Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
US Homicide rate is 5.3 per 100,000
Australia Homicide rate is .8 per 100,000.

About 1/2 of US homicides are committed by Blacks and another 1/4 are committed by illegal alien Hispanics.

<snip>

A valid comparison is about 1.7 vs .8.

Ladies and gentlemen. American racism in all it's glory.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Sorry fly. I checked out your link, and the statistics are for all homicides by any means, so not relevant in a discussion on guns.
I was marginally unfair though, as the latest figures are -
Intentional homicide by firearms,
US 4.46 per 100,000
Australia 0.18 per 100,000
So only 24.7 times, much better than 29
Post by n7axw   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:21 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
US Homicide rate is 5.3 per 100,000
Australia Homicide rate is .8 per 100,000.

About 1/2 of US homicides are committed by Blacks and another 1/4 are committed by illegal alien Hispanics.

<snip>

A valid comparison is about 1.7 vs .8.

Ladies and gentlemen. American racism in all it's glory.

Annachie, you need to be a bit careful here. I just come up with a US and World Report article the pretty much corroborated TFLY's figures.

But, as I said, we need to be careful. I came up with a different set of figures a while back from I don't remember where. That said that whites with 60% of the population committed 30% of the murders. Blacks with 12.5 percent of the population committed 36% of the murders.

That article went on to add that the homicide rate was more closely tied to economics than race. A wealthy community will have a much lower homicide rate than an impoverished one. An impoverished white community in Appalacia, for example, would have similar homicide rates to a poor black community in someplace like Detroit. I suspect this is overly simplified with other things to be vectored in.

An interesting sidenote... there has been a sharp uptick in white on white homicides recently. It's been connected to the opioid epidemic. Foolishness knows no racial boundaries.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:30 am

Joat42
Admiral

n7axw wrote:That article went on to add that the homicide rate was more closely tied to economics than race. A wealthy community will have a much lower homicide rate than an impoverished one. An impoverished white community in Appalacia, for example, would have similar homicide rates to a poor black community in someplace like Detroit. I suspect this is overly simplified with other things to be vectored in.

Which I remarked on quite a while ago. With a level playing field, race doesn't matter, but when racism and cultural tribalism is still rampant some groups of people will have a much harder time to improve their economic situation.

It's aptly illustrated by some people here who loudly proclaim that some cities are shitholes because of "race-violence" while not even realizing why that it is like that.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by doug941   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 am

doug941
Commander

Joat42 wrote:
n7axw wrote:That article went on to add that the homicide rate was more closely tied to economics than race. A wealthy community will have a much lower homicide rate than an impoverished one. An impoverished white community in Appalacia, for example, would have similar homicide rates to a poor black community in someplace like Detroit. I suspect this is overly simplified with other things to be vectored in.

Which I remarked on quite a while ago. With a level playing field, race doesn't matter, but when racism and cultural tribalism is still rampant some groups of people will have a much harder time to improve their economic situation.

It's aptly illustrated by some people here who loudly proclaim that some cities are shitholes because of "race-violence" while not even realizing why that it is like that.

I neither know why or care why but the numbers show a very distinct slant toward some ethnic grouping committing murders. The final 2017 CDC mortality report breaks American causes of death down in just about any way they can be. The total from firearms was 38,396; 23,854 were suicides; 14,542 were homicides. The breakdown of homicides by age: <1 yrs=12, 1-4=44, 5-14=204, 15-24=4,391, 25-34=4,594, 35-44=2,561, 45-54=1,447, 55-64=824, 65-74=322, 75-84=109, 85>=34. Homicides broken down by ethnic groupings: Non-Hispanic Native American/Native Alaskan=124, Non-Hispanic Asian/Pacific Islander=197, Hispanic=2,268, Non-Hispanic White=3,549, Non-Hispanic Black=8,371. Non-firearms homicides tend to approximate these ratios.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr ... 09-508.pdf

Make of it what you will.
Post by The E   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:16 am

The E
Admiral

doug941 wrote:I neither know why or care why

Yeah, see, and that's the problem there. You don't care about the reasons, you just care about the numbers, and the numbers show that black americans are more murderous; as a result, you operate under the assumption that black america is more dangerous than white america.... and since you're willfully ignorant about the reasons behind that state of affairs, you are ill-equipped to actually make reasonable statements about how things might be made better.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the link, Doug. There is a lot there to study, although I admit that my eyes start going fuzzy with all those tables... :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:38 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:

Yeah, see, and that's the problem there. You don't care about the reasons, you just care about the numbers, and the numbers show that black americans are more murderous; as a result, you operate under the assumption that black america is more dangerous than white america.... and since you're willfully ignorant about the reasons behind that state of affairs, you are ill-equipped to actually make reasonable statements about how things might be made better.

Racism is not just an American problem even if ours is more out in the open and discussed more. It does seem intractable. The only solution I can see is change of heart.

Don

-
Post by doug941   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 am

doug941
Commander

The E wrote:

While none of those branches of the family are closely related, I DO have distant cousins who are mixed-race i.e. African Americans.
I reserve personal heartache for those issues I actually can have an effect on. A thousand people dying from Ebola to the point I can do ANYTHING about are nothing more than statistics. Pray, donate, or ignore it, I CAN DO NOTHING TO ALTER IT. Those things I CAN effect I worry about.
There ONE SINGLE THING that Iosef Stalin is supposed to have said that I can agree with, because frankly it is true. "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic."
Post by Joat42   » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:12 am

Joat42
Admiral

doug941 wrote:I neither know why or care why but the numbers show a very distinct slant toward some ethnic grouping committing murders.

Reminds me of:
Queen Marie Antoinette wrote:Let them eat cake!

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Politics