Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine
Post by Lightkey   » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:13 pm

Lightkey
Midshipman

Oh, I thought my comment had been discarded after not having been approved for over a day. Good to see I was wrong. :D

To clarify: I meant parallels to the beginning of the Honor Harrington series. I keep forgetting that Weber has written more than that, which I haven't read yet.

The signs of cleansing keep coming in Russia's military command structure after Wagner Group's mutiny. Yesterday there was an outright threat of mutiny by troops of the 7th Guards Mountain Air Assault Division (no confirmation if this is real though). They warned against any action to remove or harm colonel general Mikhail Teplinsky, commander of the Russian Airborne Forces.[0]
This doesn't come out of the blue: colonel Aleksandr Kornev of the 7th Guards Mountain Air Assault Division was supposedly removed from his post (although this is news, they claim it already happened earlier this month) and yesterday also major general Vladimir Seliverstov from the 106th Guards Airborne Division after appealing for better conditions for his troops.
There has already been friction before between Mikhail Teplinsky and the high command. I found a comment mentioning a thread from Thursday that summed up the previous movements in the command structure better than I could, although I get itchy when I see that it's by someone from RAND Corporation.[1]

[0] https://twitter.com/wartranslated/statu ... 9460305920
[1] https://twitter.com/MassDara/status/1679528294943735808
Post by Arol   » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:09 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Seen with pro-Ukrainian optics, the internecine catfight that is afflicting not just the Kremlin; but also the Russian military high command can only; be considered as a plus to their side.
I guess the question is; keeping in the context of this thread, how; or if, it will have any impact the morale the troops doing the actual fighting and dying?
I’m fairly certain that the Ukrainians have their own versions of Lord Haw Haw and Tokyo Rose. Who with diligence and great glee are making sure that the Russian’s on the front are kept informed of the goings on back home! ;)
Post by Arol   » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:04 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Ukrainian forces hit the Kerch bridge, and the Russian media is quick to label it a terrorist attack!
Yet, they have no problem with Russian drones hitting Ukrainian civilian apartment buildings!
Ukraine receives; and plans to use, cluster munitions. Putin decries this as act, and promises that Russia will retaliate! Forgetting in the meantime to mention that Russia has been using cluster munitions in Ukraine since the start of Putin’s War!!!
:twisted: Hypocrisy thy name is Russia!!! :twisted:
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:29 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Arol wrote:Hypocrisy thy name is Russia!!!

The reason behind their out-of-touch-with-reality reporting and statements is that what they say "internationally" must fit what they tell their citizens, once they started lying they had no choice other than continue with the farce.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Daryl   » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:12 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

If you are familiar with the classic British comedy Fawlty Towers,a common theme was where Basil would tell a little lie to stop his wife Sybil nagging him. By the end of the episode the successive lies each to cover the last had become bigger and bigger. Then it would all come crashing down. It appears to be happening here for real.

Joat42 wrote:
Arol wrote:Hypocrisy thy name is Russia!!!

The reason behind their out-of-touch-with-reality reporting and statements is that what they say "internationally" must fit what they tell their citizens, once they started lying they had no choice other than continue with the farce.
Post by Arol   » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:12 am

Arol
Captain of the List

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/07/ ... rts-a81886

Kremlin Loyalists Handed Seized Carlsberg, Danone Assets…

Piracy is usually characterized as the illegal seizure of someone else’s property, or of the transport means, used to move said property.
Russia?
Russia has decided to cut out the middlemen in such arrangements!
They’ve decided to its much more profitable to simply steal entire companies!!! :o :roll:
Post by Lightkey   » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:18 pm

Lightkey
Midshipman

On the topic of missing counter-battery, Russian mil-bloggers are starting to admit that it's an actual problem. In a post, one called it a "genocide of the artillery"[0] and that it can't just be all made-up propaganda, considering all the footage confirming the hits on artillery and MLRS for both sides. There is a map included that shows all related losses since Ukraine's offensive began which is quite telling, at a ratio of 6 or 7:1 which will reach 10:1 in a month at the current pace.

[0] https://twitter.com/ItsArtoir/status/16 ... 1840086017
Post by Joat42   » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Lightkey wrote:On the topic of missing counter-battery, Russian mil-bloggers are starting to admit that it's an actual problem. In a post, one called it a "genocide of the artillery"[0] and that it can't just be all made-up propaganda, considering all the footage confirming the hits on artillery and MLRS for both sides. There is a map included that shows all related losses since Ukraine's offensive began which is quite telling, at a ratio of 6 or 7:1 which will reach 10:1 in a month at the current pace.

[0] https://twitter.com/ItsArtoir/status/16 ... 1840086017

Don't have Twatter and I'm not signing up to Twatter or X, or whatever the name of the day is so the link is useless for me.

---

Post by Lightkey   » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:53 am

Lightkey
Midshipman

Joat42 wrote:Don't have Twatter and I'm not signing up to Twatter or X, or whatever the name of the day is so the link is useless for me.

That's curious. What do you get when you click on it?
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:11 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Lightkey wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Don't have Twatter and I'm not signing up to Twatter or X, or whatever the name of the day is so the link is useless for me.

That's curious. What do you get when you click on it?

"You need to sign in to see this content" or something of the kind.

Today the link works though, but I'm not surprised - Twitter have slowly been circling the drain since Musk took over.

---

Return to Politics