Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by dscott8   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

dscott8
Commodore

pappilon wrote:With Betsy deVoss as secretary of education the sooner we can destroy public schools and get students vouchers so they can all attend real christian fundamentalist schools the less gun violence there will be in schools. Because Christians don't kill christians.

I will do you the courtesy of assuming that this is satire.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:31 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
pappilon wrote:With Betsy deVoss as secretary of education the sooner we can destroy public schools and get students vouchers so they can all attend real christian fundamentalist schools the less gun violence there will be in schools. Because Christians don't kill christians.

I will do you the courtesy of assuming that this is satire.

Ok, yes, I meant it tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, that is the stated belief of about half of my 24 first cousins. A lot of the Evangelical Christian community sort-of believes that but just haven't gotten around to actually thinking that far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Fri May 11, 2018 3:46 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Welcome to Australia, where it's been 0 days since our last mass shooting. :(

Early reports are 4 children and 3 adults dead, 2 firearms found, and gunshot wounds at a rural property in Western Australia.

Police are not looking for a suspect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Welcome to Australia, where it's been 0 days since our last mass shooting. :(

Early reports are 4 children and 3 adults dead, 2 firearms found, and gunshot wounds at a rural property in Western Australia.

Police are not looking for a suspect.

Now the obvious thing is to ban even more firearms and start another buyback round.

Q: How long until the next Aussie mass shooting? Hwee in the US it would probably be days.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Annachie   » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Despite what the gun nuts will tell you, there's been no real call for gun reform that I've seen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by pappilon   » Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Despite what the gun nuts will tell you, there's been no real call for gun reform that I've seen.

Really didn't think there would be. Youse guys down there seem to have a ...less rabid attachment to firearms.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The lighter heavy side of gun control...

When will America realize that at one time in our history everyone was allowed to carry a gun in a holster along with an ample supply of bullets on a belt. It was the Old West. It didn't work out too well because people were shooting each other for the damndest of reasons... like snoring. So wearing a gun was banned.

Fast forward to the future and we are all beginning to demand carrying a gun again, but concealed. Now we have the Old West without visual confirmation. As a result, people are beginning to be shot again for the damndest of reasons... Someone had a bad day. Someone was fired from his job. Someone was born the wrong color. Someone was wearing the wrong color.

I guess in America, murder by gun is just like fashion... seasonal.

If we give everyone a gun, then the bullets would be banned. If we give everyone bullets, the guns would be banned. If we give everyone guns and bullets, life would be banned.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

2/

Kzt.

And a quick perusal back through the thread will show where Nazi Germany relaxed gun laws, that most guns in Mexico have illegally crossed the border from the USA, and there's about 50 countries that are safer than the USA and have much stricter gun control laws.
And what other comparison you brought up is wrong too.

In fact the USA is about the least safe country with a stable government.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:2/

Kzt.

And a quick perusal back through the thread will show where Nazi Germany relaxed gun laws, that most guns in Mexico have illegally crossed the border from the USA, and there's about 50 countries that are safer than the USA and have much stricter gun control laws.
And what other comparison you brought up is wrong too.

In fact the USA is about the least safe country with a stable government.

And strict gun control doesn't really work in any country if you have high social and economic injustice.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

You might want to provide examples JOAT.

Mostly because I suspect your examples are going to be unstable/ corrupt governments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics