Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Too Much and Never Enough

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Too Much and Never Enough
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
n7axw wrote:But if you want to understand where Trump is coming from and why, it is a must read.

... key words - want to understand.

Most of Trump's enemies don't want to understand anything about him. He is not a (broken) complex individual, he is a cardboard cutout for them to vent their rage on. A mirror in which they can only see what they hate the most.

The idea that he was raised to be as he is by someone who failed to live up to the generally accepted standards of Parent means nothing to his enemies. They care not for his history, only that he stands for something that they hate, that he has the power that they crave but cannot achieve.

After all, why waste effort on understanding when you can simply howl?

While understanding the why and how of Trump becoming the dictator admiring sexually molesting thieving lying piece of crap that he is could be a worthy intellectual exercise, it is hardly a requirement for knowing he is to be despised and belongs nowhere near the levers of power.

We are not talking about some character in a fiction book that we're sitting around in book club discussing in hypothetical terms as part of a character study. We are talking about someone real actual people put in charge of a real actual country and he is doing real actual damage to it on a daily basis... pausing to ask whether that was because he had a bad childhood is not exactly priority one.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:21 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

No. It's not priority one. Nor can it be allowed to serve as an excuse for bad behavior. If possible Donald J Trump should be held accountable for his criminal behavior. By that I mean a jail cell and an orange jump suit to match his hair. I sincerely wish this was a fiction book, but it's not.

But that being said, trying to understand the situations we face is always important. A lot more damage has been done in the world by ignorance acting heedlessly out of impulse than by malice, especially when the cause if the ignorance is dumb arsed laziness.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

There is absolutely no way I will fail to get that book! I plan to get two copies. It should make a good coffee table display, and should become a collector's item. He IS POTUS, and discussions of past Presidents have always been a thing. Decades into the future this book will be a gem.

Besides, what was done to Mary's family being cut out of the family fortune and losing their health insurance while knowing they had montrous medical bills from a handicapped child is evil. How could Trump care about Obamacare when he didn't care for his own young relative having health insurance, or money.

I'll buy the book just to put money in Mary's pocket, inspite of the Trumps. Make that two.

It would be great if right in the middle of a debate Biden held up the book and asked Trump to sign it. When he refuses, Mary steps up to the plate. :lol:

The book that brought down The House. :lol: :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I think Mary Trump's message directed to the public can be summarized as follows: Yes, what you are seeing in this man is real. Furthermore, he has always been this way. In fact it is much worse than what you think. For the love of country, don't entrust him with another term.

We may have that figured out before the book. And of course, the knowingly blind will stay that way. But there will be others who pick up the book and have their eyes opened.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:24 am

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:..Russia through Deutchebank. But some of this goes beyond the book.

Aaaand again the short blink of american's common sence get lost into feverish malstrom of insanity.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:46 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
n7axw wrote:..Russia through Deutchebank. But some of this goes beyond the book.

Aaaand again the short blink of american's common sence get lost into feverish malstrom of insanity.

Yeah... insanity.

I mean it's not like Deutschebank has ever been busted for laundering billions of dollars for Russia. (https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ing-scheme)

And it's certainly not like for absolutely *inexplicable* (at least by legitimate means) reasons when every other bank on earth was refusing to loan Donald Trump money because of his long history of bank loan defaults that he actually bragged were intentional for some reason Deutschebank kept extending him massive loans...
(https://forensicnews.net/2020/05/08/wha ... k-records/)

And it's not like Trump has spent his entire presidency showing a fawning deference to anything Putin wants while praising what a great strong leader he is...

I mean, that would be *insane*. Right?
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:

Again a bit of reality denial going on here, Dilandu. Not on my side...

I've wondered why Trump goes to such lengths to defer to Putin. Perhaps it's because He's in debt to Putin for more money than you and I could possibly imagine. With Trump that would give Putin lots of leverage...

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Democratic constituents are already aware of the gist of what Mary has to say. Her message is more for...

The Republicans, for which they stand, one Nation, under god, divisible, with liberty and justice for Putin.

Trump is desperate. He knows that as soon as his Hollywood career is over, his problems will just begin and his goose will be cooked.

Again, Kanye West is running for President. If he wins, there will be at least one good thing about that. Okay, two, because Kim K. will make a SMOKING HOT First Lady. But!

It would be worth it just to see that racist SOB have to shake hands again with another Black President, after swallowing his constitution while shaking hands with Obama, that reverberated around the world on National TV. He received it from and would then have to pass it to... A Black man. It will be recorded for all of eternity that Trump will be the white substance in an Oreo Cookie. Talk about fake news, he won't even be able to fake a smile.

That racist SOB will turn as red as fire.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by The E   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 am

The E
Admiral

cthia wrote:Again, Kanye West is running for President. If he wins, there will be at least one good thing about that. Okay, two, because Kim K. will make a SMOKING HOT First Lady. But!

And apparently Kim K is somewhat worried about her husband's mental state; enough so that, at least according to Kanye, she tried to get him admitted to a hospital.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:11 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:
cthia wrote:Again, Kanye West is running for President. If he wins, there will be at least one good thing about that. Okay, two, because Kim K. will make a SMOKING HOT First Lady. But!

And apparently Kim K is somewhat worried about her husband's mental state; enough so that, at least according to Kanye, she tried to get him admitted to a hospital.

BTW If Kanye does actually run, who do you think he will take most votes from?

Return to Politics