Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

A Muslim preaching Tollerance.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: A Muslim preaching Tollerance.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

While the treatment of women in deplorable from what I have read about. For instance not being able to hold a drivers lic.

Several things wrong with your statement.

First is granting asylum is WAY more complicated than you think. I have had training on it you really don't want to go into it. REALLY. Second most scary thing on a port visit (to me anyway dragging anchor is much more preferable, hell a hurricane pier side is much more preferable). There is not a right answer. Lets not do that to our service members, please.

Second what do you do with them once you have them. Remember them Jews in the late 30's. They were not an isolated thing.

Think I will just stop there.

Enjoy,
T2M

PS Other on the board can probably give better explanations.

viciokie wrote:well any country that we have troops in we should have a policy of accepting women as refugees and asylum seekers just because of the way women are treated in those countries.
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by viciokie   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:52 am

viciokie
Captain of the List

thinkstoomuch wrote:While the treatment of women in deplorable from what I have read about. For instance not being able to hold a drivers lic.

Several things wrong with your statement.

First is granting asylum is WAY more complicated than you think. I have had training on it you really don't want to go into it. REALLY. Second most scary thing on a port visit (to me anyway dragging anchor is much more preferable, hell a hurricane pier side is much more preferable). There is not a right answer. Lets not do that to our service members, please.

Second what do you do with them once you have them. Remember them Jews in the late 30's. They were not an isolated thing.

Think I will just stop there.

Enjoy,
T2M

PS Other on the board can probably give better explanations.

viciokie wrote:well any country that we have troops in we should have a policy of accepting women as refugees and asylum seekers just because of the way women are treated in those countries.

The treatment of women there is more than deplorable T2M, its barbaric. one of the reasons i advocate trying to get the dingdongs to wake up to their barbarity.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

You are a liar. You have MULTIPLE TIMES called ALL followers of Islam barbarians, not just the ones that treat women horribly. You refuse to see through your prejudice and bigotry to recognize that.

And yes, the way women are treated in most of the theocratic states in the middle east (and the world for that matter) is beyond deplorable. But that does not mean you get to insult every follower of Islam because some other followers of Islam are despicable.

viciokie wrote:The treatment of women there is more than deplorable T2M, its barbaric. one of the reasons i advocate trying to get the dingdongs to wake up to their barbarity.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:17 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

So we can quibble about words and there meanings. Cool. There is a hint in Safehold what was one Safehold prince's worse curse, "They were stupid."

No I don't have a good solution. Heck I don't have a bad solution.

All I know is that the solution you proposed before my response to one of your ideas of a solution is not going to work. On top of that it decreases the chance that people can actually do the job they are supposed to be trained for.

In my personal opinion you are just a mite fanatical on this point.

But at what point does the end justify the means? Or the cost?

Sometimes the only way to win is not play the game.

There were a lot of other thoughts and stuff I was going to put into this post but the last time a put an hour into a post and you took away one word. So even this long of a post is probably pointless.

Oh well,
T2M

viciokie wrote:The treatment of women there is more than deplorable T2M, its barbaric. one of the reasons i advocate trying to get the dingdongs to wake up to their barbarity.
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Remember, viciokie was the one advocating for the entire middle east to be destroyed in the mass murder thread. And he has thrown around racial epitaphs at least once.

thinkstoomuch wrote:So we can quibble about words and there meanings. Cool. There is a hint in Safehold what was one Safehold prince's worse curse, "They were stupid."

No I don't have a good solution. Heck I don't have a bad solution.

All I know is that the solution you proposed before my response to one of your ideas of a solution is not going to work. On top of that it decreases the chance that people can actually do the job they are supposed to be trained for.

In my personal opinion you are just a mite fanatical on this point.

But at what point does the end justify the means? Or the cost?

Sometimes the only way to win is not play the game.

There were a lot of other thoughts and stuff I was going to put into this post but the last time a put an hour into a post and you took away one word. So even this long of a post is probably pointless.

Oh well,
T2M

Post by viciokie   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 am

viciokie
Captain of the List

Donnachaidh wrote:Remember, viciokie was the one advocating for the entire middle east to be destroyed in the mass murder thread. And he has thrown around racial epitaphs at least once.

well at least i am confronting a issue and not being an apologist for all kinds of evils.
Post by KNick   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 am

KNick
Admiral

Having seen nearly as poor of treatment of women in nominally Christian countries, my personal opinion is that it a matter of ignorance rather than religion. Until women have the power to control their own lives it will continue. Education is a more effective weapon than hatred.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by biochem   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Mistreatment of women is not inherent to Islam. The problem is the strains of Islam present in Saudi and Iran. Unfortunately, those strains are gaining power in the worldwide Islamic community over the more tolerant variations. Money talks. If you want to put a stop to the spread of these ideas find a commercially viable replacement for oil and bankrupt Saudi and Iran.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:10 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

You're not confronting anything. If you were, you wouldn't be doing it here. All you're doing is insulting MILLIONS of people who have done nothing wrong.

And YOU are the one that was advocating evil. If you doubt me go back and read what you said in the Mass Murder thread. You advocated for the cold blooded murder of billions of people.

viciokie wrote:
Donnachaidh wrote:Remember, viciokie was the one advocating for the entire middle east to be destroyed in the mass murder thread. And he has thrown around racial epitaphs at least once.

well at least i am confronting a issue and not being an apologist for all kinds of evils.
Post by pokermind   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Gentlemen,

In discussing tolerance it is odd how our baser selves go to intolerance. If we cannot find a way to live together then eventually we will destroy this planet.

While millions are killed over the squabbles over who's view of God or Allah are correct some of the worst mass murders in history were atheists, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, and Pol Pot to name a few.

As a Christian I find Romans chapters four and five very good on tolerance, Donnachaidh what verses of the Qu'ran would you suggest? And viciokie on what basis as an atheist would you base tolerance? Come on guys lets give peace a chance :D Here's some mood music Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters' Accentuate the Positive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=fZUmAbi0Vm4&feature=endscreen

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.

Return to Politics