Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

How is rioting, looting, arson and murder supposed to improve ANYBODY’S lives? The white supremacists and bigots, those few marginalized misfits, can just lean back, pop a beer and say, “See? I done told y’all they wuz nothin’ but a bunch a’ animals!” and what can you say now to prove them wrong

You mean those who have been caught starting some of those riots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I know, I know, they're just 'peaceful assemblies' and then the police interfere. It's all peaceful looting, peaceful arson, peaceful assaults and peaceful murders up to then.
———————————
I used to live on a farm. I know what bullshit smells like.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:
How is rioting, looting, arson and murder supposed to improve ANYBODY’S lives? The white supremacists and bigots, those few marginalized misfits, can just lean back, pop a beer and say, “See? I done told y’all they wuz nothin’ but a bunch a’ animals!” and what can you say now to prove them wrong

You mean those who have been caught starting some of those riots.

It's not like the "portray the black civil rights protesters as violent criminals to discredit them" thing is new in the US... I mean read up on COINTELPRO and what they did to Fred Hampton and the Black Panthers for a prime example.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Except that the instigators caught on video are known Antifa fucks. (Antifucks?) It's one of the Left's oldest dodges — blame their atrocities on their enemies. Hitler didn't invent it, he just popularized it.
———————————
The Democrats are willing to burn America to the ground, so long as they wind up squatting on top of the ashes.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:18 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Gee, I don't know, maybe the priests were removed for their own safety because there was a fucking RIOT going on outside, and the church had already been torched once?
———————————
You can't have the government take away the freedom of only the people you hate.

Actually, there was no riot. It would have been more like a picnic. The priests were out mingling with the crowd passing out bottles of water. The best thing that could be said for their dispersal was that it was clumsy.

There is a question that anyone even had the right to disperse them. They had the constitutional right to assemble in th He public square seeking redress for their grievances as long as the protests stayed peaceful. And so far as I can tell that is exactly what they were doing.

As for the rioting, yeah when that happens, it needs to be dealt with. People who injure or kill others, wantonly destroy property and loot need to be arrested and tried in a court of law.

But the thing is, about 90+ percent of the protesters were peaceful. The other 10 percent were people sent in from the outside along with less savory elements from the locals. These people mingle with 90 percent trying to agitate things into a full riot. Or they slip to the outside of a crowd and commit some act of destruction and then melt back into the crowd before they can be caught.

As far as I can tell, there were White Supremists present in Minneapolis. Antifa from the left may have been present as well, but that has not been documented to the point where it can be assumed.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Trump finally went so far over the line Mattis has broken his self imposed gag order.

(And like clockwork, Trump is now bashing Mattis as "the world's most overrated General" on Twitter in the world's most predictable juvenile tantrum.) :roll:
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:11 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump finally went so far over the line Mattis has broken his self imposed gag order.

(And like clockwork, Trump is now bashing Mattis as "the world's most overrated General" on Twitter in the world's most predictable juvenile tantrum.) :roll:

I read that statement and was impressed. We know that Trumps order to clear Lafayette Square was unconstitutional. But was it also illegal? I have come to understand that there is a distinction to be made between the two....

IIRC, soldiers are duty bound to reject illegal orders.

Yes, Trump is very predictable. In fact I suspect that both of us could write Trumps tweets for him...well before they actually come out.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:17 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's a bit tricky.

Since it appears that the reason for the clearance was for the photo op, yes it was tresspass with force.

But, the soldiers had no way to know that that was the intent so had no way for the soldiers to know the orders were illegal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

It does appear that the particular protest in question was peaceful (like most), even having the support of the local church.
Now most of the protests overall have been peaceful, but too many have been infiltrated by violent minorities. Several groups stand out, Antifa (left wing nutters), Boogaloo Boys (right wing nutters), anarchists (just hate all authority), white supremacists (losers who blame other people for them being losers), and plain bad guys who want to loot and rob.
I do have to point out though that Trump has been spectacularly inept in this. Anyone who defends his role here is either an idiot or has an agenda.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:34 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:It does appear that the particular protest in question was peaceful (like most), even having the support of the local church.
Now most of the protests overall have been peaceful, but too many have been infiltrated by violent minorities. Several groups stand out, Antifa (left wing nutters), Boogaloo Boys (right wing nutters), anarchists (just hate all authority), white supremacists (losers who blame other people for them being losers), and plain bad guys who want to loot and rob.
I do have to point out though that Trump has been spectacularly inept in this. Anyone who defends his role here is either an idiot or has an agenda.

Yeah, it was peaceful until the police moved in with their rubber bullets and tear gas... And then upset protesters started throwing the water bottles they got from the the priests at the police... oooh some riot...

Inept? Yes. In fact if it wasn't so darn serious, it would be entertaining, we could probably sell popcorn to the crowds watching the show until everybody got bored and went home. For Trump inept is normal.

Don

-

Return to Politics