Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Explain to me why I should not be pissed off about the State of Oregon entering into a criminal conspiracy with the Oregon Marijunna Mafia to appropriate the private property of innocent landlords then giving a bootlegger a free pass for shooting at my children with a weapon that can inflict injuries such as this one.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VcosEmUdjiKTDm3p8

I think I stand with TFLY on this one. I'm not sure that conspiracy is the best way to describe it though. What has happened is that several states have had referendums legalizing pot. The Obama Administration decided to let the states experiment even though the referendums were in conflict with federal law. That was the first mistake. The Fed's job is to enforce the law. If someone wants that law repealed, convince Congress to do that. The Trump Administration being made up of more traditional sorts decided to resume enforcing the law.

That left the state beaurocrats and and the pot growers caught between two conflicting authorities. The error here was to not understand that federal law is preeminent. States can't just do their own thing in violation of federal law.

Also, nobody should grow pot on Flys property without his permission. He could face legal liability himself.

As for shooting at his kids, the authorities should have looked into it and enforced the law. The way this was described it should be a no brainer.

Don

-

The issue is that the Fed have no real jurisdiction on marajuana until it crosses a border.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

You may have a point, and the Commerce Clause has been stretched worse than the Hulk's pants to cover all manner of Federal overreach.
———————————
No matter how much it sucks, you can’t fire the government.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
n7axw wrote:The way this was described it should be a no brainer.

Don

-

Key phrase there being "the way this was described" and taking into account who is doing the describing and their history for accuracy in their statements.

I am willing to take TFLY's word about his experience of what happened on his own property. If he was lying, that would be on him, not me. Given what was described, I would be outraged if it happened to me.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am

TFLYTSNBN

Interestingly, we have a major marijunna related case in Oregon where some bootleggers had rented a locker from a local Public Storage to store their pot until they could sell it to some pushers in Texas. The Feds found out about it. The Feds got a "Sneak and Peak" warrant to search the locker and confiscate the contents without informing the bootleggers. Just for fun, they staged it to look like other criminals had broken in to steal a million dollars worth of pot.

The pushers in Texas sent up some thugs to take delivery of the pot. The thugs discovered that the pot was missing. The thugs vigorously interrogated the manager of the Public Storage, at gun point. The thugs even recorded video of the interrogation to convince their bosses that they didn't steal the pot. They then left the manager with his hands and feet duct taped in the locker rather than shoot him in the head as threatened.

Concurrently with the vigorous interrogation by the thugs, the Feds invoked civil forefeiture of three houses that had been used in the marijuana trafficking. Since a storage locker was rented, I presume that the houses were used for growing. The Feds refuse to answer inquiries about who actually owned the houses that they confiscated. The local newspaper has filed a formal freedom of information request.

How much you bet some innocent landlords got triply screwed by the bootleggers conspiring with the State of Oregon, then the Feds?
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:25 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just FYI, the actual Coronavirus death rate in the USA is about average compared to Eurotrash countries.

Other countries doing a bad job at handling the pandemic does not excuse your country doing a bad job, especially given how you're constantly bragging about how superior yours is.

Germany's low death rate from the Chinavirus is entirely the result of good luck and family living arrangements. Most of the Germans who were originally exposed were younger adults vacationing in the Alps. Unlike Italians who tend to live in multiple generation households, young adult Germans tend to live separately from their elderly parents and grandparents. As a result, Chinavirus infections in Germany were primarily confined to younger people who were far more likely to survive.

While the CDC should take the blame for FUBARing production of test kits, it truly is President Trump's fault. While POTUS Trump imposed a travel ban on China, he was to slow to impose a travel ban on Europe. As a result, far too many diseased Eurotrash were allowed into the US to infect Americans.[/quote]

It will all go away, like a miracle
Guess that is why he had to clear the park so he could have his photo op
Has he ever gone into the church or really read the bible?

I saw an interview where he said the bible was his second favorite book but he had no verse of inspiration nor could he say if he liked the old or new testament I will bet next weeks beer money and half my savings it is not James 3:1-10

WHAT A PUNK!!!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:01 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Interestingly, we have a major marijunna related case in Oregon where some bootleggers had rented a locker from a local Public Storage to store their pot until they could sell it to some pushers in Texas. The Feds found out about it. The Feds got a "Sneak and Peak" warrant to search the locker and confiscate the contents without informing the bootleggers. Just for fun, they staged it to look like other criminals had broken in to steal a million dollars worth of pot.

The pushers in Texas sent up some thugs to take delivery of the pot. The thugs discovered that the pot was missing. The thugs vigorously interrogated the manager of the Public Storage, at gun point. The thugs even recorded video of the interrogation to convince their bosses that they didn't steal the pot. They then left the manager with his hands and feet duct taped in the locker rather than shoot him in the head as threatened.

Concurrently with the vigorous interrogation by the thugs, the Feds invoked civil forefeiture of three houses that had been used in the marijuana trafficking. Since a storage locker was rented, I presume that the houses were used for growing. The Feds refuse to answer inquiries about who actually owned the houses that they confiscated. The local newspaper has filed a formal freedom of information request.

How much you bet some innocent landlords got triply screwed by the bootleggers conspiring with the State of Oregon, then the Feds?

Typical Gas Lighter...
I searched this and found nothing that links Oregon to Public Storage and pot.

Like your patron saint when you see you are loosing an argument, change the subject.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Interestingly, we have a major marijunna related case in Oregon where some bootleggers had rented a locker from a local Public Storage to store their pot until they could sell it to some pushers in Texas. The Feds found out about it. The Feds got a "Sneak and Peak" warrant to search the locker and confiscate the contents without informing the bootleggers. Just for fun, they staged it to look like other criminals had broken in to steal a million dollars worth of pot.

Typical Gas Lighter...

Like your patron saint when you see you are loosing an argument, change the subject.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregon ... utType=amp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

C. O. Thompson wrote:

Typical Gas Lighter...

My hat is off to Anarchie for having the intelligence and integrity to do some Googling. Here is a link to another article on the incident:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/0 ... video.html

Ms Bernstein has been waiting for months for the Feds to answer a request for information on who owned the three houses that were confiscated.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:32 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well, who owns the houses *could* affect court cases or ongoing investigations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 am

TFLYTSNBN

It appears that President Trump was not so full of shit after all:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ine-trials

And the latest numbers show that Russia is falling even further behind in the race for new infections:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Now India as well as Brazil have surpassed Russia for new infections. The rate of new infections in America continues to decrease wbile remaining static in Russia. As much as it normally distresses me to see America be behind Russia, I will enjoy seeing the US falling behind while Russia surges ahead in this race.
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Politics