Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:09 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:Riddle me this.

What happens when an armed black on duty security guard apprehends a shooter and restrains him until the police arrive?

Is there a link to an article that goes with this question?
Post by Annachie   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46187460

Doesn't say if the guard was in a uniform or not, but I doubt it.

It's also light on specific details, but does say there were witnesses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

He really can not be on trial for murder but he can be on trial for man slaughter. Intent- He did not wake up that day intending to kill someone. (In Texas)

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:Riddle me this.

What happens when an armed black on duty security guard apprehends a shooter and restrains him until the police arrive?

Is there a link to an article that goes with this question?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46187460

Doesn't say if the guard was in a uniform or not, but I doubt it.

It's also light on specific details, but does say there were witnesses.

You will not find me blindly supporting the police. Clinton's rhetoric on "assault weapons" conditioned many American police to suffer from a Freudian phobia ob being outgunned by the criminals. They have become trigger happy, killing well over 1,000 people per year.

About one out of eight gun homicides in America are committed by police.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

In this case, I suspect the officer panicked.

Due to the huge number of guns in the US, the police expect to be fired upon in nearly every encounter they have, and thus shoot far too quickly.
Of course bad guys who know that the police will tend to shoot them in any encounter will tend to shoot first.

Thus they end up in a self fulfilling circle.

Add the bias that sees blacks shot at by police sooner than a white would be, yes even amongst black officers, and the whole shit sandwich gets an extra helping of shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/11/1 ... n-her-face

She reminds me of my wife...she is downright scary but in a good way!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:In this case, I suspect the officer panicked.

Due to the huge number of guns in the US, the police expect to be fired upon in nearly every encounter they have, and thus shoot far too quickly.
Of course bad guys who know that the police will tend to shoot them in any encounter will tend to shoot first.

Add the bias that sees blacks shot at by police sooner than a white would be, yes even amongst black officers, and the whole shit sandwich gets an extra helping of shit.

You just made my point. Guns are no more prevalent in the US now than 40 years ago. However; cops are now conditioned to be far more fearful of guns and knives than they were in the past. The fact that the number of cops getting killed and the rate at which cops aregetting killed is at a historic low does not correct this misconception. Certain dramatic events notwithstanding, most cop killers employ the same type and caliber of handguns used by police.

The Frederick Hopkins shooting in South Carolina is almost classic example of hyperbole. Police claimed that they were outgunned and subjected to a fussilade for 30 minutes. Turns out the perp fired 39 rounds and the police fired 390 rounds. Only difference is that Mr Hopkins knew how to use a front sight.

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2018/10/16/ ... y-suspect/
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:30 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:In this case, I suspect the officer panicked.

You just made my point. Guns are no more prevalent in the US now than 40 years ago. However; cops are now conditioned to be far more fearful of guns and knives than they were in the past.

Perhaps because they have worked the last 40 years in a society saturated with gun wielding nutjobs while the gun lobby keeps telling everyone every year that the solution is to pour in more guns.

Gosh, wonder what could possibly be done about that. If only the planet was full of other countries who didn't have this problem so we could look at how they do it.
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

So... Switzerland? With one of the lowest crime rates in the world, especially amongst first world countries. It also has a 28% gun ownership amongst it's citizens. The US has 30%. Seems like an equally 'huge' number of guns per person as in the US.

Every person with a Swiss citizenship, aged 10 years or older, can take part at any federal ranges and will be able to shoot for free with the ordinance rifle.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
="Annachie"]In this case, I suspect the officer panicked.

Due to the huge number of guns in the US, the police expect

You just made my point. Guns are no more prevalent in the US now than 40 years ago. However; cops are now conditioned to be far more fearful of guns and knives than they were in the past.

Perhaps because they have worked the last 40 years in a society saturated with gun wielding nutjobs while the gun lobby keeps telling everyone every year that the solution is to pour in more guns.

Gosh, wonder what could possibly be done about that. If only the planet was full of other countries who didn't have this problem so we could look at how they do it.

I made a much needed edit to clarify my point.
However; you seem incapable of doing even casual research to confirm your presumptions about the dangers that American police normally face. Perhaps you should peruse LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS KILLED AND ASSAULTED published by the FBI?

Return to Politics