Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

A roundup of american conservative priorities

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: A roundup of american conservative priorities
Post by The E   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:49 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Arol wrote:In the US, a number of State Legislatures are promoting bills that would curtail certain segments of their populations from exercising their rights to vote.

Only those segments that do not have a right to vote in the first place, because:

1. They are not U.S. citizens
2. They are not residents of that state
3. They are being punished for committing violent crimes
4. They are dead
5. They are fictitious, or
6. They are voting multiple times in the same election

If none of those frauds are indeed being committed, why all the screaming about implementing measures to prevent them? Why the big push to nationalize election fraud with H.R. 1?
———————————
Grandpa voted Republican until the day he died — but he's been voting Democrat ever since.

You heard it here first: According to Imaginos, people who can't afford to wait in line for some time before they can cast their ballots are not US Citizens.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:00 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Wow. What sort of an idiot does it take to post something that stupid? The sheer density of stupid in such a short post is almost impressive, in a witless sort of way.
———————————
Does the Left drive those idiots barking mad, or were they drawn to the Left because they were already batshit crazy?
Post by Joat42   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Wow. What sort of an idiot does it take to post something that stupid? The sheer density of stupid in such a short post is almost impressive, in a witless sort of way.

Well, he just responded in kind to your stupid post because all those things you mentioned are already in the voter-laws.

Seems you don't actually have read any of the bills that have been introduced, and especially the one Kemp signed the other day.

Anyway, you just confirmed that you rather attack people than actually informing yourself and being right, which makes you what?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by The E   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:00 pm

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Wow. What sort of an idiot does it take to post something that stupid? The sheer density of stupid in such a short post is almost impressive, in a witless sort of way.

Only matching you, dear.

After all, every single thing you list there is already covered by existing legislation and is actually being prosecuted as a crime; Despite people like you protesting that these are very definitely real problems that are very definitely being used by people who aren't GOP voters to influence elections, there is a marked lack of actual evidence for fraud on a large enough scale to seriously affect elections against the GOP to be found.

There are, however, numerous instances of GOP supporters perpetrating fraud - Usually on trivial scales.

The actual problems are things like:
* Running elections on workdays, something actual democracies aren't doing because making it harder for people to vote is a bad idea
* Closing voting locations in rural areas, something actual democracies aren't doing because making it harder for people to vote is a bad idea
* Legislation to make handing people waiting in line to cast their vote water illegal, because real voters don't need to drink apparently?
* A bipartisan history of gerrymandering that significantly alters the value of a given vote

I could go on. These are all things that, as far as american conservatives are concerned, are good things, despite them doing nothing at all to combat the things you are so upset about.

In other words, welcome back, Imaginos. I see you are still thinking that me being snarky means I have nothing real to back up my snark.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Joat42
Admiral

So on the topic of conservative priorities, seems NRCC have been scamming people out of money.

Last week the NY Times had an incredible article about how the Trump campaign tricked donors into giving way more money than they meant to, using so-called "dark patterns" (i.e., tricky UI design and wording) that got many people to think they were donating one time, but instead accidentally signed up to contribute the same amount every month. The Trump campaign ended up having to return an astounding $122 million of the money it raised in refunds, much of it due to these tricks.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Arol   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Joat42 wrote:So on the topic of conservative priorities, seems NRCC have been scamming people out of money.

Last week the NY Times had an incredible article about how the Trump campaign tricked donors into giving way more money than they meant to, using so-called "dark patterns" (i.e., tricky UI design and wording) that got many people to think they were donating one time, but instead accidentally signed up to contribute the same amount every month. The Trump campaign ended up having to return an astounding $122 million of the money it raised in refunds, much of it due to these tricks.

Isn’t karma wonderful? :D
A con-man is caught out, and forced to make restitution to his victims! You have to wonder how many of them still thinks he’s the “Great White Hope”. :P
Even though on another site some of his most fierce proponents are trying to make the victims the fall guys; in that they should have read the donation site more closely!
Maybe DT can use some variation of this in the form letter that will accompany his refund; that he was trying to teach them a “life-lesson”. :roll:
Post by Daryl   » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Looking from a distance (as usual), my current impression is that the "american conservative priorities", have now reduced to simply keeping their taxpayer paid jobs in Congress and the Senate.
No grand crusades, no ethical stands, total disregard to long established lines in the sand, and no real agendas.
All that is important is keeping the Trump machine on side, so he will anoint you, and his multitudes will vote for you.
I suspect that this may all come unstuck, if the many legal problems do come up to bite Trump. I know that the rusted ons will believe that the swamp got him, and he will be incarcerated unfairly, but eventually enough of them must start to wonder, if just maybe he is a crook.
Post by dscott8   » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:27 am

dscott8
Commodore

Michael Everett wrote:
The E wrote:Making sure that the evil transgender people do not ruin sports, despite a marked lack of evidence that this is actually happening or, for that matter, a problem?

I would take issue with the "evil" bit (good and evil is disconnected from trans, same as it is disconnected from if someone has spiky hair or flat hair), but there have already been a few incidents. For one such example, I direct you to the Women's Powerlifiting where the Male-to-female Tansitioning Mary Gregory shattered the World Records, only for the new records to be removed after complex questions about gender-linked biological differences were asked.

The two most obvious solutions are either to -
1) Introduce new categories such as Male-to-Female and Female-to-Male so that those whose birth-sex does not match their Gender can compete against those similar to them.
2) Remove any and all gender restrictions to let men and women compete on a truly equal basis. Disability restrictions can also be removed under this option.

Simply ignoring the issues may lead to the return of the Stereotypical Russian Shotput Lady phenomenon, except using transitioning rather than doping to seize advantage.

Out of interest, are there still rules banning women from playing in the traditionally-male professional Baseball and American Football leagues?
- If not, then how many women have blazed a trail into the sports in question?
- If there are rules, then given the modern outlook on these matters... why do they still remain?

I believe that the fair solution is to eliminate all school/college sports, and replace them with dancing. Why?

- Dancers are some of the fittest people around.

- Everyone gets to dance, not just those selected for the team.

- Students can dance solo, with partners of any gender, or in groups.

- Dance will promote socialization and lessen the "us versus them" mentality of team sports.

- Students could letter in ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom, etc.

- Students could learn about history and other cultures through dance.

- They get to wear snazzy clothes instead of boring uniforms.

- It's more fun.

Return to Politics