Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A Clearing House of a Serious Problem

The murder of George Floyd has the distinction of affecting the entire world. No doubt social media and present technology played a huge role. If a picture is worth a thousand words, the value of video can't be touched.

There is nothing more effective than putting a problem on the table, spread all out before your very eyes, to see what you are really up against. Let's catalog every single act you can recall of deplorable acts against African Americans right here in this thread. If you can remember an incident, bring it here. Let's see just how bad things really are. Then perhaps we can put a knee on—and murder—the problem, and not some innocent man's neck, and life.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was a 14-year-old African American who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955, after being accused of offending a white woman in her family's grocery store. The brutality of his murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States. Till posthumously became an icon of the civil rights movement.

The brutal abduction and murder of 14-year-old Emmett Till on August 28, 1955, galvanized the emerging Civil Rights Movement.

Who Was Emmett Till?

Emmett Till was born in Chicago and grew up in a middle-class black neighborhood. Till was visiting relatives in Money, Mississippi, in 1955 when the fourteen-year-old was accused of whistling at Carolyn Bryant, a white woman who was a cashier at a grocery store.

Four days later, Bryant's husband Roy and his half-brother J.W. Milam kidnapped Till, beat him and shot him in the head. The men were tried for murder, but an all-white, male jury acquitted them.

Till's murder and open casket funeral galvanized the emerging civil rights movement. More than six decades later, in January 2017, Timothy Tyson, author of The Blood of Emmett Till and a senior research scholar at Duke University, revealed that in a 2007 interview Carolyn admitted to him that she had lied about Till making advances toward her.*

Emmett Till was beaten so badly he was unrecognizable at his own funeral. His crime? Complimenting a white woman. So she says.

*Making her the first "Karen" of this thread.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:41 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Karen.

An appalling example. It was obvious she tried to Emmett Til this man for asking her to put her dog on a leash. Although she was fired from her job at an investment firm, it may lead to a career in acting.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Karen #2.

An undergrad white student calls the cop on a black graduate student for falling asleep in the Common Area. Everybody falls asleep in the Common Area. Everybody falls asleep anywhere on a college campus. Burning the night oil tends to make you do that.

Once upon a time, I removed my shirt and used it to cover a young white woman who had fallen asleep on a sofa in the library of a college campus. She was wearing a very short skirt and became very exposed. I was on the computer three feet from her when she arrived to sit down and study. We briefly spoke then she fell asleep an hour or two later. When she awoke she figured out what happened finding my shirt covering her. She was a bit flushed but very grateful. She was facing the elevator, shocking people as the door opened. I'm certain had I called the cops, she would not have been questioned, or detained for fifteen minutes. Rightfully so.

Anyone ever fallen asleep on a college campus because of exhaustion from study?

I suppose the Karen thought there was no way a black woman could be a student at Yale. A black woman who had been at Yale long before she had, and was a graduate.

Crime? Being black while falling asleep studying.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Karen #3 dubbed BBQ Becky. She called the police on two black men barbequing in the Park with a "charcoal" grill. I suppose the color of the grill was the problem.

They lived in the neighborhood all of their lives and got together for a cookout every summer. She was new.

Crime? Barbequing while black.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Karen #4 dubbed 'Permit Patty.'

A video circulated online on Saturday showing an angry woman on the phone, allegedly with the police, because an 8-year-old girl was selling water on a sidewalk.

In May, the world was introduced to "BBQ Becky," an Oakland woman who called the police on two black men grilling without a permit. Now, we've found her successor in "Permit Patty."

The internet quickly dubbed the woman, whose real name is apparently Alison Ettel, "Permit Patty" — and since the video was uploaded, a lot more has happened. Here's everything you need to know about the events that transpired.

Meanwhile, the internet sleuths of Twitter dug into Ettel's past and discovered that her business, a company called TreatWell that creates cannabis products for humans and animals alike, despite the "questionable legality" of the latter, according to SF Gate. In other words: Permit Patty might not even have a permit for some of the work she does herself.

According to screenshots from a Twitter user who reached out to local dispensaries, many businesses have decided to cut ties with TreatWell as a result of the incident.

Ettel was also set to be one of the subjects of a documentary called Lady Buds, a film about women in the cannabis industry. Upon seeing the viral footage of the phone call, however, the director of the film has announced that Ettel will be no longer involved with the project and "all content that remotely promotes her or her business" will be removed.

In an interview with HuffPost that happened after the video went viral, Ettel claims it was the noise from the child as she sold that pushed her to call the police.

"They were screaming about what they were selling,” she told HuffPost. "It was literally nonstop. It was every two seconds, ‘Come and buy my water.’ It was continuous and it wasn’t a soft voice, it was screaming."

According to the same interview though, Ettel claimed to have only pretended to call the police, which as NPR's Linda Holmes points out, means Ettel might have known all along that the actions of the 8 year-old were not, in fact, illegal.

As we've seen time and time again, weaponizing the police against people of color for something that one personally does not like often results in death.

In the same conversation with HuffPost, Etell also added that she feels "discriminated against" after the incident.

"I completely regret that I handled that so poorly. It was completely stress-related, and I should have never confronted her. That was a mistake, a complete mistake," she continued. "Please don’t make me sound horrible."

As for the young girl, it turns out the entire reason she was selling water bottles was to save up money to go to Disneyland, according to her cousin on Twitter. Folks who saw the video ended up purchasing the tickets for her and family members, while others pledged that they would buy water bottles from her to then donate to homeless shelters in their communities.

She lied on National TV about pretending to call the police. The police later released the call.

Apparently, it is more of a crime to be a little black girl selling water w/o a permit to find a trip to Disneyland than to be an adult white woman selling illegal cannabis w/o a permit.

Crime? Selling water while being black w/o a permit.

Did she want the 8-yr-old girl to obtain a permit to sell water, or to obtain a permit to be black?

Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:43 am

gcomeau
Admiral

To add a little historical content...

(Read the entire thread)

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/stat ... 12992?s=19
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Police brutally beat black man for Jaywalking, just after he finished his shift as a dishwasher from Cracker Barrel restaurant. Poor guy was tired and just wanted to get home. Brutally beaten.

Crime? Jaywalking while black.

Post by Daryl   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Today's international media.

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the resignation of Police Chief Erika Shields as roughly 150 protesters marched outside the Wendy’s restaurant where 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks was fatally shot late Friday. The mayor also said she called for the immediate firing of the officer who opened fire at Brooks.

“I do not believe that this was a justified use of deadly force and have called for the immediate termination of the officer,” Bottoms said. She said it was Shields’ own decision to step aside as police chief and that she would remain with the city in an undetermined role. Interim Corrections Chief Rodney Bryant would serve as interim police chief until a permanent replacement is found.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which is investigating the shooting, said the deadly confrontation started with officers responding to a complaint that a man was sleeping in a car blocking the restaurant’s drive-through lane. The GBI said Brooks failed a sobriety test and then resisted officers’ attempts to arrest him.

The GBI released security camera video of the shooting Saturday. The footage shows a man running from two police officers as he raises a hand, which is holding some type of object, toward an officer a few steps behind him. The officer draws his gun and fires as the man keeps running, then falls to the ground in the carpark.
Post by ZVar   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:08 am

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

How about the main thing first. Stop calling them African-American!

Maybe 3 in total are from Africa. Call them what they are. Americans. They want to be identified as a separate population, but when they are treated differently it's racism?

Return to Politics