Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Truth or belief

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Truth or belief
Post by KNick   » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:46 pm

KNick
Admiral

From Experimenting with electricity
[/quote ="PeterZ"]
We will likely have to agree to disagree. Yes, there are people who refuse to disbelieve the stupidest things. The problem is that the exact definition of stupid varies between people. Many athiests qualify for me, just as I qualify as stupid to many athiests.

Who decides what belief is acceptable? Those with the force to compell non-believers in compliance or kill them? How different is this than Clyntahn's position?

The only option is to deal with the truth and fight against those that would use force. What people believe is for each of them to decide.[/quote]

The only one in your list that I consider stupid is the one who says my way is the only right way. For some things, the truth is a matter of personal belief. For others, it is repeatable, demonstrated experiments. Who is to say which is the correct belief in the first case? In the second case, those who can't believe should simply be pitied as unteachable. If, and only if, they attempt to force others into their beliefs should force be an option.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!

Return to Politics