Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

R.I.P. Rep. John L. Lewis

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
R.I.P. Rep. John L. Lewis
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:07 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I will leave it to others who knew him better to eulogize him. But what I knew I deeply respected. The giants are passing from the earth. May the memory of the warriors who have gone before us be forever cherished in our midst.

Of such was Representative John L. Lewis.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: R.I.P. Rep. John L. Lewis
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The shoes he wore will never be filled. Seriously, a lot of history is associated with this man. And he will be sorely missed.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It's a shame that Marco Rubio mistook Elijah Cummings for John Lewis. Which made his comment seem disingenuous. How embarrassing. I suppose Blacks look the same to him.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:It's a shame that Marco Rubio mistook Elijah Cummings for John Lewis. Which made his comment seem disingenuous. How embarrassing. I suppose Blacks look the same to him.

Another Republican senator made the same mistake...McConnell maybe?
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

One of them blamed a staffer, which may be true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics