Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

Millennials

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Millennials
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

I hate that name, and I am one.

I've read a few of our more...distinguished members complaining about us so I thought I'd share this with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4IjTUxZORE
Post by biochem   » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:02 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

“The young people think the old people are fools -- but the old people know the young people are fools.” Agatha Christie 1930

This has been going on a LONG time. She's talking about young men and women some of whom will fight WWII in a few years. We now refer to them as the GREATEST generation.
Re: Millennials
Post by Daryl   » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Not a new attitude.

From Hesiod's Works and Days (~700 BCE). This was in regard to the post-mythological "Iron Age" during which he lived.
And Zeus will destroy this race of mortal men also when they come to have grey hair on the temples at their birth. The father will not agree with his children, nor the children with their father, nor guest with his host, nor comrade with comrade; nor will brother be dear to brother as aforetime. Men will dishonor their parents as they grow quickly old, and will carp at them, chiding them with bitter words, hard-hearted they, not knowing the fear of the gods. They will not repay their aged parents the cost of their nurture, for might shall be their right: and one man will sack another's city. There will be no favor for the man who keeps his oath or for the just or for the good; but rather men will praise the evil-doer and his violent dealing. Strength will be right, and reverence will cease to be; and the wicked will hurt the worthy man, speaking false words against him, and will swear an oath upon them. Envy, foul-mouthed, delighting in evil, with scowling face, will go along with wretched men one and all
biochem wrote:“The young people think the old people are fools -- but the old people know the young people are fools.” Agatha Christie 1930

This has been going on a LONG time. She's talking about young men and women some of whom will fight WWII in a few years. We now refer to them as the GREATEST generation.
Post by pokermind   » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

What does that have to do with this thread?

pokermind wrote:Image

Poker
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

The point I got from the video was that the older generation should take a good look at their complaints about the younger generation, especially since the root cause of most of those complaints can be laid at their feet.

Daryl wrote:Not a new attitude.

From Hesiod's Works and Days (~700 BCE). This was in regard to the post-mythological "Iron Age" during which he lived.
And Zeus will destroy this race of mortal men also when they come to have grey hair on the temples at their birth. The father will not agree with his children, nor the children with their father, nor guest with his host, nor comrade with comrade; nor will brother be dear to brother as aforetime. Men will dishonor their parents as they grow quickly old, and will carp at them, chiding them with bitter words, hard-hearted they, not knowing the fear of the gods. They will not repay their aged parents the cost of their nurture, for might shall be their right: and one man will sack another's city. There will be no favor for the man who keeps his oath or for the just or for the good; but rather men will praise the evil-doer and his violent dealing. Strength will be right, and reverence will cease to be; and the wicked will hurt the worthy man, speaking false words against him, and will swear an oath upon them. Envy, foul-mouthed, delighting in evil, with scowling face, will go along with wretched men one and all
biochem wrote:“The young people think the old people are fools -- but the old people know the young people are fools.” Agatha Christie 1930

Return to Politics