Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Further abuses of power...

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Further abuses of power...
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Reports coming out now that Roger Stone, who has made it abundantly clear he withheld incriminating evidence on Trump from prosecutors during his questioning and trial, has now had his sentence commuted.

By Trump.

So the corrupt trade is complete if these reports are accurate. Stone protects Trump, Trump uses his office to keep Stone from doing prison time for his crimes.

If everyone around Obama kept getting found guilty of criminal conduct and Obama had waived around the power of his office to get them off as long as they kept their mouths shut about him exactly how big do you think the riots in the streets from "Law and Order" Republicans would have been?
Re: Further abuses of power...
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Just four more months. That's how long we have to wait for the electorate to rule on all of this. Then we wait for the inauguration for the bums to be out of power.

In the meantime Stone will go back to doing more illegal stuff. Wonder if he'll be open enough to be caught at it...

Gracious. What a mess all this is. Even without the covid, what a mess. :(

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

n7axw wrote:Just four more months. That's how long we have to wait for the electorate to rule on all of this. Then we wait for the inauguration for the bums to be out of power.

In the meantime Stone will go back to doing more illegal stuff. Wonder if he'll be open enough to be caught at it...

Don

-

And what happens if in four months those people hang on to their guns, religion, and their bible and the other deploribles reelect Trump in a fair honest election? What will happen? Will this website blow up in anger.
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:59 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:
n7axw wrote:Just four more months. That's how long we have to wait for the electorate to rule on all of this. Then we wait for the inauguration for the bums to be out of power.

Don

-

And what happens if in four months those people hang on to their guns, religion, and their bible and the other deploribles reelect Trump in a fair honest election? What will happen? Will this website blow up in anger.

I'm sure that there will be both anger and frustration expressed. But if Trump is re-elected, that will be how it is and we'll have to live with it. That doesn't necessarily mean we won't be doing lots of protesting and getting it off our chest. But that is also part of the bargain we make with each other in a free society.

By the way, I have a Bible and confess Christ. Years ago in the past, I also had guns. In fact even now I've thought about getting a rifle for target practice. So be careful with your assumptions, Senior Chief.

By the way, I don't regard you as a deplorable.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Escalating further...

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/12 ... 00480?s=19

Oregon Public Broadcasting confirms tweets today that federal officers in camouflage but no agency identification or badges, driving unmarked non-government rental cars, are grabbing protestors off streets in Portland and not talking w local authorities

Yeah, that doesn't scream dictatorial police state or anything...
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:39 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And now further.

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/sta ... 8559285249

Where does the Trump apologist gang stand on "Proactive arrests" of civilians off the street with no actual criminal charges being laid by unidentified federal agents in unmarked vehicles? Hmm?

How far down Fascism Lane are you guys willing to walk with Trump?
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Prime Time with Chris Cuomo had a guy on tonight who approached these enforcers, for the lack of a better word, hoping to converse with them and got beaten for his efforts. He just stood there and took it. He got a broken arm and bruises over his body. He was a big guy and as a consequence was able to keep his footing and walk away when it was over.

He said he simply wanted to ask them how what they were doing squared with the constitution.

I guess their official mission was to protect federal property. The incident occured not on federal property, but out in the street.

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Floating the idea of delaying the election because of "unfairness" is beyond humorous. Isn't that the unfair pot calling the unfair kettle unfair? Isn't unfairness what got him elected? So what's good for his goose isn't good for the gander? Well, two wrongs don't make a right.

The Constitution says election day must be changed by Congress. But who's to say that that dump truck, ah, Dump Trump, can't declare a state of emergency revolving around the pandemic and its impact on Democracy. Yattas ad infinitum.

One guess who's coaching him. One guess who's Putin him up to it.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WeberFan   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

n7axw wrote:Prime Time with Chris Cuomo had a guy on tonight who approached these enforcers, for the lack of a better word, hoping to converse with them and got beaten for his efforts. He just stood there and took it. He got a broken arm and bruises over his body. He was a big guy and as a consequence was able to keep his footing and walk away when it was over.

He said he simply wanted to ask them how what they were doing squared with the constitution.

I guess their official mission was to protect federal property. The incident occured not on federal property, but out in the street.

Don

-

Chris Cuomo...

Now THERE'S a reputable source of news.

I wonder if he's done with his COVID quarantine yet?
Post by Arol   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:One guess who's coaching him. One guess who's Putin him up to it.

With the likes of those masters of Machiavellian political dirty-tricks; Putin and Stone in his corner, the next 100 days of the B.O.M.’s campaign will undoubtedly prove interesting.
Maybe a “Wag the Dog” scenario? :twisted:
As a stand-in for Albania: Iran or Venezuela comes to mind!

Return to Politics