Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Post election musings

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Post election musings
Post by n7axw   » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:28 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dumpster fire with no fire extinguisher in sight until January is well put. But if those pardons can be demonstrated to have been issued corruptly, they might not hold up in court...

In the meantime, I guess Michael Flynn is advocating overturning the election by Trump declaring martial law and the military administering a new election. Seems to me that he is working hard at setting himself up for new charges and another day in court... Sedition is a chargeable offense...

At any rate Flynn seems to have forgotten his oath to defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. He has labeled himself enemy, domestic.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

More musing... If after the electoral college meets and the Rethugs manage to stall the final roll call of states in Congress and remain stubborn about it, guess who we end up with as acting President... Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi... Wouldn't that give that bunch heartburn? Wouldn't that be a hoot... :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Arol   » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:More musing... If after the electoral college meets and the Rethugs manage to stall the final roll call of states in Congress and remain stubborn about it, guess who we end up with as acting President... Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi... Wouldn't that give that bunch heartburn? Wouldn't that be a hoot... :lol:

Don

-

…with a healthy dose of schadenfreude added for good measure! :twisted: :lol:
Post by n7axw   » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:46 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Off subject here... Congrats to the Brits for being the fist to institute a national program for vaccinating against covid. A 90??? Year old woman was first in line... She seemed sharp and chipper. I guess they were using the pfizer vaccine. At any rate a tip of the hat to the Brits... :D

Don

-
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:35 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:Off subject here... Congrats to the Brits for being the fist to institute a national program for vaccinating against covid. A 90??? Year old woman was first in line... She seemed sharp and chipper. I guess they were using the pfizer vaccine. At any rate a tip of the hat to the Brits... :D

Don

-

well - to be fair, for this particular vaccine, all we did was book a good wodge of it and approve its use. :-)

However, having said that - unlike almost everything that the UK government under Bozo Johnson has touched/wrecked - I do feel that the program will be rolled out quite smoothly.

This part of the process is under the control of the NHS and is not new tech or even a new experience - after all they have conducted a big annual flu jab campaign for years.

The government has also laid out fairly simple categories for the order of vaccination too, so not much of a feeling of a need to jump queues etc.

I'm sure that other countries with similar experienced health services will conduct equally as efficient operations!

[Edit] - of course, we also have a much higher rate of Covid infections, so need the vaccine much more!! [/Edit]
Post by Annachie   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well, the rabid rights regular attacks on 1st ladies has started in earnest.

Done nothing wrong, let's make shit up and pretend we're not hypocritical arseholes.

The USA needs to heal true. But first far too many of it's people need to grow up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Another musing: Rand Paul recently managed to stick his foot in his mouth...

Said he was upset about bring new voters to the polls. That sort of thing could impact the outcome of an election and change the country in ways he wouldn't like...

Well, duh... could it be that's the idea???

Poor Rand ...born with a silver pitchfork jammed up his a**... No help for him at all! :lol:

Don

-
Post by edgeworthy   » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:51 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Has everyone caught the one about Jared laundering $600million in campaign funds?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 76359.html
Post by n7axw   » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:56 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:Has everyone caught the one about Jared laundering $600million in campaign funds?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 76359.html

One wonders how long it will take his contributes to realize they're being scammed. Maybe never... I guess it really is true that there's a sucker born every minute...

Don

-
Post by ZVar   » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:59 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:
One wonders how long it will take his contributes to realize they're being scammed. Maybe never... I guess it really is true that there's a sucker born every minute...

Don

-

Never. Remember these are the people that believe covid was released by a partnership between China and the Democratic Party as a way to push mail-in ballots so voter fraud would mean Trump would not get reelected.
There is literately no reasoning with these people as they are so far out there they aren't even on the same planet as the rest of the human race.

(And yes, I had a co-employee try and convince me of that the other day)

Return to Politics