Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Israel/Gaza - Here we go again...

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Israel/Gaza - Here we go again...
Post by aairfccha   » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:40 am

aairfccha
Commander

About 5 hours ago, Hamas has started to fire substantial numbers of rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel (depending on the source the numbers 2000 and 5000 rockets are in circulation) and has apparently also sent fighters across the border. Israel has already responded with air attacks. This is going to be messy. Again.
Re: Israel/Gaza - Here we go again...
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:13 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The sad thing about this is that Hamas has fallen into the trap of only seeing one possible way of proceeding.
Violence.

If Hamas used non-violent sit-down protests covered by international news, they would absolutely wreck Israel's reputation worldwide and force the Israeli government to step back from their current position.
As it is, however, this is a self-perpetuating circle. Hamas launches an attack, Israel counterattacks, Hamas counter-counterattacks, Israel counter-counter-counterattacks, Hamas counter-counter...
For as long as Hamas is supplied by weapons to use against Israel, all they will do is continue to prove to Israel that militarization is the only thing keeping Israel from being genocided.
And given the original proof of that which Israel got in the 6 Days War when every one of its neighbours allied to wipe them out...

It is worth noting, however, that Israel is performing the function that the Allies intended when they decided where Israel should be founded. They are the bridgehead that will allow Western forces to gather and launch should the Arabic world decide that it is time to unite in Jihad against the unbelievers...
The other option was Africa, but the Africans weren't seen as such a threat.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:17 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...aaaaaand Hamas have gone full bore on the Stupid Train by launching attacks specifically on Israeli civilians, including dragging them by force from their homes (quite often with a helping of violence) and parading them down the streets at gunpoint on the way to where they're used as human shields.

I think we can effectively say goodbye to the concept of a Palestinian State/Two State Solution now. After a 2,000+ missile barrage (5,000+ according to Hamas claims), targeting civilians and so on, Israel is not going to allow the Palestinian territories to retain any form of self-rule or governance from the end of this conflict onwards.

Not with this amount of evidence as to how violently-inclined Hamas and their allies are.

Can political organisations earn Darwin Awards? Because that's what Hamas has just tried to grab with both hands...
~~~~~~

Post by Arol   » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Bad as this already is, there a chance it’s going to be much worse!
If Hamas had been satisfied with the rocket attacks, then there would probably have been a lot of high level diplomatic discussion and deal-making…!
But the slaughter; together with the hostage taking, at the festival grounds put an entirely different perspective on events!
The events there showed mind-sets; disgustingly similar to those ISIS maniacs that went on-line with beheadings?
It's not hard to imagine what that public reactions will be; both internally in Israel and the countries whose nationals are among the fallen, or the hostages?
Especially once the technical and forensic evidence from the festival site is released...or leaked?
People shot at point blank range…in the back while fleeing…and all the rest.
Those twisted mind-sets, now have what…150 hostages???
Already the threats against them have started…

https://thehill.com/policy/4246128-hama ... g-on-gaza/

Hamas threatens to kill Israeli hostages over strikes ‘without prior warning’ on Gaza
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:57 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

If anyone's reading https://quantumvibe.com/archive, Hamas have effectively just pulled the same move as the current main villainess.
Killed helpless people without mercy and declared that they will continue to do so until Israel surrender.

This is going to end... badly.
~~~~~~

Post by Daryl   » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:04 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

You do have to feel sorry for the civilians on both sides in all of this.
While Israel have behaved badly for years, this action by Hamas will just provide the right wing Israeli government with a legitimate reason to go very hard.
Hamas will disappear (as they should), but the resentment will lead to new radical leaders in the future.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:13 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Hamas will disappear (as they should), but the resentment will lead to new radical leaders in the future.

No.
Hamas attacking just after the next-step-towards-peace-agreement as overseen by Qatar means that Hamas has just destroyed their own reputation for keeping their word and dishonoured Qatar in the process. Qatar now looks like they were either ignorant of the upcoming attack and thus played for fools or were aware of it and thus complicit. Since the latter would really destroy their relations with the West, they'll press for the first, hard.

As such, Qatar and its closest allies will make a point of not supporting Hamas. Iran will support them, but indications are that it's been the main supplier of weapons and training for this assault, so that's to be expected.

With Hamas losing support and Israel recovering from the destabilisation that Hamas' Pearl Harbour equivalent caused, the leadership of Israel now has the perfect excuse to conquer the Gaza Strip and claim it as an integral part of Israel.

And those who object? Chances are that there'll be a rather large number of boats and planes carrying suddenly-homeless Palestinians to Iran as a "You encouraged them, now they're your problem" move.

...goodbye, Gaza Strip. And with their example as what Israel can claim to expect, the West Bank is probably going to get locked down for quite some time as every house is searched for signs of tunnels and/or weapons once the main conflict is resolved...
~~~~~~

Post by Arol   » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:47 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/10/worl ... lings.html

Hamas Leaves Trail of Terror in Israel

It’s usually been a given that the Powers-That-Be; when war has been declared, will try to “demonize” a potential enemy.
With Hamas they don’t even have to try! :twisted: :twisted:
Post by Daryl   » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:55 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I was talking about new leaders amongst the Palestinians. The multi generation hate will continue on both sides.
Post by The E   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:20 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...aaaaaand Hamas have gone full bore on the Stupid Train by launching attacks specifically on Israeli civilians, including dragging them by force from their homes (quite often with a helping of violence) and parading them down the streets at gunpoint on the way to where they're used as human shields.

I think we can effectively say goodbye to the concept of a Palestinian State/Two State Solution now. After a 2,000+ missile barrage (5,000+ according to Hamas claims), targeting civilians and so on, Israel is not going to allow the Palestinian territories to retain any form of self-rule or governance from the end of this conflict onwards.

Not with this amount of evidence as to how violently-inclined Hamas and their allies are.

Can political organisations earn Darwin Awards? Because that's what Hamas has just tried to grab with both hands...

I don't think things are quite working out that way.

Poll: Majority blames gov’t for Hamas massacre, says Netanyahu must resign
An overwhelming majority of 86% of respondents, including 79% of coalition supporters, said the surprise attack from Gaza is a failure of the country's leadership.

Return to Politics