Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump openly inciting violence against Democrats.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And now Trump just started yelling about 2nd amendment rights while talking about the protests.

I invite anyone to tell me any reason for doing that except to give a wink and a nudge signal to people to go shoot protestors and incite the next stage of escalation of everything. It's like the only move he knows is "incite additional chaos".

(Oh, also he yelled at governors today not to be weak in dealing with the protestors... after literally hiding in a bunker with the White House lights turned off last night.)

One of those 2ndA rights groups were talking about defending the population from the police a few days ago.

I'm starting to think that Trump is trying to start some serious shit so he can declare martial law and delay the elections a year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:09 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Fly, I checked out your Wikipedia link on that Mayor. Nothing there indicated far left to me. Seemed like a compassionate person whom I would likely vote for.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:33 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Fly, I checked out your Wikipedia link on that Mayor. Nothing there indicated far left to me. Seemed like a compassionate person whom I would likely vote for.

Looks a bit like they'd mesh well with the Australian Labor Party. So by Fly's standards, radical lefties.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by The E   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:24 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Someone has been hacking the links in my posts again.

Of course, it's impossible for the great TFLY to make a trivial mistake like copying the wrong link, it must be hackers.....
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:04 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Was it just me or was he holding the bible upsidedown?

That's basic PR shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by The E   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 am

The E
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Was it just me or was he holding the bible upsidedown?

That's basic PR shit.

It's not you, it's him....

Also: To have that little photo op, Police had to clear out the place with tear gas.... a place where people were having a peaceful assembly.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:03 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

That's basic PR shit.

Holding the Bible upside down was the first thing my wife noticed when she saw the clip. I'm surprised he didn't go in and grab a crucifix off the altar and hold that upside down for his photo op. The presumpteousness of the man is beyond belief.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:

That's basic PR shit.

It's not you, it's him....

Also: To have that little photo op, Police had to clear out the place with tear gas.... a place where people were having a peaceful assembly.

Yep. Tear gassed the mob that had gathered to celebrate a church burning. Also demonstrated that police can control these mobs if they are allowed to. Maybe a little pay back for the 50+ Secret Service agents that were injured protecting the White House?

How many of you folks bother to make certain that you are holding a closed book right side up? I have seen enough pastors hold their Bibles upside down to know that it isn't considered sacrilege.

There is considerable precedent for liberal mayors and Governors allowing protestors to have "room to rage.". Baltimore Maryland and Ferguson Missouri are FUBARed as a result. There is reasonable suspicion that liberal mayors and Governors are enabling the rioting to discredit President Trump so that Creepy Joe Biden can get elected. Trump just sent a message to his supporters that the US DoJ will back them up if they defend themselves.

As an interesting aside, I just discovered that my marijunna bootlegging tenant's scum sucking whore of an attorney lives very close to the riot zone in Portland. Even more interesting, he is married to a Columbia County Deputy District Attorney! I bet that she is a scum sucking whore of an attorney, just like her husband. Hopefully; the rioters will burn their upside down house.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLY,

The issue isn't that Trump had the Bible upsidedown, although it did look inept as a photo op. He was standing there with that Bible looking like he didn't have a clue.

My own issue is that he presumed to use a Bible that way to start with. Then he used that church without any sanction from the parish or the diocese. And if what I heard was reported correctly, they cleared the priests out of their own building for the occasion.

I'm devout myself. But I don't believe in mixing religion and politics. Read my signature line. All of this offends me. Trump basicly profaned both the Bible and that church.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:24 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Yep. Tear gassed the mob that had gathered to celebrate a church burning.

Just .Stop. Fucking. Lying.

This is from therector at St John's... who was also tear gassed and driven off so Trump could take his picture.

https://www.facebook.com/gini.gerbasi/p ... 5422089624

Friends, I am ok, but I am, frankly shaken. I was at St. John's, Lafayette Square most of the afternoon, with fellow clergy and laypeople - and clergy from some other denominations too. We were passing out water and snacks, and helping the patio area at St. John's, Lafayette square to be a place of respite and peace. All was well - with a few little tense moments - until about 6:15 or so. By then, I had connected with the Black Lives Matter medic team, which was headed by an EMT. Those people were AMAZING. They had been on the patio all day, and thankfully had not had to use much of the eyewash they had made. Around 6:15 or 6:30, the police started really pushing protestors off of H Street (the street between the church and Lafayette Park, and ultimately, the White House. They started using tear gas and folks were running at us for eyewashes or water or wet paper towels. At this point, Julia, one of our seminarians for next year (who is a trauma nurse) and I looked at each other in disbelief. I was coughing, her eyes were watering, and we were trying to help people as the police - in full riot gear - drove people toward us. Julia and her classmates left and I stayed with the BLM folks trying to help people. Suddenly, around 6:30, there was more tear gas, more concussion grenades, and I think I saw someone hit by a rubber bullet - he was grasping his stomach and there was a mark on his shirt. The police in their riot gear were literally walking onto the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with these metal shields, pushing people off the patio and driving them back. People were running at us as the police advanced toward us from the other side of the patio. We had to try to pick up what we could. The BLM medic folks were obviously well practiced. They picked up boxes and ran. I was so stunned I only got a few water bottles and my spray bottle of eyewash. We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear. We were pushed back 20 feet, and then eventually - with SO MANY concussion grenades - back to K street. By the time I got back to my car, around 7, I was getting texts from people saying that Trump was outside of St. John's, Lafayette Square. I literally COULD NOT believe it. WE WERE DRIVEN OFF OF THE PATIO AT ST. JOHN'S - a place of peace and respite and medical care throughout the day - SO THAT MAN COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT HE COULD POSE IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH WITH A BIBLE! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!

I am deeply shaken. I did not see any protestors throw anything until the tear gas and concussion grenades started, and then it was mostly water bottles. I am shaken, not so much by the taste of tear gas and the bit of a cough I still have, but by the fact that that show of force was for a PHOTO OPPORTUNITY. The patio of St. John's, Lafayette square had been HOLY GROUND today. A place of respite and laughter and water and granola bars and fruit snacks. But that man turned it into a BATTLE GROUND first, and a cheap political stunt second. I am DEEPLY OFFENDED on behalf of every protestor, every Christian, the people of St. John's, Lafayette square, every decent person there, and the BLM medics who stayed with just a single box of supplies and a backpack, even when I got too scared and had to leave. I am ok. But I am now a force to be reckoned with.

THAT is what Trump fucking did yesterday. Deployed riot police against peaceful law abiding citizens to get them out of the way of his propaganda photo shoot. Ran priests out of their own church so he could use it as a prop.

Return to Politics