Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Annachie   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Fly, you might remember that Trump FIRED the very people who were supposed to respond to things like covid-19.

You might also remember that there were not enough tests, even before they were found to be faulty.

Did it occur to you that the reason that the CDC made and distributed so many bad tests was partially because they were late to start making them due to Trump's incompetance and bullshitting?

We all know that it didn't occur to you, because it's Obama's fault, or Hillary's, or anybody really except Trump.

I especially like how he is now taking credit for the work done by various state Govenors.

Whilst you almost have a slight point about popalation and infection rates, you've actually missed the important bit. It's not population that affects infection rates,it's population density.

That's why NYC is so bad, but Georgia is so frightening.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:Fly, you might remember that Trump FIRED the very people who were supposed to respond to things like covid-19.

You might also remember that there were not enough tests, even before they were found to be faulty.

Did it occur to you that the reason that the CDC made and distributed so many bad tests was partially because they were late to start making them due to Trump's incompetance and bullshitting?

We all know that it didn't occur to you, because it's Obama's fault, or Hillary's, or anybody really except Trump.

I especially like how he is now taking credit for the work done by various state Govenors.

Whilst you almost have a slight point about popalation and infection rates, you've actually missed the important bit. It's not population that affects infection rates,it's population density.

That's why NYC is so bad, but Georgia is so frightening.

At the time that the CDC should have been developing a test, the Covidvirus was so obscure that it would not have been brought to Trump's attention even in normal times. The politically appointed drones at the NSC would have had no involvement in development of a test kit or production.

You might also recall that Democrats such as Pelossi and Deblossio were encouraging people to congregate as recently as the end of February.

Georgia might horrify you, but only because you don't understand how densely populated the State is. It isn't Dukes of Hazard anymore.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

No, but last time I checked there were 2 counties that didn't have infections, generally at least 10.

That, along with the general nature of rural Georgia that would say "screw self isolation", and the need for farm workers, is what is scary.

It's not just a US thing as I'm seeing a bit of it here too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:44 am

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
The claim that the lethality rate in Germany is extremely low because they have socialized medicine is extremely suspicious.

This is hopeless. He would invent any kind of idiotic conspiracy theory, just not admit the rather simple truth; US medicare system failed miserably, and it was a bad idea to hope that "free market" would sort it out.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by The E   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:*sounds of an old man taking a shit*

You really are unable to handle the fact that the US is handling this pandemic in a catastrophic manner, are you. It breaks your tiny little mind that your country, under the leader you always wanted, is collapsing under the strain of something trivial like a virus, so any country that is doing better must be lying about something, anything, because it is inconceivable to you that the mighty US of A might fail to protect its citizens....
Post by Daryl   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:31 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Perhaps it's the time lapse, but I wonder why our newspapers are reporting a speech made by Trump, where he talks about "The genius germ outwitting the antibiotics". Yet I couldn't find a mention of this in the US papers?
As I'm sure all of you know, no antibiotic is effective against any virus.
Post by Arol   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Perhaps one of the most frightening things I’ve heard from President Trump is the one he said in a recent press briefing, when a reporter asked him what metrics he would use in deciding when or if the stay-at-home advisory would be relaxed. Trump’s answer was to point to his own head and say: “The metric is right here. That’s my metric. That all I can do!”
Post by The E   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:55 am

The E
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Perhaps it's the time lapse, but I wonder why our newspapers are reporting a speech made by Trump, where he talks about "The genius germ outwitting the antibiotics". Yet I couldn't find a mention of this in the US papers?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1248698754556923904
Post by Annachie   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:49 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I thought they cancelled that "kids say the darndest things", because that's what that little Trump piece sounded like.

I seriously expect Bill Cosby to pop up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Perhaps it's the time lapse, but I wonder why our newspapers are reporting a speech made by Trump, where he talks about "The genius germ outwitting the antibiotics". Yet I couldn't find a mention of this in the US papers?

Not a time lapse, he said it in his press conference yesterday.

Yesterday.

Months into a pandemic he holds daily public briefings on and nobody has been able to teach him antibiotics aren't antivirals yet... while he runs around making absurd claims about how doctors tell him they're amazed how much he knows about this stuff.

Return to Politics