Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Flu & Covid19

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Flu & Covid19
Post by The E   » Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 am

The E
Admiral

n7axw wrote:TFLY, you can often seem to be a well rounded individual with impressive credentials. But when you go into conspiracy mode, my, my...

TFLY is never not in "conspiracy mode", and about as well-rounded as a brick.

It is really more likely that the CDC was trying to get through to Trump and were being ignored than they were trying to misinform him.

It's not just "more likely", it is actual fact.

Trump should be encouraged to accept personal responsibility for the way he carries out his duties rather than hunting for scapegoats and boogeyman.

"Personal accountability" is not a thing amongst modern conservative types like Trump.
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 11, 2020 8:29 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:
n7axw wrote:TFLY, you can often seem to be a well rounded individual with impressive credentials. But when you go into conspiracy mode, my, my...

TFLY is never not in "conspiracy mode", and about as well-rounded as a brick.

It is really more likely that the CDC was trying to get through to Trump and were being ignored than they were trying to misinform him.

It's not just "more likely", it is actual fact.

Trump should be encouraged to accept personal responsibility for the way he carries out his duties rather than hunting for scapegoats and boogeyman.

"Personal accountability" is not a thing amongst modern conservative types like Trump.

Humm... For this ailment I recommend a generous dose of tums and a few hours rest :lol: :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon May 11, 2020 10:59 am

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:If bureaucrats do the wrong thing for whatever reason they should be dealt with appropriately. From discipline, to sackings and in the worst cases jail. Your comment said they should be executed for treason to Trump. In that case may as well adopt China or NK's system.

IF these bureaucrats have INTENTIONALLY provided false information to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES for the purposes of discrediting him, and IF this false information resulted in the President making suboptimal decisions that in turn have caused the epidemic to kill more Americans, then these bureaucrats are guilty of treason against America, not President Trump. I would have exactly the same opinion if Federal Bureaucrats had intentionally provided false information to President Obama that resulted in the Swine Flu getting out of control and killing almost as many Americans as Covidvirus.

The loyalty of Federal Bureaucrats should be to the Constitution and the American people. This loyalty should be unwavering even if the President is a Democrat or a Republican. To many have forgotten this.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You have an amazing ability to read and then pontificate without ever comprehending.

Presuming that the number of Covidvirus fatalities is a out 300,000, how does that compare to the more than 50 million people who die every year? The number of deaths from Coronavirus is trivial.

FFS, it's 300,000 *additional* deaths. On top of the others. In a short concentrated time span that threatened to overwhelm medical capacity. That is the problem.

And one more time, that is WITH the entire fucking planet on lockdown to depress those numbers. Your argument here is like saying a nuke was "trivial" because it only resulted in a few people getting broken arms and scrapes and bruises... when all the people in question were in a steel lined underground bunker when it went off and just ignoring the bunker part and declaring nukes "aren't so bad".

If everyone weren't in lockdown all over the world the last few months (viral equivalent of being in the bunker) they would be piling up bodies in the streets.

You make a number of assertions without citing evidence that we are massively undercounting Coronavirus deaths but apparently not Coronavirus infections.

What part of the word "also" do you think means "only", he who accuses me of reading but not comprehending?

I said they are ALSO undercounting deaths. And we know that from the excess death data that is not near accounted for by the official Covid 19 fatalities. Because, one more time, we haven't had enough testing to IDENTIFY all the Covid 19 fatalities.

I strongly suspect that we are undercounting both. If we are reasonably accurate in counting deaths but are massively undercounting cases, then the disease is far less lethal.

It's still killing the same number of people. And one of the things that makes it so damn dangerous is how many people can have it and go undetected (thus causing the degree of undercounts) but still spread it to people it will kill. You are citing one of the most dangerous aspects of the virus and declaring it makes it less serious just because you can use it to drive one percentage number down and direct all your focus at that one value.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon May 11, 2020 11:18 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Daryl wrote:If bureaucrats do the wrong thing for whatever reason they should be dealt with appropriately. From discipline, to sackings and in the worst cases jail. Your comment said they should be executed for treason to Trump. In that case may as well adopt China or NK's system.

IF these bureaucrats have INTENTIONALLY provided false information to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES for the purposes of discrediting him, and IF this false information resulted in the President making suboptimal decisions that in turn have caused the epidemic to kill more Americans, then these bureaucrats are guilty of treason against America, not President Trump.

We've already been over this TFLY.

WHO and CDC were sounding the alarm while Trump was ignoring them and downplaying the threat. Constantly directly contradicting them in his public statements.

That isn't on the experts Trump ALWAYS refuses to listen to because he ALWAYS thinks he knows better on every damn subject in existence. That's on the ignoramus reality TV star a bunch of idiots made president of the United States.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon May 11, 2020 1:59 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:

IF these bureaucrats have INTENTIONALLY provided false information to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES for the purposes of discrediting him, and IF this false information resulted in the President making suboptimal decisions that in turn have caused the epidemic to kill more Americans, then these bureaucrats are guilty of treason against America, not President Trump.

We've already been over this TFLY.

WHO and CDC were sounding the alarm while Trump was ignoring them and downplaying the threat. Constantly directly contradicting them in his public statements.

That isn't on the experts Trump ALWAYS refuses to listen to because he ALWAYS thinks he knows better on every damn subject in existence. That's on the ignoramus reality TV star a bunch of idiots made president of the United States.[/quote]

There you go, spewing Bovine Scatology, again.

As late as mid-January, Dr Fauci himself was publicly asserting that the Wuhan virus was no big deal. There was an extreme difference of expert opinions through February. The opinions of politicians were almost unanimously opposed to taking action. Have you forgotten how Creepy Joe Biden and Nancy Pelossi were castigating President Trump for racism because he imposed a travel ban on China? Have you forgotten how outraged they were when President Trump imposed a travel ban on Europe? The worst strain of the Coronavirus in America originated from diseased Eurotrash. Have you forgotten how President Trump questioned the insanity when the "experts" decided it was safe to repatriate Americans who were known to be infected on the same flight as known infected and seriously ill? Have you forgotten how the experts ridiculed President Trump for not wanting to allow a cruise ship full of infected people into the country?

While some people were taking notice of the Wuhan virus, the WHO was submitting to Chinese demands to not send independent experts to evaluate the situation. The CDC did not publicly protest being excluded from China. The CDC also FUBARed assembling a test kit for weeks rather than admit that it needed to be outsourced.

Go take a look at the first few pages of THE LAST CENTURION thread. All of you folks were ridiculing me for even introducing the Wuhan Virus as a topic of conversation. Do you remember the date of my first post?

And now for a blast from the past:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/n ... n/2240247/
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 11, 2020 4:03 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I don't believe that anyone fed Trump false data.

But I do think that one could call the CDC into question about its sense of urgency in early days. Just reading through their posts on the HAN network, their level of priority on January 17 was "health update" which is fairly low priority. But reading through the update, they didn't seem to know much at that time and there was no activity locally so perhaps a "hair on fire" alert wasn't called for at that time.

But then the alerts that followed get the same priority even after it has become apparent that the fox is in the chicken coop. In fact, you don't get an upgraded priority until March 28 when you get a "health advisory" which was the don't drink clorax warning. That is high priority, one down from the top. I find myself wondering what it would take to get a "yikes, the house on fire" warning out of the CDC.

But then I wonder further how much politics influence this. The Trump administration doesn't like experts, especially if they contradict him. Was someone sitting on the CDC? If so, what would those HAN alerts looked like if they had been completely free to speak their minds. I don't know.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:We've already been over this TFLY.

That isn't on the experts Trump ALWAYS refuses to listen to because he ALWAYS thinks he knows better on every damn subject in existence. That's on the ignoramus reality TV star a bunch of idiots made president of the United States.

There you go, spewing Bovine Scatology, again.

As late as mid-January, Dr Fauci himself was publicly asserting that the Wuhan virus was no big deal.

In mid January it still wasn't. Nobody had characterized it's infectiousness or lethality yet, it was almost entirely contained in one province of China, and the total case numbers were below 200 with deaths in single digits. Globally.

So it was a "hey, we should figure out what this is" situation at that time, not an "omg we're all going to die" situation.

The point is as the data came in and that changed and the experts started issuing warnings that this was serious, Trump just kept undercutting them.

For weeks.

There was an extreme difference of expert opinions through February. The opinions of politicians were almost unanimously opposed to taking action. Have you forgotten how Creepy Joe Biden and Nancy Pelossi were castigating President Trump for racism because he imposed a travel ban on China?

I often forget things that never happened. Pelosi criticized Trump expanding his Muslim travel ban, not the travel ban on China.

And Biden said, and I quote “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.”

That is saying we have a serious problem and Trump is a terrible person to deal with it. Both entirely accurate statements. It says nothing about the travel ban.

Have you forgotten how outraged they were when President Trump imposed a travel ban on Europe?

The virus was already all over the US by the time he did that. It was pointless.

Have you forgotten how President Trump questioned the insanity when the "experts" decided it was safe to repatriate Americans who were known to be infected on the same flight as known infected and seriously ill?

It was his administration that did that! OVER the objection of the freaking experts! He only reacted like that AFTER the public blew up about it.

Everything is just upside down and backwards in your world isn't it?

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus ... dvice.html

"On Feb. 16, the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) evacuated 328 American passengers from Japan, where the Diamond Princess was docked, to the United States. As the passengers awaited their flight out of Haneda Airport in Tokyo, HHS officials found that 14 of them had just tested positive for COVID-19.

None of the infected passengers were showing symptoms of the virus, triggering a debate between the State Department and the CDC. The State Department and a Trump administration health official wanted to send the passengers home on the chartered flight out of Japan anyway, the Post reported. CDC officials, however, warned against evacuating the infected, due to concerns over re-exposing healthy passengers to the virus. When State Department and administration officials decided to go through with the evacuation, the CDC's principal deputy director, Anne Schuchat, requested not to be included in the news release announcing the decision.

"CDC did weigh in on this and explicitly recommended against it," Schuchat wrote in an email to the State Department, a HHS official told the Post. "We should not be mentioned as having been consulted as it begs the question of what was our advice."

Have you forgotten how the experts ridiculed President Trump for not wanting to allow a cruise ship full of infected people into the country?

Because that part was stupid. They have to be allowed off the freaking ship, it was full of Americans that can't go anywhere else, and taking them off in a *controlled* manner and properly quarantining them isn't a risk to the rest of the country. Trump wasn't opposing letting them off the ship because of some calculated medical opinion, he opposed letting them off because he thought once they were in the US the infected would count as cases in the US and "his numbers" would look worse. He wasn't arguing against a health risk, he was arguing against the PR.

It was entirely right to ridicule him for that.

While some people were taking notice of the Wuhan virus, the WHO was submitting to Chinese demands to not send independent experts to evaluate the situation.

BECAUSE THEY HAD NO CHOICE. The WHO doesn't have the authority to dictate terms to sovereign governments in their own territory.

The CDC did not publicly protest being excluded from China.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/health/w ... index.html

Oh yes they did.

And the very next day, here was Trump praising the Chinese for their transparency, thus cutting the legs out from under the CDC complaint.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 23009?s=20

The CDC also FUBARed assembling a test kit for weeks rather than admit that it needed to be outsourced.

You say this like you think "weeks" is a long period of time for developing and qualifying tests like this. It isn't.

Go take a look at the first few pages of THE LAST CENTURION thread. All of you folks were ridiculing me for even introducing the Wuhan Virus as a topic of conversation.

Ok I looked.

No we were not.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon May 11, 2020 5:43 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:I don't believe that anyone fed Trump false data.

But I do think that one could call the CDC into question about its sense of urgency in early days. Just reading through their posts on the HAN network, their level of priority on January 17 was "health update" which is fairly low priority. But reading through the update, they didn't seem to know much at that time and there was no activity locally so perhaps a "hair on fire" alert wasn't called for at that time.

But then the alerts that followed get the same priority even after it has become apparent that the fox is in the chicken coop. In fact, you don't get an upgraded priority until March 28 when you get a "health advisory" which was the don't drink clorax warning. That is high priority, one down from the top. I find myself wondering what it would take to get a "yikes, the house on fire" warning out of the CDC.

But then I wonder further how much politics influence this. The Trump administration doesn't like experts, especially if they contradict him. Was someone sitting on the CDC? If so, what would those HAN alerts looked like if they had been completely free to speak their minds. I don't know.

Don

-

I actually believe that this is a well reasoned statement.

There is no doubt that the Chinese were attempting to convince the world that the Coronavirus was no big deal. There is no doubt that there was extreme disagreement within the CDC about how bad the disease is. Dr Birx recently stated that she doesn't trust anything from the CDC.

Now imagine that you are President Trump during the impeachment and aftermath, evaluating conflicting reports from the same herd of bureaucrats who were conspiring to impeach you? Do you trust Chinese officials such as Chairman Xii or do I you trust the bus? Do you take actions that will devastate the economy or do you await more evidence? Trump took the most effective step early on with the China travel ban. He caught nothing but shit for that.

Once again, Gcomeao needs to return to his home planet. If he had actually extracted his cranium from his rectum (or the anatomical analogs) and watched the video, he would know that Pelossi was castigating Trump for excluding people from China, not Muslims.

Perhaps people from his home planet don't have brains?

The video reveals that Pelossi is a Neanderthal. Her nipples as well as her knuckles are dragging on the ground when she walks.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon May 11, 2020 6:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Now imagine that you are President Trump during the impeachment and aftermath, evaluating conflicting reports from the same herd of bureaucrats who were conspiring to impeach you?

Who exactly in the health expert community was trying to impeach him? Name the CDC or WHO official he couldn't trust "because impeachment".

:roll:

Once again, Gcomeao needs to return to his home planet. If he had actually extracted his cranium from his rectum (or the anatomical analogs) and watched the video, he would know that Pelossi was castigating Trump for excluding people from China, not Muslims.

Hey moron? That doesn't say anything about her talking about the China travel ban either.

Return to Politics