Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Panzer   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am

[quote="gcomeau"
They're laid off because cancellayion of lucrative elective procedures gutted hospital revenue streams. (Which you know, hospitals are totally doing unnecessarily for mysterious reasons your conspiracy theory about "Plague theater" no doubt has a perfectly reasonable explanation for right?)[/quote]

That's not what an elective surgery means:

An elective surgery does not always mean it is optional. It simply means that the surgery can be scheduled in advance. It may be a surgery you choose to have for a better quality of life, but not for a life-threatening condition. But in some cases it may be for a serious condition such as cancer. Examples of elective surgery include removing a mole or wart, and having kidney stones removed. It may also be done if other forms of treatment are not working.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... of-surgery

So, those hernia repairs, cancer treatments, heart valve procedures...things like that. Those are elective surgeries.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Panzer wrote:
gcomeau wrote:They're laid off because cancellayion of lucrative elective procedures gutted hospital revenue streams. (Which you know, hospitals are totally doing unnecessarily for mysterious reasons your conspiracy theory about "Plague theater" no doubt has a perfectly reasonable explanation for right?)


That's not what an elective surgery means:


Since I didn't say anything about what an elective surgery meant, do tell how I got it wrong or what your explanation has to do with the fact that many of them are:

1. Lucrative.
2. Were cancelled for the duration of the crisis conditions.

(And I'm speaking as someone who is waiting on one to be un-cancelled, FYI)
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1013
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

n7axw wrote:
gcomeau wrote:SNIP
(I think his earlier words where he told the crowd he had instructed that testing be slowed down so there would be less covid cases reported is the point people should be focused on. )


Yeah, you are right, but what do you say to that? It is so goofy and upside down that it is really hard to come up with a good response.

The whole thing looked like a gathering of groupies around a cult leader whose parade had gotten rained on. Trump looked old and tired, the crowd listless, totally lacking in energy. From what I could see on TV, The whole thing must have been a horrible disappointment to all.

Don

-


On the BBC news they showed a clip of trump arrive back at white house in the dusk.

tie off neck, shambling along on his own, shoulders down - not a happy bunny.

:-)
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Daryl   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:04 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Right after he was elected I predicted that he may quit. Frustrated at having to play by civilised public rules. He would retreat to his business world where he can simply sack anyone that says "No you can't, because whatever".
Take his ball and go home, possibly claiming that he had achieved all the great things he had wanted to do, or perhaps citing ill health?
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by n7axw   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:43 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5607
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Daryl wrote:Right after he was elected I predicted that he may quit. Frustrated at having to play by civilised public rules. He would retreat to his business world where he can simply sack anyone that says "No you can't, because whatever".
Take his ball and go home, possibly claiming that he had achieved all the great things he had wanted to do, or perhaps citing ill health?


Congrats on reaching "Fleet Admiral" status... I think he would have done that long time ago except that he can teach mules stubborn lessons... and, of course, he is addicted to power. There certainly can't be any joy in the job for him.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Panzer   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am

gcomeau wrote:Since I didn't say anything about what an elective surgery meant, do tell how I got it wrong or what your explanation has to do with the fact that many of them are:

1. Lucrative.
2. Were cancelled for the duration of the crisis conditions.

(And I'm speaking as someone who is waiting on one to be un-cancelled, FYI)


Were you being sarcastic about the unnecessary bit?

If you were, that's what confused me.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Panzer wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Since I didn't say anything about what an elective surgery meant, do tell how I got it wrong or what your explanation has to do with the fact that many of them are:

1. Lucrative.
2. Were cancelled for the duration of the crisis conditions.

(And I'm speaking as someone who is waiting on one to be un-cancelled, FYI)


Were you being sarcastic about the unnecessary bit?

If you were, that's what confused me.


That was directed very sarcastically at Imaginos, who think the hospitals are apparently all in on some kind of "Plague Theater" conspiracy to pretend we have a serious pandemic when we don't. And in order for that to be true they would have to be cancelling those procedures unnecessarily, gutting their own revenue streams, to keep up the "act".
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by The E   » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:19 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2465
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Imaginos1892 wrote:The hospitals are still empty. 1.4 million health-care workers are still laid off because there is nothing for them to do. It’s Plague Theatre, the masks merely stage props, irrelevant to real life.


26% Excess mortality in April and May. A statistical signal that this is not normal so blindingly obvious that you'd have to be either completely illiterate or willfully ignorant to not see it.

Which one of those are you, Imaginos? Because it's clear as day that you have left the realm of the merely factual long ago. Where's your proof that this is all theater? Where do you take this confidence from, when there's a very clear divide between countries that did and didn't take effective measures to curb the spread of this disease?
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:32 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Looks like the EU is considering banning travel from the US specifically as it opens back up again. And looking at the infection curves... yeah, they need to do that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbMWaPeXsAY4Fuz.jpg

The magnitude of the total mismanagement (or perhaps total lack of management if we're talking about the response from the federal level) of this entire outbreak in the US is stunning.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Came out in congressional testimony the other day from Fauci and other agency heads on the Covid task force that Trump hasn't even spoken to any of his health experts about the pandemic in like 2 and a half weeks.

He has completely vacated his leadership responsibilities in the middle of a crisis.
Top

Return to Politics