Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

Russian Dash Cams

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Russian Dash Cams
Post by KNick   » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 pm

KNick
Admiral

After Russia's near extra-terrestrial disaster, Russian dash cam footage of many accidents were also shown on national TV. Yet, the purpose of all those dash cams was glossed over by many of the commentators. There are so many of them in an attempt to check governmental graft and corruption. At least most western countries do not have police attempting to coerce bribes out of the people on the street. In some ways, these dash cams are analogues to the muskets of the American frontier. They are an attempt by the people of Russia to hold those who govern to the standards of law. The fact that it is a non-violent way to do so speaks to the fact that the are, indeed, a very civilized people. Whether or not it will work in the short term is irrelavent. It has, by its very existance, shown the Russian government that the people are watching them closely and expect them to reform their country. Well done.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Re: Russian Dash Cams
Post by KNick   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

KNick
Admiral

I am surprised that noone had any response to the fact that people are using current technology in a non-violent attempt to bring about political reform.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

KNick wrote:I am surprised that noone had any response to the fact that people are using current technology in a non-violent attempt to bring about political reform.

because its been happening for a while now.

The uprisings over the last year or two in the middle east were co-ordinated by twitter and facebook, and the protestors used youtube to get out videos of their sides opinion.

Weibo has been used in china to complain about the governemnts handling of incidents over there, and the government has subsequently reacted in both positive and negative ways to sort out different scandals.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by viciokie   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:44 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

KNick wrote:After Russia's near extra-terrestrial disaster, Russian dash cam footage of many accidents were also shown on national TV. Yet, the purpose of all those dash cams was glossed over by many of the commentators. There are so many of them in an attempt to check governmental graft and corruption. At least most western countries do not have police attempting to coerce bribes out of the people on the street. In some ways, these dash cams are analogues to the muskets of the American frontier. They are an attempt by the people of Russia to hold those who govern to the standards of law. The fact that it is a non-violent way to do so speaks to the fact that the are, indeed, a very civilized people. Whether or not it will work in the short term is irrelavent. It has, by its very existance, shown the Russian government that the people are watching them closely and expect them to reform their country. Well done.

Here is something else that showed up on russian cams when that meteeor hit.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

your guess is as good as mine as to what it is.
Post by kbus888   » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:50 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Hi viciokie

I fine it extremely interesting (and somewhat frightening) to realize how many mysteries remain to be solved in our world - let alone in our universe !!

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

kbus888 wrote:Hi viciokie

I fine it extremely interesting (and somewhat frightening) to realize how many mysteries remain to be solved in our world - let alone in our universe !!

R

Agreed. we know more about the surface of the moon then we do of the bottom of the marianas trench....
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by viciokie   » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 pm

viciokie
Captain of the List

Spacekiwi wrote:
kbus888 wrote:Hi viciokie

R

Agreed. we know more about the surface of the moon then we do of the bottom of the marianas trench....

Thats why guys i stated it was your guess as well as mine as to what the object was. we do know it was in the same area as the meteor and it was traveling faster than the meteor with no sound.

Return to Politics