Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Coronavirus scenarios?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Coronavirus scenarios?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue May 19, 2020 8:35 pm

TFLYTSNBN

What if the Coronavirus was released from the laboratory, either accidentally or intentionally? What is the proper response?

Assuming that the release was accidental, it is gross criminal negligence. What should the global response to the negligence that has killed a quarter million people be?
Re: Coronavirus scenarios?
Post by Daryl   » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

OK, step by step.
First prove it did come from a laboratory. Either man made, or enhanced by breeding in tissue.
Then prove it was from which country? For the sake of the discussion assume it was China.
If from China, then engage in initial discussion about compensation.
When that fails, go first to the WHO, then the UN, then the international courts. Get a binding ruling on compensation.
China tells us to go and fornicate elsewhere.
Three options left. Walk away and accept the situation. Impose tariffs (which hurt both sides). Or military action (which would hurt everyone).

Bear in mind that in Chinese society the term "barbarian" is synonymous with "foreigner". Particularly western foreigner. Plus unlike us they have no cultural or legal impediment to acting out racist and discriminatory acts.
So deep down they have no moral imperative to be fair to inferiors.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:What if the Coronavirus was released from the laboratory, either accidentally or intentionally? What is the proper response?

Assuming that the release was accidental, it is gross criminal negligence. What should the global response to the negligence that has killed a quarter million people be?
Post by n7axw   » Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Most of the people working with the situation closely are still convinced that it came from the wet market rather than the lab.

But assuming that TFLY's scenario is correct, I am not sure what the best response should be. Embargoing the Chinese would undoubtedly be expensive for everyone. Limited military action would carry a high risk of spiralling out of control. The situation in the South China Sea is already high risk with Japan and Australia on the front lines.

Maybe the best we can hope for is shaming China in the court of world opinion. I am not sure that even that much can be accomplished. So... I simply don't know.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Most of the people working with the situation closely are still convinced that it came from the wet market rather than the lab.

But assuming that TFLY's scenario is correct, I am not sure what the best response should be. Embargoing the Chinese would undoubtedly be expensive for everyone. Limited military action would carry a high risk of spiralling out of control. The situation in the South China Sea is already high risk with Japan and Australia on the front lines.

Maybe the best we can hope for is shaming China in the court of world opinion. I am not sure that even that much can be accomplished. So... I simply don't know.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:22 am

TFLYTSNBN

Return to Politics