Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Election 2020

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Election 2020
Post by Arol   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:Scared.

I have some friends in the US, one of whom ... let's just say her husband makes Fly seem moderate.
He was talking civil war if Hillary won last election. After 4 years of Trump, there will be violence if he loses.
Hell, I expect there'll be right wing violence on election day.
It's just a question of how much.

When in contact with my extended family in the US; most of them of my age Republicans, not too sure of the younger generation grandnephews/nieces, they are essentially telling me “not to get my knickers in an uproar", that it’s mainly hyperbole being bandied about.
Yet that stands in stark contrast to having a sitting President telling a rightwing militia group to: “Stand Back and to Stand Ready”! A statement that in itself could be construed as pure hype, and yet it could equally be taken as a call to arms! Especially in conjunction with your friends statement, regarding civil disturbances!
It does bring up the question of how the senior members of the GOP national committee will react. Are they really so cowed that they’ll let the B.O.M. ride roughshod over your Constitution in a pique over having lost an election? :?:
Whatever, it certainly looks like you are in for an interesting two weeks over there.
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:12 am

Dilandu
Admiral

I have some friends in the US, one of whom ... let's just say her husband makes Fly seem moderate.

He was talking civil war if Hillary won last election. After 4 years of Trump, there will be violence if he loses.

Democrat's thugs aren't much better...

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/bla ... mmunities/
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:14 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:

Democrat's thugs aren't much better...

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/bla ... mmunities/

So far as I know, Demos don't run around ..carrying assault weapons or try assaulting statehouse to intimidate the legislature or plot to kidnap or assainate governors. This is the kinda stuff that spooks me. Nor, to my knowledge, do we have a candidate threatening not to leave the White House if defeated or a bunch of militias threatening to try to keep that candidate in the WH. In short, I don't see how your comment makes any sense. It sounds like the sort of "both sides are equally guilty" bull crap that not only fails to shed light, but actually obscures what is going on.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:40 am

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:

So far as I know, Demos don't run around ..carrying assault weapons or try assaulting statehouse to intimidate the legislature or plot to kidnap or assainate governors. This is the kinda stuff that spooks me. Nor, to my knowledge, do we have a candidate threatening not to leave the White House if defeated or a bunch of militias threatening to try to keep that candidate in the WH. In short, I don't see how your comment makes any sense. It sounds like the sort of "both sides are equally guilty" bull crap that not only fails to shed light, but actually obscures what is going on.

Don

-

Ah, so extorting buisness, looting shops and burning museums are so much better for you that armed intimidation? You know, rioting crowd is also quite intimidating... And, as far as I recall, your side supporters already claim that their states must secede if Trump win.

I personally have no stakes in this game, you see. But this allow me to see both sides as hopelessly corrupt, incompetent, and interested only in power & money. If Americans were thinking rationally, they would kick both Biden and Trump out of election as "morally and intellectually unfit for such position", and forbade both Democrat and Repubpican parties from participating, to break their power monopoly. It would be RATIONAL things to do.

Post by Daryl   » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu. Like you I'm not personally affected, apart from being a world citizen.
My take is that the situation is complex, with more potential for real violence from the right than from the left. The left may have sitins and protests, but you don't see them with military guns and gear in the street.
The riots seem to be somewhat overhyped by the media. In a country of 330M people, possibly a few thousands participate. Of those, some are BLM, some Antifa, some Patriot Boys, some Boogaloo Bois, some white supremacists and some simply thugs out for a looting. I doubt that there is any presence of Democrats or Republicans there as such.
As to your suggestion of getting rid of the two geriatrics, the US system appears stuffed needing reform, but abandoning the rule of law would be disastrous.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
n7axw wrote:

Don

-

Ah, so extorting buisness, looting shops and burning museums are so much better for you that armed intimidation? You know, rioting crowd is also quite intimidating... And, as far as I recall, your side supporters already claim that their states must secede if Trump win.

I personally have no stakes in this game, you see. But this allow me to see both sides as hopelessly corrupt, incompetent, and interested only in power & money. If Americans were thinking rationally, they would kick both Biden and Trump out of election as "morally and intellectually unfit for such position", and forbade both Democrat and Repubpican parties from participating, to break their power monopoly. It would be RATIONAL things to do.

Most, that is over 90 percent, of the protesting was peaceful. People have the right to publicly assemble to make their concerns known. One night I was gratified to see Mit Romney, a very conservative senator, with his wife out marching with the crowds which were racially mixed. When asked why, he responded, "Black lives matter."

However, of the remainder, there's no question but what there was some rioting born out of sheer anger and rage. But a good portion of it was incitement by white extremists trying to discredit the crowds.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Arol   » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

A hypothesis:

Biden reaches the 270 and declared a winner.
The B.O.M.’s legal team launches action.
Here’s the question, at what level? State, Federal or direct to the SCUSA?
Not only that, what will the grounds be?
Simply because the B.O.M. “knows…feels…is sure…” that there has been fraud happening, is hearsay sufficient, without proof?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

State level.

If he can fiddle it, the Federal district level too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:57 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Well, all Trump need is by legal measures knock one state from under the Biden... And considering that he controls the Supreme Court, it's perfectly possible.

Return to Politics