Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Obamagate

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Obamagate
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun May 17, 2020 5:45 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I don't want to parse the quote structure.

We conservatives are absolutely credible in our assertion that the Obama administration was conducting covert operations against not just Candidate Trump but POTUS elect Trump and POTUS Trump. The Lisa Paige, Peter Strozak memos confirm this. Alexander Vindman's own testimony confirmed that his "whistle blowing" was motivated by a disagreement with President Trump's policy decisions more than any belief that President Trump was committing a crime.

Margaret Thatcher was the best Prime Minister that Great Britain had since Churchill. The fact that she was a fan of a television show that ridiculed her demonstrated that she had a sense of humor.
Post by Annachie   » Sun May 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I finally worked out the great crime behind Obamagate.

It's that Ibama didn't run for an (illegal) third term causing Trump to win the Presidency.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sun May 17, 2020 10:26 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I don't want to parse the quote structure.

We conservatives are absolutely credible in our assertion that the Obama administration was conducting covert operations against not just Candidate Trump but POTUS elect Trump and POTUS Trump. The Lisa Paige, Peter Strozak memos confirm this.

No, they do not. In any way.

Alexander Vindman's own testimony confirmed that his "whistle blowing" was motivated by a disagreement with President Trump's policy decisions more than any belief that President Trump was committing a crime.

You have already been linked to his testimony showing that claim is false, yet you keep making it.

Not that anyone here is likely to be surprised by that.
Post by Joat42   » Sun May 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I don't want to parse the quote structure.

We conservatives are absolutely credible in our assertion that the Obama administration was conducting covert operations against not just Candidate Trump but POTUS elect Trump and POTUS Trump. The Lisa Paige, Peter Strozak memos confirm this. Alexander Vindman's own testimony confirmed that his "whistle blowing" was motivated by a disagreement with President Trump's policy decisions more than any belief that President Trump was committing a crime.

No, you aren't credible to anyone except yourselves in most cases which makes the statement "We conservatives are absolutely credible in our assertion" infantile.

And as have been pointed out many times, the narrative above is not what happened. I guess it's comforting to cling to lies and falsehoods that resonate with your beliefs.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Strozak and Paige were an interesting pair. Apparently they were good friends, perhaps even lovers. They had been complaining to each other, apparently about their ditzy political superiors, for several administrations both Republican and Democrat. It seems like it was more about letting off steam, "getting it off their chest," so to speak. They weren't really disaffected so much as managing their stress levels. Their real crime? Doing it in cyberspace. Should they have been doing it at all? Probably not. But the basis of some elaborate conspiracy? Naah...

As for Vindmans testimony, someone heard a different version than I did... and I was listening to it in real time.

Right wing conspiracy mongering sometimes reminds me of assembling the pieces of a puzzle....maybe not all pieces of the same puzzle. When they don't fit?? No problem. Just get a hammer and mash them together. Get an interesting picture that way. :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 am

TFLYTSNBN

Here is more confirmation that the Obama administration was weaponizing government agencies to conduct covert operations against Nominee Trump, POTUS elect Trump, and President Trump and his associates.

https://theohiostar.com/2020/05/18/excl ... tleblower/

Of course the folks on this forum don't give a damn that it was unconstitutional, unconscionable and illegal. Orange man bad!
Post by n7axw   » Tue May 19, 2020 3:15 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here is more confirmation that the Obama administration was weaponizing government agencies to conduct covert operations against Nominee Trump, POTUS elect Trump, and President Trump and his associates.

Of course the folks on this forum don't give a damn that it was unconstitutional, unconscionable and illegal. Orange man bad!

Well, I give a damm... I want things done according to the law.

But for this to be creditable, the allegations would have to be more specific and include names and dates. It would also have to be handed over for crossreferencing by the appropriate authorities. The thing that makes this smell a bit like a hit job is that It's referencing events that are supposed to have happened years ago when the Trump era justice department could have brought it forward a long time ago. As it is, mostly what we have are unproven allegations.

But that being said, if someone was acting outside of the law, there should be accountability.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 19, 2020 7:39 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here is more confirmation that the Obama administration was weaponizing government agencies to conduct covert operations against Nominee Trump, POTUS elect Trump, and President Trump and his associates.

Sigh...

1. That says Treasury was looking at Flynn in 2015.

Flynn joined the Trump campaign in 2016, he was not a Trump associate in 2015. So arguing the Obama people were engaged in some plot to use Treasury in a nefarious way to go after Trump people based on this is.... what's the words I'm looking for... oh that's right, "fucking stupid".

You know what Flynn WAS doing in 2015 though? Getting paid by the Russians. Guess why Treasury might be (NOT illegally, NOT unconstitutionally, NOT unconscionably) looking at a General who started taking paychecks from the Russians.

Go ahead, give it a good hard long think. Maybe it'll come to you.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... estigation

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-fl ... sia-2017-3

2. The other person it says they were looking at was Manafort. You know, the guy who made a career out of propping up shady dictators and is currently serving his sentence for things like
bank fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States. Crimes which he was definitely 100% guilty of, zero doubt exists on that. Now give a good hard think to why Treasury might have been taking a good look at him.

This isn't a deep dark conspiracy, this is just an agency doing it's damn job. Geez.

Here's the bottom line. People around Trump keep being the subject of various law enforcement activities because Trump HIRES LOTS OF CRIMINALS. The end.

Return to Politics