Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

Police Free Zones

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Police Free Zones
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... -extortion

Six block Police Free Zone in Seattle....

Just to put things into perspective:
Bill Barr wrote:With the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful and legitimate protests have been hijacked by violent radical elements. Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate, violent, and extremist agenda.'

Barr said that there is evidence that those extremists include Antifa and other groups of different political persuasions, as well as “foreign actors playing all sides to exacerbate the violence.”

FBI Director Christopher Wray elaborated on this, noting that "these individuals have set out to sow discord and upheaval."

This echoed what a senior Justice Department official told Fox News Wednesday about how the feds have seen signs of "very organized" coordination from "professional" agitators, some linked to Antifa.

And the "some linked to Antifa":
NPR wrote:NPR has reviewed court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest. As of Tuesday morning, none is alleged to have links to the antifa movement.

Of the cases brought so far, 20 involve allegations related to arson; 16 involve the illegal possession of a firearm, more often than not by a felon; another eight people face charges related to inciting a riot or civil disorder.

And this is what's happening in Minneapolis:
dfed wrote:I live 15-ish blocks to the west of where George Floyd died, I am blocks from the 5th precinct where there was a LOT of activity after the 3rd precinct fell.

I have chased asshats off my street trying to light trash cans, garages/fences or cars on fire and watched the instigators as this happened around me.

Antifa wasn't here as far as anyone could tell on my block, but everyone who doesn't live here sure keeps telling me they were. I did catch a bunch of cars that were driving around without license plates moving their rioting and arson activity around to avoid the national guard and cops out. The next morning the report from National Guard/Police in the press briefings was those were violence tourists attempting to start a full blown race war. Some from out of state, many from third-tier suburbs and the boonies. A lot of AR-15s confiscated from cops stopping those cars, and more than one of those trucks/cars without plates had QAnon stickers that I saw.

I guess antifa is a better boogey man than the more nuanced reality happening. Sure getting sick of assholes telling me what I literally witnessed though.

So it seems that the Police Free Zones isn't at the dystopian level of the Purge, although there seem to be people out there hellbent on stirring things up to make it worse instead of better.

I think people should perhaps reflect on WHY all this is happening and how to fix it. I've mentioned it earlier that the Police in the USA have some very serious problems in how they go about their jobs and some people thought I was dead wrong and I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, the last weeks events have proven me right.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Re: Police Free Zones
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Senior Chief wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... -extortion

Six block Police Free Zone in Seattle....

Just to put things into perspective:
Bill Barr wrote:With the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful and legitimate protests have been hijacked by violent radical elements. Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate, violent, and extremist agenda.'

Barr said that there is evidence that those extremists include Antifa and other groups of different political persuasions, as well as “foreign actors playing all sides to exacerbate the violence.”

FBI Director Christopher Wray elaborated on this, noting that "these individuals have set out to sow discord and upheaval."

This echoed what a senior Justice Department official told Fox News Wednesday about how the feds have seen signs of "very organized" coordination from "professional" agitators, some linked to Antifa.

And the "some linked to Antifa":
NPR wrote:NPR has reviewed court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest. As of Tuesday morning, none is alleged to have links to the antifa movement.

Of the cases brought so far, 20 involve allegations related to arson; 16 involve the illegal possession of a firearm, more often than not by a felon; another eight people face charges related to inciting a riot or civil disorder.

And this is what's happening in Minneapolis:
dfed wrote:I live 15-ish blocks to the west of where George Floyd died, I am blocks from the 5th precinct where there was a LOT of activity after the 3rd precinct fell.

I have chased asshats off my street trying to light trash cans, garages/fences or cars on fire and watched the instigators as this happened around me.

Antifa wasn't here as far as anyone could tell on my block, but everyone who doesn't live here sure keeps telling me they were. I did catch a bunch of cars that were driving around without license plates moving their rioting and arson activity around to avoid the national guard and cops out. The next morning the report from National Guard/Police in the press briefings was those were violence tourists attempting to start a full blown race war. Some from out of state, many from third-tier suburbs and the boonies. A lot of AR-15s confiscated from cops stopping those cars, and more than one of those trucks/cars without plates had QAnon stickers that I saw.

I guess antifa is a better boogey man than the more nuanced reality happening. Sure getting sick of assholes telling me what I literally witnessed though.

So it seems that the Police Free Zones isn't at the dystopian level of the Purge, although there seem to be people out there hellbent on stirring things up to make it worse instead of better.

I think people should perhaps reflect on WHY all this is happening and how to fix it. I've mentioned it earlier that the Police in the USA have some very serious problems in how they go about their jobs and some people thought I was dead wrong and I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, the last weeks events have proven me right.

There has always been trouble with those large city police departments, going back as far as I can remember which is well over 50 years. Usually it has had to do with racism, but also frequently corruption, cosy relationships with organised crime, etc. These past couple of weeks are only a paragraph in a very long story.

What does shock me a bit is how blatant it has become. On tonight's news there was a clip of a couple of officers wrestling to the ground and handcuffing a black teenager. His "crime?" Jay walking down a street with no sidewalks. Yes, that's right. Jaywalking. One would think that all the negative press these people have been getting would lead them to be a bit circumspect. But apparently not.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics