Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Justice ACB confirmed!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Justice ACB confirmed!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:06 am

TFLYTSNBN

Waiting for Eurotrash heads to explode.
Re: Justice ACB confirmed!
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:03 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Could you please put at least some sense in you post? Empty posts pulled Universe close to heat death, you know!
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by munroburton   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:51 pm

munroburton
Admiral

From here, it just seems like an unwise gamble.

First, it sends a signal that the Republican party is not confident enough of controlling both the Senate and White House after the election to wait.

Second, it just pisses off Dem voters, motivating them to vote and campaign harder in the hopes that they win a trifecta.

Third, IF they do win that trifecta, they've been handed a gold-plated casus belli to add seats to the Supreme Court and appoint whoever they want.

Good luck.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

What about the people who think that Supreme Court of the United State justices should be able to explain basic things like what are the rights protected by the First Amendment to the US Constitution from memory during their confirmation hearing. You know, unlike Amy Coney Barrett...

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Waiting for Eurotrash heads to explode.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:54 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

This from the man who gleefully predicted the death of her predecessor. To me the whole concept of judges being appointed under consideration of their political leanings is absurd. Shows yet again that the US system is broken.
The US boasts to have the oldest democracy (although Greece may argue against that), but they seem to not understand that a tree can't prosper unless watered and cared for. You can't just create something, and not tune it over time.
My head won't explode, even if Trump does get up it will just confirm my prejudices, and give me something to laugh at for another four years.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:17 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:This from the man who gleefully predicted the death of her predecessor. To me the whole concept of judges being appointed under consideration of their political leanings is absurd. Shows yet again that the US system is broken.
The US boasts to have the oldest democracy (although Greece may argue against that), but they seem to not understand that a tree can't prosper unless watered and cared for. You can't just create something, and not tune it over time.
My head won't explode, even if Trump does get up it will just confirm my prejudices, and give me something to laugh at for another four years.

The oldest democracy is probably Iceland with its Althing, although I don't remember how that works.

As for judges and their political leanings, I suspect that there is no escaping it. It has always been that way although it has become hypersensitized right now.

Do you know who the first Supreme Court packer was? Thomas Jefferson. When Adams filled a vacancy with the intent to extend the Federalist view, Jefferson got po-ed and added a judge to counter the Adams appointment.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics