Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Comments on heroism

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Comments on heroism
Post by KNick   » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 am

KNick
Admiral

One of the items I have noticed with all of the school shootings, mass assaults and other "news worthy" items involving guns. Any one of the stories (take your pick) has received more media attention than all of the Congressianal Medal of Honor awardies since WWII, combined. I realize we as a nation expect a certain level of courage from our soldiers and sailors and by and large, we get what we expect. But it shames me to see a criminal act receive more attention than an act of heroism on the battlefield. For that matter, the media ignores the actions of police and firemen who die trying to save lives. Unfortunately, violence sells newspapers while heroism does not. It is a sad commentary on our society that this is true.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Re: Comments on heroism
Post by Daryl   » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

And the media will milk this for all they can get out of it, repeating the name of the perpetrator numerous times, so other losers will think that they too can be famous.
KNick wrote:One of the items I have noticed with all of the school shootings, mass assaults and other "news worthy" items involving guns. Any one of the stories (take your pick) has received more media attention than all of the Congressianal Medal of Honor awardies since WWII, combined. I realize we as a nation expect a certain level of courage from our soldiers and sailors and by and large, we get what we expect. But it shames me to see a criminal act receive more attention than an act of heroism on the battlefield. For that matter, the media ignores the actions of police and firemen who die trying to save lives. Unfortunately, violence sells newspapers while heroism does not. It is a sad commentary on our society that this is true.

Return to Politics