Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Iconic Bookstore Burned Down In Riots

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Iconic Bookstore Burned Down In Riots
Post by The E   » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:31 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here is an article on one of the software packages available:

https://www.electronicsforu.com/electro ... martphones
Here is an article on the Stingray cell tower emulator:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

Yep, you have no idea about what is and isn't possible with a software radio on a phone.

(Using a software radio: Possible. Performing a man-in-the-middle attack on another phone: Not.)

There have been no presentations that I am aware of of apps that would turn a smartphone into a stingray or equivalent device. This is the sort of thing that would make big waves at Black Hat or in Infosec circles in general; It's a technology that could be available to state-level actors.... which Antifa, as a nonexistant organization, isn't.

Given the avowed agenda of Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA to kill police, these officers should be alarmed by the behavior. We are probably in for a repeat of 2016, only worse. (You probably don't even understand the reference to 2016)

Ah, yes, the "avowed agenda" of leaderless movements that use common banners.

By the way, as a card-carrying Platinum-level Antifa member, I can tell you that our organization does not actually intend to kill random police people.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:42 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Tell me Fly, what is missing from your crazy arse theory?

Hint, it does involve both watching the video and reading the article that you linked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eyal   » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here is the video in slow motion:

https://youtu.be/9CubkyIzygQ

Here is an article on one of the software packages available:

https://www.electronicsforu.com/electro ... martphones

Here is an article on the Stingray cell tower emulator:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

Let's assume, for argument's sake, that your allegations on the technical feasibility of this are correct.

1) What is your evidence that Gugino was in fact doing that?
2) If the police believed he was doing that, why wasn't he arrested?
3) How, if he was trying to do that, does it justify use of force?

Given the avowed agenda of Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA to kill police, these officers should be alarmed by the behavior. We are probably in for a repeat of 2016, only worse. (You probably don't even understand the reference to 2016)

1) Evidence?
2) I thought you guys supported the use of arms to fight government oppression?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

In the meantime, in actual news instead of insane conspiracy theories based entirely on "that 75 year old man was holding a phone"... the hits keep coming:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/artic ... 343978.php

Suspected cop killer charged in fatal shooting of Oakland security guard, linked to right-wing extremist group

"Carrillo allegedly took advantage of the nearby protests over the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd and other people of color, which consumed much of law enforcement’s attention that night.

“There is no evidence, any mention to join protests,” official said. “They came to Oakland to kill cops.”

A patch and blood written on the van indicated Carrillo was a follower of the Boogaloo movement, a right-wing extremist group that has called for civil unrest and a second civil war, officials.

Federal authorities learned of the white supremacist extremist group’s efforts to incite followers to start the Boogaloo two days after George Floyd’s death, according to Politico, which reported on a Department of Homeland Security memo warning of “domestic terrorist actors” who could exploit Floyd’s death."
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Not entirely sure that if it news or conspiracy, but July 4th may see NYC burning as cops have a mass "Blue Flu".
Social Media messages are apparently calling for all NYC cops to go on strike (unofficial, they can't legally go on strike).
If this happens, the Social Justice Activism won't matter. Not when New York is risking its own version of The Purge.
Thank god I'm on the other side of the pond...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Not entirely sure that if it news or conspiracy, but July 4th may see NYC burning as cops have a mass "Blue Flu".
Social Media messages are apparently calling for all NYC cops to go on strike (unofficial, they can't legally go on strike).
If this happens, the Social Justice Activism won't matter. Not when New York is risking its own version of The Purge.
Thank god I'm on the other side of the pond...

There really is no better indictment of the police than that, is there? If they resist accountability and being criticised so much that they'd rather abandon their duty than try to establish trust and confidence, what good are they?
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:There really is no better indictment of the police than that, is there? If they resist accountability and being criticised so much that they'd rather abandon their duty than try to establish trust and confidence, what good are they?

I'm sure that we'll have an answer for that after seeing how things go without them...

Just remember, Trust is a two-way street and when there are calls for Paw Patrol to be cancelled/deleted because there is a Police Dog that shows the Police in a good light... it proves that the issues are not all on one side.

I'm not saying the Police are perfect. Far from it. But the social bargain is being attacked from both sides. The Police in America seem to need to be reformed, but so do the societies they are meant to protect.

On another level, there has been a declaration that Beethovan was actually Black (not entirely unexpected, Shakespeare's racial origin has been the subject of many conspiracy theories for several decades due to his name sounding like Shakes A Spear).
Given the re-painting of historical figures is growing and the fact that many traditional Africans see Albinos as nothing more than a source of ingredients for spells, how long before someone claims Hitler was an Albino Black Man seeking revenge against those who cut off one of his balls for use in a spell*?
When historical figures are randomly racially re-allocated, where does it stop?

*It is on record that Hitler was monotesticular. He truly did only have one ball, as stated in the WWII song. Whether the writers of the song actually knew this or it was a pure coincidence is sadly unknown but the original version had him having two that were very small.
~~~~~~

Post by The E   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:11 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Just remember, Trust is a two-way street and when there are calls for Paw Patrol to be cancelled/deleted because there is a Police Dog that shows the Police in a good light... it proves that the issues are not all on one side.

(The issue is that you're apparently not able to filter out the irrelevant stuff)

I'm not saying the Police are perfect. Far from it. But the social bargain is being attacked from both sides. The Police in America seem to need to be reformed, but so do the societies they are meant to protect.

Ah, yes, "both sides are bad". Yes, on the one hand, you have city administrations cancelling social services and community programs and shoving more money into the police, leading to police being overloaded and undertrained, coupled with a culture of "us against them" in the police force itself that resists calls to reform and violently rejects criticism.
On the other hand, you have communities that are subject of heavy policing due to prejudice and the aforementioned cancellation of social services that aren't police; communities that for some time now have tried to make others aware of the bad things happening to them that had their complaints ignored and that can't get the help they need.

There is one side attacking "the social bargain": It's the people who prefer silence over peace and justice.

On another level, there has been a declaration that Beethovan was actually Black (not entirely unexpected, Shakespeare's racial origin has been the subject of many conspiracy theories for several decades due to his name sounding like Shakes A Spear).

No such declaration was made. The debate over whether or not Beethoven had african roots somewhere has been going on for literally centuries with no conclusive end in sight.

Given the re-painting of historical figures is growing and the fact that many traditional Africans see Albinos as nothing more than a source of ingredients for spells, how long before someone claims Hitler was an Albino Black Man seeking revenge against those who cut off one of his balls for use in a spell*?
When historical figures are randomly racially re-allocated, where does it stop?

Friendly suggestion: Whatever "news source" you're reading that you get these things from? Stop reading it. It's not good for you.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:57 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:Friendly suggestion: Whatever "news source" you're reading that you get these things from? Stop reading it. It's not good for you.

Quite a bit is from the Times and the Guardian.
~~~~~~

Post by The E   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
The E wrote:Friendly suggestion: Whatever "news source" you're reading that you get these things from? Stop reading it. It's not good for you.

Quite a bit is from the Times and the Guardian.

Are the Times and the Grauniad running think pieces about how "If Beethoven can be black, how much longer until Hitler is?"

No. They are not. That's just you extrapolating something into absurdity, thereby making any point you were actually trying to make worthy only of ridicule.

Return to Politics