book.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0465002218/?ta ... rj9ogiv0_e

I would say that a key factor being successful in a civilized society is temperament as well as intelligence. While there are many AA who are extremely intelligent such as SCOTUS Judge Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condolezza Rice (hot too), Col Allen West, AAs test about one standard deviation lower than the general population on IQ tests (which are rather questionable). However; temperament seems to be more of an issue. The willingness to accept authority is absolutely essential to a modern society.

Return to Politics