Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"We did not land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us."

ZVar wrote:How about the main thing first. Stop calling them African-American!

Maybe 3 in total are from Africa. Call them what they are. Americans. They want to be identified as a separate population, but when they are treated differently it's racism?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ZVar   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 am

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

cthia wrote:"We did not land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us."

Maybe 3 in total are from Africa. Call them what they are. Americans. They want to be identified as a separate population, but when they are treated differently it's racism?

So? If it happened in one's grandparents, grandparents lifetime it might matter. Simple fact is we have a specific group of Americans that will cry racist, but refuse to even identify as American. Maybe if they would try and pull themselves into the now instead of crying about something that ended 150 years ago they might, as a group, gain some traction to be treated like all other Americans.
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:27 am

Dilandu
Admiral

There was a good therm starting with "N"...

P.S. To be exact, "negr" (negro) in Russian did not have any negative meaning at all. "Chernyy" (black), on the other hands, did have mildly negative meaning.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:00 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I wish it was as simple as you seem to be suggesting, but unfortunately it's not. Every one of those incidents listed above is racist. Their skin color is something they wear like the Jews wore the Star of David during the haulocost years. And it gets them dead. In significant ways Jim Crow has never gone away.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:07 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:

There was a good therm starting with "N"...

P.S. To be exact, "negr" (negro) in Russian did not have any negative meaning at all. "Chernyy" (black), on the other hands, did have mildly negative meaning.

In New Testament Greek, the word is "niger". No negative connotation there either. The word is literally "black."

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:No negative connotation there either.

-

Ah, now I recall it - "connotation". Must admit, the word completely get out of my head; I knew that it was supposed to be, but just could not recall it.

Thanks!
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:06 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It may be simple, but it's also a pretty fundamental attitude change.

People are not usually good at those.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
n7axw wrote:No negative connotation there either.

-

Ah, now I recall it - "connotation". Must admit, the word completely get out of my head; I knew that it was supposed to be, but just could not recall it.

Thanks!

Don't feel too bad about it. Your English is far better than my Russian... :D

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Yeah, the main thing. Because clearly the root cause of racism is the specific ethnic group names we use to identify people. :roll:

Umm... yes. When you discriminate against a specific identified racial group that would indeed be racism. Kind of by definition.

So? If it happened in one's grandparents, grandparents lifetime it might matter. Simple fact is we have a specific group of Americans that will cry racist, but refuse to even identify as American.

What was the second word in that two word phrase you wanted people to stop using?

I'm pretty sure it looked a lot like "american".

Return to Politics