Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Trump to use the courts to stay in power

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump to use the courts to stay in power
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

There are several reports that mail-in votes have been found dumped in ditches or in enclosed yards. Oddly, the vast majority of those dumped postal votes seem to be votes for Trump and the DoJ is getting involved in the investigation. In addition, the USPS union have declared that they are aware of at least some of the incidents and have confirmed that their own personnel are not involved.

If these stories are true, then postal voting in the USA is... probably no longer suitable for purpose.

And yes, Winsconsin has reported discovering postal votes abandoned in a ditch while there is footage of a worker dumping bags of postal votes in an enclosed parking lot in California.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:There are several reports that mail-in votes have been found dumped in ditches or in enclosed yards.

There was a single report of a box of mail found in a ditch. Included in the various bits of mail was some absentee ballots.

The way you phrased it one might think you were trying to create the impression someone had gathered up a bunch of absentee ballots specifically and dumped them, which is not what happened.

Oddly, the vast majority of those dumped postal votes seem to be votes for Trump and the DoJ is getting involved in the investigation.

While I have no doubt Bill Barr would launch an investigation into reports of flying pink elephants trying to rig the election as long as the story said they were trying to rig it against Trump, care to link to the evidence this was so?

there is footage of a worker dumping bags of postal votes in an enclosed parking lot in California.

Link it then.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Link it then.

As the saying goes: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:07 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

CNN on line currently has a comprehensive article on this. OK, I realise that CNN isn't Brietbart so it doesn't believe that Trump is the new Messiah, but their investigation really debunks the conspiracy theory.
We (in my location) have two elections coming up, and I intend to postal vote in both due to Covid risks. Just like Trump.
Post by valentitp   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 am

valentitp
Midshipman

My my, the Solarians are in an uproar over President Trump's comments on "Mail In Voting".
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:34 am

gcomeau
Admiral

valentitp wrote:My my, the Solarians are in an uproar over President Trump's comments on "Mail In Voting".

Which comments would those be? The ones where he baselessly alleges widespread fraud in order to try to discredit the legitimacy of the election? Or the ones where he uses the sabotage of postal delivery his hand picked postmaster general is performing in order to undermine faith in the election? Or the ones where he illegally encourages entire states to try to vote twice in order to create widespread illegitimacy in the election?

It's so hard to keep track.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Joat42
Admiral

valentitp wrote:My my, the Solarians are in an uproar over President Trump's comments on "Mail In Voting".

I guess some people are interested in defending democracy and others think it's okay to throw it under the bus to get their "guy" elected.

Which type are you?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by The E   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:50 pm

The E
Admiral

So either you are one of our previous pantheon of complete idiots who were rather adamant that Trump has done nothing wrong and fascism is good, actually (or, as they liked to put it, "people who call fascist things fascist are the real fascists!"), or you are someone who knowingly or not decided to jump into the hole left by their passing.

As you are currently doing a piss-poor job of being a real american in their mould, here are some pointers:
1. Your insults are weak. You need to up your game in that respect; these oneliners you're dribbling out are mediocre
2. You are not using enough easily debunked sources. In fact, I notice you're not spending any time sourcing anything; to be fair to you, this does have some tradition here, but you are missing the code phrase "do your own research, lieberals!", which has never, ever backfired for anyone posting here.

To my fellow frequent posters in this forum: I would recommend that you ignore this person from this point on until they shape up. The previous representatives of the american conservative side of the political divide have set a standard for excellence that we should expect from anyone trying to replace them; this supposed successor to the throne of chief bootlicker should have to prove their mettle before being engaged again.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Nah, it's "secretary Chernenko from the hospital bed accused secretary Andropov in adjacent hospital bed about the attempt to usurp the power". Seriously, hearse races on the Red Square is not the tradition that we proud of. You shouldn't imitate USSR here.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

If you have serious points to make, make them. Otherwise you are just trolling and should exit the forum.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics