Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Flu & Covid19

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Flu & Covid19
Post by noblehunter   » Sat May 23, 2020 1:18 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

n7axw wrote:All I really know is that after surgery, they replace the lens with new ones. With the old style they are fixed for a standard setting and people usually need glasses afterward to correct their vision. The ones I got are supposed to be a bit more like trifocals adjusted for near, immediate and distant. The way it worked out I am 20/20 with both eyes together. The right eye helps out the left a bit for intermediate and near. They offered laser surgery to correct the right eye a bit for distance. But the doc said that if we did that, I would lose some with the near and intermediate. He said that in my position, he wouldn't do it. So that was where we left it.

Don

-

Nice. I hope the rest of the trial went as well. It'd be nice if they were readily available by the time I might need to replace mine.
Post by Joat42   » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Joat42
Admiral

And here we have it:
bbc.com wrote:The Lancet study involved 96,000 coronavirus patients, nearly 15,000 of whom were given hydroxychloroquine - or a related form chloroquine - either alone or with an antibiotic.

The study found that the patients were more likely to die in hospital and develop heart rhythm complications than other Covid patients in a comparison group.

The death rates of the treated groups were: hydroxychloroquine 18%; chloroquine 16.4%; control group 9%. Those treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine in combination with antibiotics had an even higher death rate.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52779309

I wonder if this is why Trump suddenly shut up about hydroxychloroquine and stopped taking the drug himself earlier.

Can we now agree on that taking a drug for something is wasn't intended without a clinical study proving it really helps is a bad idea?!

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Daryl   » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

If the Trump family all got covid, who would be saved?

The world.
Post by n7axw   » Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:If the Trump family all got covid, who would be saved?

The world.

Unfortunately, no. Trump is only the symptom, not the disease...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Sun May 24, 2020 12:29 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The world.

Well, I wouldn't wish it on Baron.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by edgeworthy   » Sun May 24, 2020 8:10 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Annachie wrote:

The world.

Well, I wouldn't wish it on Baron.

And to be honest Tiffany seems to be keeping her distance.
Post by Daryl   » Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I must clarify that it was a casual joke, and I never wished any of them to die. Not even the orange buffoon, as, apart from common decency in not wishing anyone to die, if he died in office his supporters would declare him to be a saint who died in the service of his country. Not just a swaggering bully who refused to wear a mask, and encouraged unsafe practices.
Interesting that someone who has none of the purported Christian virtues wants the churches to be reopened?
Post by Annachie   » Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Does isolation and social distancing and washing stuff help prevent Covid?

Well, for May in Australia cases of flu are down from a may 2019 30K+ cases to may 2020 of 138.

Down by a factor of around 220.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Wed May 27, 2020 12:26 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I wonder jf anyone has caught both simultaneously.

Or, even worse, Flu + Covid-19 + Sars.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 pm

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:I wonder jf anyone has caught both simultaneously.

Or, even worse, Flu + Covid-19 + Sars.

I suspect that it will be confirmed that most Chinavirus​deaths will involve complications from other, opportunistic infections. Of course I'm also an agnostic that isn't confident that we are not over counting deaths or massively undercounting cases.

The good news is that Brazil is allowing the Chinavirus to have free reign. They have not only surpassed Russia as number 2 in number of cases, Brazil has now surpassed the US for daily new cases. Brazil will be the laboratory that allows everyone to observe just how bad the Coronavirus really is. If the number of infections exceed 100 million, the medical system will be completely overwhelmed, so lethality rate should be much higher.

Now popping popcorn.

Return to Politics