Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Waving the bloody shirt

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Waving the bloody shirt
Post by The E   » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:05 am

The E
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American.

And what does that mean, exactly?
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:16 am

Dilandu
Admiral

The E wrote:
Senior Chief wrote:But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American.

And what does that mean, exactly?

That he should not question the heavenly wisdom or competence of his government, that in its greatest kindness allowed him the honor to chose one of two.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Daryl   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:43 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Yet we do allow dual citizenships, and it doesn't seem to cause us any harm. Mind you the jingoistic displays we see on TV at Trump rallies with flags and such receive derision from most Australians.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Yet we do allow dual citizenships, and it doesn't seem to cause us any harm. Mind you the jingoistic displays we see on TV at Trump rallies with flags and such receive derision from most Australians.

My own response is disgust. 200,000 plus dead and these idiots pack themselves into these rallies like nothing has happened, all to pay homage to the superspreader in chief. Even worse, when questioned, the response you get is, "well I'm ready to go" or something like that. No concern at all for the folks they might be carrying it home to. Enough to make you think that the human race is devolving rather than evolving...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:35 am

Joat42
Admiral

n7axw wrote:Enough to make you think that the human race is devolving rather than evolving...

Populists and their crowds are a symptom that something is broken in society.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Arol   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Populist demagogues have always been with us, the B.O.M is simply the latest manifestation of this scourge.
He is very effective in his use of the most potent weapon inherent in all of his ilk; telling his devotees what they want to hear.
But there are some of his devotees that I for the life of me can’t understand.
That the women in his horde of worshippers seems indifferent to the fact that he is the very epitome of a male-chauvinist-pig which his; what another poster so aptly called the “pussy-grabber”, interview with Billy Bush made self-evident! :?
Or, most mystifying to me, the fact that he is so popular with segments of people- of- color, and the Hispanic community. When he is so obviously; and by his own words and actions, a racist! :?

Return to Politics