Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Posts: 674
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Thompson, CT USA

Daryl wrote:Probably when the bone spurs were fixed?
Annachie wrote:Rotator cuff damage can cause that.

I seriously doubt that's the reason with Trump, but it can. After all, if it was he would have had it repaired by now.



:lol: :lol: :roll: :o :oops:
Definitely bone spurs and hydroxychloroquine is a s likely to fix that as any other drug.

I understand the Gov of FL has a million tabs that he can't give away
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2637
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Let's all be clear on one thing.... this insistence Trump has to hold a stadium rally where social distancing will not be possible, they want the venue at capacity, and even face mask wearing will not be enforced *will* kill people.

It is an open question how many, and we'll probably never be able to determine the exact number, but people will die because of this. Not content with just abandoning his responsibilities to fight the pandemic as he has been the last few weeks, he is now deliberately creating a pandemic worst case scenario.

Not for "oh we need the economy to come back because whatever bullshit we want to spout about that killing more people than covid".

For Trump to be able to have his mob cheer his name in a big room like he likes. That's what he's killing people to get. His ego stroked.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2637
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Well fortunately for the health of the region it looks like attendance at Trump's rally flopped.

It will still kill people, just a lot less.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2987
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Apparently, his last words were "Let's make America great again", then he walked off the stage while a Rolling Stones song was playing.


"You can't always get what you want"

Do they just throw darts at a board to plan these things?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5604
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Annachie wrote:Apparently, his last words were "Let's make America great again", then he walked off the stage while a Rolling Stones song was playing.


"You can't always get what you want"

Do they just throw darts at a board to plan these things?


I rather doubt that a whole lot of thought was given in the selection of that song...

I wonder if what happened tonite could be an indicator of how future Trump rallies will go...


Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:13 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2987
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Which part Don? The rally or the earthquake that followed?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:00 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2637
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Annachie wrote:Apparently, his last words were "Let's make America great again", then he walked off the stage while a Rolling Stones song was playing.


"You can't always get what you want"

Do they just throw darts at a board to plan these things?


(I think his earlier words where he told the crowd he had instructed that testing be slowed down so there would be less covid cases reported is the point people should be focused on. )
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5604
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

gcomeau wrote:
Annachie wrote:Apparently, his last words were "Let's make America great again", then he walked off the stage while a Rolling Stones song was playing.


"You can't always get what you want"

Do they just throw darts at a board to plan these things?


(I think his earlier words where he told the crowd he had instructed that testing be slowed down so there would be less covid cases reported is the point people should be focused on. )


Yeah, you are right, but what do you say to that? It is so goofy and upside down that it is really hard to come up with a good response.

The whole thing looked like a gathering of groupies around a cult leader whose parade had gotten rained on. Trump looked old and tired, the crowd listless, totally lacking in energy. From what I could see on TV, The whole thing must have been a horrible disappointment to all.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

gcomeau wrote:Let's all be clear on one thing.... this insistence Trump has to hold a stadium rally where social distancing will not be possible, they want the venue at capacity, and even face mask wearing will not be enforced *will* kill people.

Why do you believe that a few thousand people attending a political event were more at risk than tens of thousands rioting in the streets? Because you disapprove of the opinions they expressed?

Although, as I said at the time, and as we can now see, there was little or no risk to the rioters, either. It’s been more than three weeks, and rioters have not succumbed to the ‘pandemic’ in droves. At least, if they did, the sensationalist media have been most uncharacteristically silent about thousands of deathly ill rioters. Hundreds, then? Dozens? Or, maybe, none at all?

The hospitals are still empty. 1.4 million health-care workers are still laid off because there is nothing for them to do. It’s Plague Theatre, the masks merely stage props, irrelevant to real life.
———————————
But the end result, the true genius of the plan, was the fear. Fear became the ultimate tool…
Top
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2637
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Imaginos1892 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Let's all be clear on one thing.... this insistence Trump has to hold a stadium rally where social distancing will not be possible, they want the venue at capacity, and even face mask wearing will not be enforced *will* kill people.

Why do you believe that a few thousand people attending a political event were more at risk than tens of thousands rioting in the streets?


1. The latter were outside.
2. The latter mostly wore masks.

That said, we're going to see spikes from both.


The hospitals are still empty.


No, they are not.


https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/covid19/report ... mpact.html


1.4 million health-care workers are still laid off because there is nothing for them to do.


They're laid off because cancellayion of lucrative elective procedures gutted hospital revenue streams. (Which you know, hospitals are totally doing unnecessarily for mysterious reasons your conspiracy theory about "Plague theater" no doubt has a perfectly reasonable explanation for right?)
Top

Return to Politics