Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Back door around two-term limit?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Back door around two-term limit?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Nobody is getting on their knees before Trump. Even his like minded sycophants amongst the wo4ld leaders like Scot Morrison think he's a dangerous idiot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
I for one do not miss watching Obama get down on his knees to apologize to Arabs, Europeans and Chinese for America's alleged sins. In spite of all of the hype about "Russia hacked the election," it was Obama who was caught on camera urging a Russian dignatary to be patient because he would have more flexibility after he was reelected. it is far more entertaining to watch Europeans, Arabs and Chinese getting down on their knees to apologize to Trump and seek his favor. No spitting allowed. You have to swallow.

Obama was merely doing what all decent people do when they look back over their shoulders and realize they have made mistakes. And no, I am not going to argue over this subject or itemize what those mistakes were.

I am proud of Barack Obama. He conducted the affairs of the office in a dignified manner that represented us well both at home and abroad. There was never a sniff of personal scandal. His administration was as scandal free as it gets, not withstanding attempts by his opponents to make up scandals. Another investigation into Benghazi, anyone...

TFLY, your last sentence is disgusting. Haven't you ever heard of playing in the sand box together without trying to diss the other players in the sand box? Your mother must not have taught you manners...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

For evil to prevail, good men need do nothing. Kudos Don.

But. Fly's views on this matter are hardly new. I've heard them before. Many people, especially Trumpettes, view Obama as a wussy. It takes a real man to stand up and say we were wrong. It takes a real man to lead the country the right way.

Many people view admitting to being wrong as showing weakness. (Dunno why it reminds me of Eloise Pritchart's dilemma.) But, it is what it is. How dare Obama show morals, scruples and values. IOW, real character in a president. Even though he knew how it would ultimately play out.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:40 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:For evil to prevail, good men need do nothing. Kudos Don.

But. Fly's views on this matter are hardly new. I've heard them before. Many people, especially Trumpettes, view Obama as a wussy. It takes a real man to stand up and say we were wrong. It takes a real man to lead the country the right way.

Many people view admitting to being wrong as showing weakness. (Dunno why it reminds me of Eloise Pritchart's dilemma.) But, it is what it is. How dare Obama show morals, scruples and values. IOW, real character in a president. Even though he knew how it would ultimately play out.

I don't he knew how it was going to play out. I think it is still playing out and we will see the fruit of Obama's presidency in the future. It's sort of the two steps forward, one step back sort of thing. Man, was that step back a whopper!

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:45 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:Nobody is getting on their knees before Trump. Even his like minded sycophants amongst the wo4ld leaders like Scot Morrison think he's a dangerous idiot.

care to document that?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:15 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The US has made mistakes, but the US has been the most benevolent Superpower in human history. I highly recommend reading THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER and THE ABSENT SUPERPOWER by Peter Ziehan to understand. PaxAmericana has enabled an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity that has resulted in a population expansion.

Given this undeniable reality, Obama's world apology tour was an abomination. Obama's pandering to Muslims and incitement of the Arab Spring has inflamed the Muslim world. Obama's betrayal of the peace with Lybia ensured that never again will dictators relinquish their WMD for the promise of peace. Obama also alienated Russia by inciting the coup in Ukraine.

The one good consequence of the Obama Presidency is that he reminded American conservatives of our isolationist heritage. Never again will American conservatives support trying to spread democracy at the point of a bayonet. American energy independence liberates America from the Middle East. American conservatives also woke up to the reality that the Cold War is over, the Warsaw Pact is no more, and Russia is a castrated remnant of the Soviet Union that is on the fast track to extinction. The Turkik peoples will soon own the territory that is now Russia.

The most objectionable characteristics of President Trump make him the perfect President to extricate America from its network of entangling alliances. Almost everyone is realizing that Turkey is already morphing into an enemy. This will not be fun for America's putative allies. Their most probable response will be to develop and deploy their own small nuclear arsenals. The roster of nuclear powers will include Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Germany and Sweden as well as Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Brazil. Russia will soon have the multipolar world that Putin wanted. Brazil, Indonesia and Malaysia will also go nuclear. Russia isn't going to enjoy it.

The world will soon realize that nuclear war will be both more survivable and more devastating than expected. A few hundred Megatons will not trigger a global climate catastrophe. Only a few tens of Megatons will destroy the industrial infrastructures that enable countries such as India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China to support populations an order of magnitude higher than their natural carrying capacity. America will not riding to their rescue with food, fuel and a Marshall plan to rebuild them.

An America that is isolationist and less dependant on trade, has robust missile defenses and a nuclear deterrent will have the ability to avoid becoming involved in other countries' nuclear wars. America will reserve the option of employing missile defenses, antisubmarine forces, and surgical counterforce strikes to keep the megatonnage to a minimum. I expect that the global population is going to decrease by a few billion in the next few decades.
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:45 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The US has made mistakes, but the US has been the most benevolent Superpower in human history. I highly recommend reading THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER and THE ABSENT SUPERPOWER by Peter Ziehan to understand. PaxAmericana has enabled an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity that has resulted in a population expansion.

Your ignorance about the world at large and the US' role in it really is astounding.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote: SNIP

SNIP

An America that is isolationist and less dependant on trade, has robust missile defenses and a nuclear deterrent will have the ability to avoid becoming involved in other countries' nuclear wars. America will reserve the option of employing missile defenses, antisubmarine forces, and surgical counterforce strikes to keep the megatonnage to a minimum. I expect that the global population is going to decrease by a few billion in the next few decades.

Generals always seem to learn from the last war, or maybe the one before that.

And you don't think that enemies of the west in general and the US in particular would get inspiration from the impact of COVID19?

Modern gene tech will/is making bio warfare so much easier, firstly on a state actor level. Maybe not to use but to threaten to use or to have as a 'Pull the pillars of the temple down' weapon - 'if I die, then my last act will be to make sure you don't enjoy your victory'

Perhaps worse would be non-state actors who long to die in order to damage the US - think BioISIS

what price your popcorn then?
Post by n7axw   » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:42 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

The US has made mistakes, but the US has been the most benevolent Superpower in human history. I highly recommend reading THE ACCIDENTAL SUPERPOWER and THE ABSENT SUPERPOWER by Peter Ziehan to understand. PaxAmericana has enabled an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity that has resulted in a population expansion.

Given this undeniable reality, Obama's world apology tour was an abomination. Obama's pandering to Muslims and incitement of the Arab Spring has inflamed the Muslim world. Obama's betrayal of the peace with Lybia ensured that never again will dictators relinquish their WMD for the promise of peace. Obama also alienated Russia by inciting the coup in Ukraine.

The one good consequence of the Obama Presidency is that he reminded American conservatives of our isolationist heritage. Never again will American conservatives support trying to spread democracy at the point of a bayonet. American energy independence liberates America from the Middle East. American conservatives also woke up to the reality that the Cold War is over, the Warsaw Pact is no more, and Russia is a castrated remnant of the Soviet Union that is on the fast track to extinction. The Turkik peoples will soon own the territory that is now Russia.

The most objectionable characteristics of President Trump make him the perfect President to extricate America from its network of entangling alliances. Almost everyone is realizing that Turkey is already morphing into an enemy. This will not be fun for America's putative allies. Their most probable response will be to develop and deploy their own small nuclear arsenals. The roster of nuclear powers will include Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Germany and Sweden as well as Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Brazil. Russia will soon have the multipolar world that Putin wanted. Brazil, Indonesia and Malaysia will also go nuclear. Russia isn't going to enjoy it.

The world will soon realize that nuclear war will be both more survivable and more devastating than expected. A few hundred Megatons will not trigger a global climate catastrophe. Only a few tens of Megatons will destroy the industrial infrastructures that enable countries such as India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China to support populations an order of magnitude higher than their natural carrying capacity. America will not riding to their rescue with food, fuel and a Marshall plan to rebuild them.

You are not gonna get that isolationist America that shuns its allies and its role in the world, to say nothing of conjecture on the survivability of casually used nukes. Our next president will renew our relationship with our allies, and work to strengthen our alliances, a system which has served our country and the world well by helping to avoid a major conflagration for about 75 years now. We will stand up for the liberty of the individual and shun autocratic despots until they disappear into history's dust bin where they deserve to go.

As for your guy, in November we are going to kick him in the arse until he sails around the moon and when he crash lands back on earth, a justice department who believes in the rule of law will start looking into Mr. Trumps affairs, starting with little things like money laundering, bribery, tax evasion, fraud, abuse of women, and a host of other things too numerous to itemize here.

I want a president who calls out our better angels rather than dividing us.

I want a president who stands for our ideals rather than cozying up to dictators.

I want a president who honors the law rather that ignoring or skirting around it.

I want a president who acts like a president rather than a mob boss...

So enjoy your guy while you can, TFLY. Soon He's gonna be gone.

Don

-
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:12 pm

TFLYTSNBN

isaac_newton wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote: SNIP

SNIP

Generals always seem to learn from the last war, or maybe the one before that.

And you don't think that enemies of the west in general and the US in particular would get inspiration from the impact of COVID19?

Modern gene tech will/is making bio warfare so much easier, firstly on a state actor level. Maybe not to use but to threaten to use or to have as a 'Pull the pillars of the temple down' weapon - 'if I die, then my last act will be to make sure you don't enjoy your victory'

Perhaps worse would be non-state actors who long to die in order to damage the US - think BioISIS

what price your popcorn then?

All the more reason for the US to end its entangling alliances. Let the nut cases unleash their bioweapons on Europeans. An isolationist America that is not dependant on trade and no longer obsessed with protecting Middle East oil will no longer be the prime target.

Return to Politics