Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Deliberately sabotaging the Postal Service

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Deliberately sabotaging the Postal Service
Post by Daryl   » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:51 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

From a great distance I have heard that each state has different arrangements. I'd love to hear that I'm wrong?
Senior Chief wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Aaaaand, Trump went on Fox today and openly admitted he is sabotaging the post office to sabotage mail in voting capability.

In a pandemic.

Where in person voting could literally kill people.

Take your absentee ballot, fill it out, and drop it off at the drive up polling station. Been doing it this way for 20+ years and never had a problem. You even get a sticker that says "I Voted"

Be sensible and do not believe everything you read or listen to that comes out of mainstream media.
Post by The E   » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:17 am

The E
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Interesting worldview you got there. Perhaps you should question what is happening to others than just think everything is hunky-dory because you don't have any problems.

"I never thought the Tigers would eat me!" cries a voter who voted for the "Tigers eat everyone" party
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:44 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Latest update is DeJoy told people in Congress he wasn't going to strip out the sorting machines until after the election.

Today: https://twitter.com/_HeatherWalker/stat ... 3772133382

They are actively sabotaging the election in broad daylight.

Those machines sort thousands of pieces of mail per hour. There is NO WAY postal employees can pick up that slack manually. There is no conceivable argument that stripping out those machine can be justified by "efficiency" or "cost saving" or any other bullshit they try to trot out to explain it. This will make mail delivery more expensive and far less efficient and there is no doubt about that whatsoever. The ONLY reason to pull those machines is to sabotage mail delivery. That is IT.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 am

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:There is NO WAY postal employees can pick up that slack manually. There is no conceivable argument that stripping out those machine can be justified by "efficiency" or "cost saving" or any other bullshit they try to trot out to explain it.

Actually, I can think of one argument that's valid: If they where switching out old machines for newer and faster ones. Of course, there are some caveats to that.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:19 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:There is NO WAY postal employees can pick up that slack manually. There is no conceivable argument that stripping out those machine can be justified by "efficiency" or "cost saving" or any other bullshit they try to trot out to explain it.

Actually, I can think of one argument that's valid: If they where switching out old machines for newer and faster ones. Of course, there are some caveats to that.

Sure, but they aren't doing that... they're just destroying them and tossing them in dumpsters.
Post by n7axw   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:14 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I see DeJoy is before the Senate this morning, promising to be a good boy until after the election.... Am I alone in not believing a word of it?...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What does a stamp cost now? $25? :lol: It will be $100 when Trump finishes.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Joat42   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Joat42
Admiral

cthia wrote:What does a stamp cost now? $25? :lol: It will be $100 when Trump finishes.

So...does that mean that the cost will be based on the transit-time for a letter?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
cthia wrote:What does a stamp cost now? $25? :lol: It will be $100 when Trump finishes.

So...does that mean that the cost will be based on the transit-time for a letter?

:lol:

If so, outgoing overseas mail will be prohibitive in cost. Why does it take so long for mail to get to the UK, than to arrive? It would be cheaper and faster to book a round trip flight and hand deliver the mail myself.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Senior Chief   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

1st class postage in the USA is 55 cents. First class postage supports all the junk mail spam that everyone received.. Junk mail cost the sender less than a letter. If all junk mail paid the same amount as 1st class postage perhaps the post office would not be running at a loss...

How many people actually sit down and write a letter, place in an envelope, place a stamp on it and mail it. With the advent of tech, social media, smart phones, very few people mail letters. Corporations are doing away from sending out invoices/bills and fewer people are mailing in their payments. It is done by directly debiting bank accounts or credit cards. The post office is a bankrupt business model where most of the overhead is in employee expenses, facilities, and equipment that cost more than the revenue of postage.

I have always thought that the post office should be done aways with and given to corporations to run. The USPS should only be used for government mail.

Sell off the building and vehicles to some private business and let them handle the rest of the mail/packages.

I have family members that are current and retired employees of the post office so I hear how badly things are run.

Just MHO for what it is worth so flame on as people usually do...
Last edited by Senior Chief on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Politics