Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Presidential dementia

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Presidential dementia
Post by n7axw   » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:22 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

There are those including some on the left who have claimed that Biden is less than sharp. I don't see it myself. I know that sometimes he gaffes when he gets excited. Also he has a normally well concealed stammering problem. But those things have always been true rather than being a sign of mental decline. I have also heard him give completely coherent speeches and sharp, well considered answers during q&a... But still, it it is a possibility to keep an eye on.

As for Trump, it appears to me that the wear and tear has become obvious. When he gets excited, it turns into an incoherent rant that jumps from subject to subject, syntax out the window. He has difficulty dealing with complex or abstract subjects. Given the amount of time he spends being angry, one has to wonder how long he will last on his present course. The presidency is a stressful job under normal circumstances and Trump doesn't do stress well.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: Presidential dementia
Post by Daryl   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

From Trump's latest speech. “The problem is, big surge in New Zealand so you know, it’s terrible, we don’t want that."
New Zealand had been 102 days without a case, then got 7 (seven) which they are hunting down the cause of.
I would have thought that 7 was smaller than the 52,000 the US got in the same period?
Post by Annachie   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

90 active cases in NZ as of this morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Arol   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Must admit that I for one; even though not being a American, am looking forward to the Presidential Debates.
When the B.O.M. doesn’t have a prepared speech in front of him, has to answer on the fly. His habit of sticking his foot in his mouth should prove interesting. ;)
Post by The E   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:42 pm

The E
Admiral

Arol wrote:Must admit that I for one; even though not being a American, am looking forward to the Presidential Debates.
When the B.O.M. doesn’t have a prepared speech in front of him, has to answer on the fly. His habit of sticking his foot in his mouth should prove interesting. ;)

Sure, but it will also be depressingly inconsequential. I mean, he can openly state that he is actively sabotaging the election without much in the way of actual consequence; what gaffe could he possibly make that would really matter?
Post by Arol   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

The E wrote:
Arol wrote:Must admit that I for one; even though not being a American, am looking forward to the Presidential Debates.

Sure, but it will also be depressingly inconsequential. I mean, he can openly state that he is actively sabotaging the election without much in the way of actual consequence; what gaffe could he possibly make that would really matter?

Unfortunately you may be correct.
He arrogantly even intimated a similar situation even before he was elected. Remember the Billy Bush conversation, where he claimed to be able to walk down a street, and shoot a random passer-by without any repercussions, simply because of who he was.
A random shooting contra stealing an election, not that different!
Post by Annachie   » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I believe the shooting thing was not real.

But, considering that was the infamous "Pussy grabber" interview, it might as well have been.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:58 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:I believe the shooting thing was not real.

But, considering that was the infamous "Pussy grabber" interview, it might as well have been.

He in fact did claim he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and none of his voters would turn against him...
Post by The E   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 am

The E
Admiral

Arol wrote:A random shooting contra stealing an election, not that different!

Indeed, however: When Trump was talking about killing a person on 5th, he was bragging. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't shot someone else yet. He very definitely and very openly attempted to sabotage the election though.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:38 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Have to be close range though.
I suspect that he couldn't hit a barn if he was inside with the windows closed.

The E wrote:
Arol wrote:A random shooting contra stealing an election, not that different!

Indeed, however: When Trump was talking about killing a person on 5th, he was bragging. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't shot someone else yet. He very definitely and very openly attempted to sabotage the election though.

Return to Politics