Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Just saw the damnedest thing on Google — a .50 BMG revolver!

I think it's a joke. Almost sure, even. But there just might be somebody…

It's got a 3-round cylinder.

I guess if you survived shooting the first one, it would be handy to have two more…

Wow. Talk about compensating for something...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Daryl   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

A Honorverse pulser fires darts that each have the same muzzle energy. Must have some gravitational system to control recoil.

Michael Everett wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Just saw the damnedest thing on Google — a .50 BMG revolver!

I think it's a joke. Almost sure, even. But there just might be somebody…

It's got a 3-round cylinder.

I guess if you survived shooting the first one, it would be handy to have two more…

Wow. Talk about compensating for something...
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:49 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

If I may make a few comments:

1) back in my day the high school parking lot was half pickup trucks. Every one had a gun rack in the back window. Every rack had either a 16 or 12 ga. shotgun and half had a .270 rifle. Yes I am a US Citizen and lived in the deep south for 50 years. Now i live in an even crazier place. Guns were not usually an issue until alcohol got involved.

2) I know I'm too crazy to actually carry a handgun. But I did travel a lot for work and parked my camper in sketchy places. I do have a CCP, because, well things sometimes get sketchy.

3) In a few pages back comment someone mentioned "interesting" people. The Hispanics have a word for the gun toters: machismo. Usually they carry the .45 ACP. Most seem sane and sensible here, Can't speak for where Gcomeaux lives. At least bars are no carry zones here.

4) The wife grew up scared of guns because her father, the new Police recruit was "dry firing" his service revolver and ended up firing a live round through the living room wall and into her bedroom, missing her by feet. Took me years to get her over her fear. Where I live there is no actual firing range training, although I think there should be. I did insist on her finding a NRA instructor and learning the proper ways. I remember how to, but I'm not the best teacher.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:42 am

Senior Chief
Commander

pappilon wrote:If I may make a few comments:

1) back in my day the high school parking lot was half pickup trucks. Every one had a gun rack in the back window. Every rack had either a 16 or 12 ga. shotgun and half had a .270 rifle. Yes I am a US Citizen and lived in the deep south for 50 years. Now i live in an even crazier place. Guns were not usually an issue until alcohol got involved.

2) I know I'm too crazy to actually carry a handgun. But I did travel a lot for work and parked my camper in sketchy places. I do have a CCP, because, well things sometimes get sketchy.

3) In a few pages back comment someone mentioned "interesting" people. The Hispanics have a word for the gun toters: machismo. Usually they carry the .45 ACP. Most seem sane and sensible here, Can't speak for where Gcomeaux lives. At least bars are no carry zones here.

4) The wife grew up scared of guns because her father, the new Police recruit was "dry firing" his service revolver and ended up firing a live round through the living room wall and into her bedroom, missing her by feet. Took me years to get her over her fear. Where I live there is no actual firing range training, although I think there should be. I did insist on her finding a NRA instructor and learning the proper ways. I remember how to, but I'm not the best teacher.

My high school HAD a JROTC on campus, a pistol team, a rifle team, and a fencing team. Gun safety classes on campus a required class in order to join any of the teams. The start of the fall term in September did not start until after the first weekend of Deer Hunting Season. Where you ask was this high school; 52 miles north of Sacramento in the once great state of California.

Question: do we blame the pencil for words that are spelled wrong, do we blame the spoon and fork for obesity that kills thousands of US citizens every year; but somehow we blame the gun for all the gun related homicides and not the individual who pulls the trigger.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:My high school HAD a JROTC on campus, a pistol team, a rifle team, and a fencing team. Gun safety classes on campus a required class in order to join any of the teams.

Even the fencing team? :lol:
Senior Chief wrote:Question: do we blame the pencil for words that are spelled wrong, do we blame the spoon and fork for obesity that kills thousands of US citizens every year; but somehow we blame the gun for all the gun related homicides and not the individual who pulls the trigger.

Yeah, I made a post, I think it was a couple hundred pages back in this very thread, about an idiotic law the Democrats are pushing that would encourage, well, everybody, to sue gun dealers and manufacturers over murders. I said it's equivalent to suing Ford every time a drunk driver kills somebody.

They're still pushing for it.
———————————
If you call 9-1-1 and tell them somebody with a gun is breaking into your house, they will send two cops in 10 or 15 minutes. If you tell them somebody is breaking into your house and you have a gun, they will send 10 or 15 cops in two minutes.
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:04 am

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Imaginos1892 wrote:If you call 9-1-1 and tell them somebody with a gun is breaking into your house, they will send two cops in 10 or 15 minutes..

Imaginos1892 wrote: If you tell them somebody is breaking into your house and you have a gun, they will send 10 or 15 cops in two minutes.

I presume you have some experience in this.,,.,,
or you're just blowing smoke.,./\.,./\.,
Or neither .,.

which shall it be.,.,.may I ask?
(:- 8-)
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 am

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

pappilon wrote:If I may make a few comments:

1) back in my day the high school parking lot was half pickup trucks. Every one had a gun rack in the back window. Every rack had either a 16 or 12 ga. shotgun and half had a .270 rifle. Yes I .,.,.,.,..

Am a liar

(:-
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:28 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

A large part of a facebook post I made recently. The OP was something about if events like Vegas will happen again.
--------------------

The big thing, the really big thing that people fail to understand about Port Arthur and the gun buyback scheme et al, wasn't the change in the laws.
It was that Australia as a whole said "No More".

Cultural change, which allowed the changes in law to really work.

Even the organised crime element appear to have enshrined it.

"No More"

If Sandy Hook didn't lead to such a cultural change in the US, nothing will, and the mass shootings will just keep happening.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:A large part of a facebook post I made recently. The OP was something about if events like Vegas will happen again.
--------------------

The big thing, the really big thing that people fail to understand about Port Arthur and the gun buyback scheme et al, wasn't the change in the laws.
It was that Australia as a whole said "No More".

Cultural change, which allowed the changes in law to really work.

Even the organised crime element appear to have enshrined it.

"No More"

If Sandy Hook didn't lead to such a cultural change in the US, nothing will, and the mass shootings will just keep happening.

Probably not the appropriate place to post this but...

Aren't nearly or about half of gun deaths in the US actually suicides? With so much distorted and just outright fake news today... That coupled with the fact that reporting is not standard across all 50 states and several territories, and the FBI outright refuses to make the distinction.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by pappilon   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Late news- That bill to move silencers off the restricted list has moved off the committee schedule.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Return to Politics