Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

The end of American democracy?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2747
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://youtu.be/0fE5r4aLdaE

Creepy Joe Biden's history of groping woman and little girls is irrefutably documented.


Biden is touchy feely with everybody. I could wish he had a wider understanding of personal space but calling it groping is very very refutable however.

Trump on the other hand has over 20 sexual assault accusations against him including a current rape lawsuit in which he has been corruptly using the entire justice department to fight a subpoena for his DNA, is on tape bragging about literally groping women without their consent, has also on tape bragged about using his position in the Miss Teen America pageant to burst in on naked underage girls in their dressing rooms, and is just generally a disgusting piece of feces.

And we know which one you support, so spare us any pretense of concern on this point TFLY. You clearly don't give a crap.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by n7axw   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:07 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5867
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://youtu.be/0fE5r4aLdaE

Creepy Joe Biden's history of groping woman and little girls is irrefutably documented.


Biden is touchy feely with everybody. I could wish he had a wider understanding of personal space but calling it groping is very very refutable however.

Trump on the other hand has over 20 sexual assault accusations against him including a current rape lawsuit in which he has been corruptly using the entire justice department to fight a subpoena for his DNA, is on tape bragging about literally groping women without their consent, has also on tape bragged about using his position in the Miss Teen America pageant to burst in on naked underage girls in their dressing rooms, and is just generally a disgusting piece of feces.

And we know which one you support, so spare us any pretense of concern on this point TFLY. You clearly don't give a crap.


Joe is equal opportunity male female about it. I think it happens when he is expressing empathy/compassion. But you are right. Given the sensitivity of the times, he shouldn't be doing that. As a public person, I've had to learn that myself.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 13767
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Jan 20 is the end of "the end of American democracy."

It is also a new beginning.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by noblehunter   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm

January 20th wasn't the end of American democracy. There are neither beginnings nor endings to American democracy. But it was a beginning.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by Daryl   » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3276
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I have a current earworm. Roy Orbison's "It's Over".
Trump's Big One has just been thrown out by SCOTUS, not even accepted to be heard.
The reason I'm mentioning it on this topic is that Trump claimed he was supporting the Texas bid in order to preserve US democracy. Extraordinary to claim that using a supposedly partisan court to invalidate the legally cast votes of tens of millions, would be in support of the democratic process.
Seems from a distance that the court has reaffirmed its ethical foundations. Well done.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by n7axw   » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5867
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Daryl wrote:I have a current earworm. Roy Orbison's "It's Over".
Trump's Big One has just been thrown out by SCOTUS, not even accepted to be heard.
The reason I'm mentioning it on this topic is that Trump claimed he was supporting the Texas bid in order to preserve US democracy. Extraordinary to claim that using a supposedly partisan court to invalidate the legally cast votes of tens of millions, would be in support of the democratic process.
Seems from a distance that the court has reaffirmed its ethical foundations. Well done.


Perhaps the most interesting thing about the courts incl the Supremes is that they were almost all conservative judges appointed by Republicans. The Supremes have their liberal minority, of course. But otherwise, not so much... I am sure that there were some demo appointed judges in the mix, but can't think of any.

Now on Monday when the electoral college meets. That is now a forgone conclusion. Final opportunity for Trumpist road blocks is at the calling of the roll on Jan 6. After that the jig is up. Trump moves toward defending himself in the courts.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by The E   » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2624
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Meanwhile, in the run-off elections in Georgia, we have Newt Gingrich saying the quiet part out loud and complaining that if more people vote, republicans will lose.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by n7axw   » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:39 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5867
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

An interest in bit of info...

Steve Schmidt, a long time Republican operative and never Trumper along with being one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, declared today that he is joining the Democratic Party. His reason: The Democratic Party is the only party in America still advocating democratic values.

I enjoy listening to Steve. He is the most eloquent defender of democracy over against authoritarianism that I know.

On another note, I see that Mitch McConnell formally recognized Joe Biden as President-elect today. Interesting, that. I wonder if he intends to compete with Trump as the leader of the Republican Party.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:48 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1120
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

n7axw wrote:An interest in bit of info...

Steve Schmidt, a long time Republican operative and never Trumper along with being one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, declared today that he is joining the Democratic Party. His reason: The Democratic Party is the only party in America still advocating democratic values.

I enjoy listening to Steve. He is the most eloquent defender of democracy over against authoritarianism that I know.

On another note, I see that Mitch McConnell formally recognized Joe Biden as President-elect today. Interesting, that. I wonder if he intends to compete with Trump as the leader of the Republican Party.

Don

-


with a bit of luck they will all turn on each other and devour themselves :-)
Top
Re: The end of American democracy?
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:11 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2747
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Well not the end of Democracy yet but not for lack of Trump trying. He just incited a mob in DC to try to storm the Capitol and stop Biden's election certification and they're battling Capitol Police as we speak.

Welcome to the tail end of the attempted coup anyone who was paying attention to Trump the last 4 years knew he would try if he lost an election.
Top

Return to Politics