Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9557
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Michael Everett wrote:
cthia wrote:I think it is a great idea. Arm the teachers!

Many whom are criminals and bullies themselves, already praying on naive students! :roll:

I would hope that stress-management and anger-management courses are included in the weapons-carry concept, otherwise you're likely to end up with students being rushed to hospital after mouthing off to their teachers and getting a bullet to the leg in return.
Annachie wrote:Given that the current proposed federal budget lowers the money for school safety etc, do you really think they'll spend extra on doing things properly?


@ Michael and Annachie,

My point exactly. Instead of just having cops shooting them, the kids of blacks and Mexicans will now be shot by teachers. Teachers who already have a certain power over naive students.

It'll probably curtail random shootings by outsiders, but only because the questionable lunatics teaching haven't left enough targets.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by pappilon   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

cthia wrote:@ Michael and Annachie,

My point exactly. Instead of just having cops shooting them, the kids of blacks and Mexicans will now be shot by teachers. Teachers who already have a certain power over naive students.

It'll probably curtail random shootings by outsiders, but only because the questionable lunatics teaching haven't left enough targets.


But might having armed teachers in the classroom go a long way to improving student discipline? :roll: :lol: Yeah, bad idea even the teachers don't want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Annachie   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Australia, where everything can kill you.
Except assault weapons. :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Results in from the 3 month gun amnesty from last year in Australia.

57,000 firearms handed in.

And a rocket launcher.

Why the hell hand in a rocket launcher?

Mount it on the wall of your mancave, or whatever, andvtell anyone who asks that it's a prop/replica.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Not entirely unexpected.
During one Knife Amnesty here in the UK, someone dropped off a fully-functional (ie. razor sharp) Bat'tleth.
Yep.
Four foot of Star Trek Deathweapon.
These things happen. Just shrug and continue.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-0010-6645
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by pappilon   » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Michael Everett wrote:Not entirely unexpected.
During one Knife Amnesty here in the UK, someone dropped off a fully-functional (ie. razor sharp) Bat'tleth.
Yep.
Four foot of Star Trek Deathweapon.
These things happen. Just shrug and continue.



Last time we had one of those gun buyback thingies in The States, the cops ran out of money, and gun collectors started offering the people in like $50 more for their guns.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

cthia wrote:I think it is a great idea. Arm the teachers!

Many whom are criminals and bullies themselves, already praying on naive students! :roll:


Michael Everett wrote:I would hope that stress-management and anger-management courses are included in the weapons-carry concept, otherwise you're likely to end up with students being rushed to hospital after mouthing off to their teachers and getting a bullet to the leg in return.

Annachie wrote:Given that the current proposed federal budget lowers the money for school safety etc, do you really think they'll spend extra on doing things properly?


cthia wrote:@ Michael and Annachie,

My point exactly. Instead of just having cops shooting them, the kids of blacks and Mexicans will now be shot by teachers. Teachers who already have a certain power over naive students.

It'll probably curtail random shootings by outsiders, but only because the questionable lunatics teaching haven't left enough targets.


With Betsy deVoss as secretary of education the sooner we can destroy public schools and get students vouchers so they can all attend real christian fundamentalist schools the less gun violence there will be in schools. Because Christians don't kill christians.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

ANZAC day today, so ceremonies at the war memorials.

Was watching some army guys doing, I suppose you'd call it guard duty, with a little bit of drilling and it occured to me.

The F88 Austeyr looks like a damn toy at any distance.
Drilling with it was almost comical.

Thinking that the army should get a batch of old Lee Enfield 303's for these things. Would look a hell of a lot better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Daryl   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2365
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Forty years apart I qualified for Queen's marksman with each of them. First time in the school cadets, second time as a Defence Civilian who had command responsibilities (long story).
The Steyr feels like a kid's toy, small, light and plastic, however the qualifying score was set higher with it because of its attributes. A remarkable weapon that I loved using. Pity it is only in .223 (5.56 mm). What I found interesting was that the same military ball ammunition in it pierced a bullet proof vest that it couldn't in an M16, same place and time. Turns out that the rifling in the M16 is slower so the bullet turns sideways. Possibly a way of getting around the Geneva Convention on dum dum bullets.

Annachie wrote:ANZAC day today, so ceremonies at the war memorials.

Was watching some army guys doing, I suppose you'd call it guard duty, with a little bit of drilling and it occured to me.

The F88 Austeyr looks like a damn toy at any distance.
Drilling with it was almost comical.

Thinking that the army should get a batch of old Lee Enfield 303's for these things. Would look a hell of a lot better.
Top

Return to Politics