Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Covid News

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Covid News
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:19 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Arol wrote:Rest in peace “Captain” Tom! :(
Last year when the Corona virus was starting to make an impact on Great Britain a contrarian in a wheelchair wanted to do his bit.
That he succeeded can only be described as an understatement!
https://www.dw.com/en/britains-captain- ... a-56433516

Indeed. But not sure if 'contrarian' is an apt word as it seems to be applied to Covid deniers and the like.

I'd prefer to say 'faithful man' :-)
Post by Arol   » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

isaac_newton wrote:
Arol wrote:Rest in peace “Captain” Tom! :(
Last year when the Corona virus was starting to make an impact on Great Britain a contrarian in a wheelchair wanted to do his bit.
That he succeeded can only be described as an understatement!
https://www.dw.com/en/britains-captain- ... a-56433516

Indeed. But not sure if 'contrarian' is an apt word as it seems to be applied to Covid deniers and the like.

I'd prefer to say 'faithful man' :-)

My bad :oops: , as the word I intended was “centenarian”, to be used instead of “100-year old gentleman”!
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:20 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Arol wrote: SNIP
My bad :oops: , as the word I intended was “centenarian”, to be used instead of “100-year old gentleman”!

Good one! :-)

made me chuckle!
Post by Senior Chief   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

n7axw wrote:I was surprised that we got it as soon as we did. This is a little backwater of about 450 people. Sue had an appointment with Dr in Sioux Falls and he made a comment that rural communities were actually progressing faster than urban ones here in SD. Fewer people easier to deal with I guess.

Otherwise it is an enormous relief to have normal, capable grownups back in control with their hand on the levers of power. I have been sleeping better knowing that we have relatively honest man who is trying to the right thing sitting in the Oval Office. Hopefully it will make a world of difference.

Don

-

The wife and I received our Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday complements of the USN here in San Diego. The paperwork states "this is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent Covid-19 and that there is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent Covid-19"

I asked the LT in charge if the vaccine came from the spinal cords of infected humans and he broke out laughing; another John Ringo fan of "Black Tide Rising" series. People were wondering about our laughter.

And yes the SWMBO and I are in the over 70 age group and at risk from all sorts of social engineering :)
Post by Arol   » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Hey, as a lifelong cigarette addict; and at age 75, I look at it this way, any way I can hedge my bet until I get the “jab”, I’ll take! ;)
So I’ll be getting a better fitting face mask as soon as possible!
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... y-covid-19

Return to Politics