Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Oh, and Fly.

Trump's actions there ARE criminal.

DC § 22–3301, punishable by up to a year in jail.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:48 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:Oh, and Fly.

You are citing landlord tenancy law?

This does not apply to law enforcement.

I would agree that it would have been nice if Trump had actually contacted the church. However; given the obvious political leanings of the church, I am not surprised.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

It's wrong and you know it. It's trespassing and assault.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I would agree that it would have been nice if Trump had actually contacted the church. However; given the obvious political leanings of the church, I am not surprised.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

No.

I'm citing criminal law.
Landlord tenancy comes under Title 42.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:
Oh, and Fly.

-----------
No.

I'm citing criminal law.
Landlord tenancy comes under Title 42.[/quote]

Trump has lots of trouble with the law. Prior to his election he was able to paper it over with his money. Think Trump University fraud case. And he really, really doesn't like being held accountable. He is the "law and order president" until the law is applied to him...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump finally went so far over the line Mattis has broken his self imposed gag order.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/612640/

Some choice bits from the guy who was Trump's SecDef for 2 years...

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.

We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

I think we can put to bed any speculation of what Mattis's opinion of Trump was after observing him up close for 2 years.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:THAT is what Trump fucking did yesterday. Deployed riot police against peaceful law abiding citizens to get them out of the way of his propaganda photo shoot. Ran priests out of their own church so he could use it as a prop.

Okay, so much for the left-wing bullshit; now for the truth: an official statement from the United States Park Police.

United States Park Police wrote:During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

So the Park Police were working on fencing off the church that had been burned out by rioters. More rioters tried to stop them, hurling bricks and other deadly weapons. The Park Police found more weapons stashed throughout the area.

That, in addition to the pallets of bricks and caches of incendiaries that were oh-so-helpfully set out for the ‘protesters’ in multiple cities. Those riots are being staged by left-wing radicals. The Brownshirts are back! Materials for a car bomb were also found, only a few blocks from the White House. I’m sure you would have cheered the bombing of the White House, even louder than you’re cheering for the riots.

But wait, it gets better! CNN trotted out a geriatric retired Army officer (or so they claim; a voice on the phone could be anybody) who ‘suggested’ that Trump will use nuclear weapons to stop the riots. I’m sure some of their viewers believe every word. It’s not that much crazier than a lot of the other shit they see on CNN.

I could not make this shit up. Are they mixing the magic mushrooms with LSD these days?

How is rioting, looting, arson and murder supposed to improve ANYBODY’S lives? The white supremacists and bigots, those few marginalized misfits, can just lean back, pop a beer and say, “See? I done told y’all they wuz nothin’ but a bunch a’ animals!” and what can you say now to prove them wrong?
———————————
In this world there are people who build things up, and those that burn them down. I have zero regard for the second sort.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:THAT is what Trump fucking did yesterday. Deployed riot police against peaceful law abiding citizens to get them out of the way of his propaganda photo shoot. Ran priests out of their own church so he could use it as a prop.

Okay, so much for the left-wing bullshit; now for the truth: an official statement from the United States Park Police.

VS actual video and statements from *priests* on scene at the church.

Guess who's spreading bullshit?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:11 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Gee, I don't know, maybe the priests were removed for their own safety because there was a fucking RIOT going on outside, and the church had already been torched once?
———————————
You can't have the government take away the freedom of only the people you hate.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Gee, I don't know, maybe the priests were removed for their own safety because there was a fucking RIOT going on outside, and the church had already been torched once?
———————————
You can't have the government take away the freedom of only the people you hate.

Maybe you're just making shit up, because I already posted in this thread the account from the rector of that church who was on scene that calls bullshit on everything you just said? There was no riot. It was a peaceful assembly up until the riot police started dispersing a legal protest with force.

Return to Politics