Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:48 pm

TFLYTSNBN

George J. Smith wrote:
gcomeau wrote:And FFS, Trump is on TV lying about testing capacity *again*. Would someone keep that moron away from a microphone for the duration?

That is an insult to 7 year olds throughout the world.

The man is a cretin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

President Trump responded way back in January by imposing a travel ban on China. Here is how the politicians that you folks support responded.

https://youtu.be/PnuOgXX8H4A

Just to refresh memories, the CDC bureaucrats responded by developing a test kit with an extremely high false positive rate. It didn't work. China's test kit was so ineffective that they started employing CAT scanners to diagnose via fluid in lungs. This diagnostic can detect only the severe cases. China is lying.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN

George J. Smith wrote:
gcomeau wrote:And FFS, Trump is on TV lying about testing capacity *again*. Would someone keep that moron away from a microphone for the duration?

That is an insult to 7 year olds throughout the world.

The man is a cretin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh Eurotrash, take a look at the UK death rate verses the US.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Meanwhile, Nutty Nancy Pelossi is attempting to rescind President Trump's authority to impose travel bans:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4868 ... oronavirus
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:34 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Heh Eurotrash, take a look at the UK death rate verses the US.

Yes, we know that the UK government was also doing a criminally bad job of managing this crisis.

Also, since UK conservatives have spent several decades undermining the NHS so that it could be better carved up for profit because they wanted to emulate the US, it is hardly surprising that it's falling apart now.

Now, I wonder what your analysis of the situation in Germany is. After all, we too have a socialized health care system...

Meanwhile, Nutty Nancy Pelossi is attempting to rescind President Trump's authority to impose travel bans

It's not like he can be trusted with it, even in a crisis. Or did you not remember the ban on travel from the EU that excluded the UK?
Post by Arol   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Yahh right!
Who’s going to do that, after all he is President, and it’s not as if anyone has ever prevented him from putting his size 12’s in his mouth!
Post by n7axw   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
President Trump responded way back in January by imposing a travel ban on China. Here is how the politicians that you folks support responded.

https://youtu.be/PnuOgXX8H4A

Just to refresh memories, the CDC bureaucrats responded by developing a test kit with an extremely high false positive rate. It didn't work. China's test kit was so ineffective that they started employing CAT scanners to diagnose via fluid in lungs. This diagnostic can detect only the severe cases. China is lying.

Yeah, ok. So Trump managed to do one thing right. That's been about it.

Since then he has occupied contradicting the professionals, generally lying about the administrations response, offering unrealistic hope. I hope China comes out of this ok. I wish no one ill. But things seem a bit more pressing here at home. Right now we need a trustworthy president. We don't have one.

TFLY, how long will it take you to get tired of defending the indefensible?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I went to the store today. The first thing I encountered was a long, long line at the front door. In accordance with some edict from the left-wing Democrat governor, they were limiting the number of people allowed inside the 20,000 square foot warehouse store. So, in order to ‘protect’ us from catching a cold while waiting in line at the checkouts, the government made us wait in line outdoors in the rain. Genius, sheer genius.

‘The E’ should be happy, though. Now we have stores full of empty shelves, just like the communists.

The governor also closed the libraries.

The Italian government is refusing medical treatment to people over 70, and reporting any deaths as ‘due to the virus’.

This is not ‘The Last Centurion’, it is not ‘Contagion’, and it sure as HELL is not ‘Under A Graveyard Sky’. This coronavirus is one particularly nasty variety of the common cold. It’s mainly a threat to people over 70 with pre-existing respiratory ailments and, oddly, blood type A. The common cold has always been a threat to elderly people with pre-existing respiratory ailments.

In fact, I’m pretty sure I had the Wu Kung Flu back in January. A few days of headaches, muscle aches and low-grade fever, and a cough that hung on for about two weeks. Those are the typical symptoms for about 60% of the people who get this virus. I’m under 70, not blood type A, and prior to that, I had not caught a cold in about 10 years.

The threat here is not a cold virus that is somewhat worse than average. The real threat is the blind stupid hair-on-fire panic whipped up by clueless media wankers and greedy politicians, not a one of which knows the first thing about virology or epidemiology. Real, knowledgable doctors are trying to counter the hysteria, only to be drowned out by the screaming idiots.

Rich leftist politicians started dumping stocks about two weeks ago. When did the hype start driving the stock market down, again? Why do I suspect that they are deliberately trying to stampede everybody off a cliff?
———————————
People can make mistakes on their own, but only the government can force everybody to make the SAME mistakes.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:35 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Of course if you'd been paying attention you'd know that it's not a cold virus.

But then since you directly commented about at least one country that didn't treat it seriouslyvenough early enough, Italy, you probably should recognize your own ignorant tone and how bloody dangerous that tone is.

covid-19 has an infection rate that seems to follow regular flu levels, but a lethality rate of about 10 to 20 times higher. At one point in the USA it was about 70 times.

But the real danger is hospitalization. Regular flu runs about 1% of suffers needing hospital care. Covid-19 is about 12% do you think hospitals can handle that? How do you think the mortality rate will go without proper hospital care for those who need it?

Having said that, the biggest danger is actually idiots. Idiots who panic buy. Idiots who bulk buy everything to resell on ebay or whatever. Idiots who dismiss it as a hoaxor a beat up.

Really, it's simple. Wash your fucking hands as if you were Lady McBeth, cover your mouth thoroughly when you cough, and try to stear clear of crowds of people.

If none of that really makes you think to be careful, think of it this way.

How many members in your immediate family? Parents, siblings, children, nieces etc. Are you prepared to risk losing 1% of them to something that some simple precautions can help prevent? If not then why the fuck do you take your shoes off when you try to board a plane?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Joat42   » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:03 am

Joat42
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Rich leftist politicians started dumping stocks about two weeks ago. When did the hype start driving the stock market down, again? Why do I suspect that they are deliberately trying to stampede everybody off a cliff?

I always love it when people feel the need to lie by omission, it really shows off their character.

And if they actually think it's the truth, I pity their weak minds and their need to live in an echo chamber of lies to function.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I went to the store today. The first thing I encountered was a long, long line at the front door. In accordance with some edict from the left-wing Democrat governor, they were limiting the number of people allowed inside the 20,000 square foot warehouse store. So, in order to ‘protect’ us from catching a cold while waiting in line at the checkouts, the government made us wait in line outdoors in the rain. Genius, sheer genius.

‘The E’ should be happy, though. Now we have stores full of empty shelves, just like the communists.

The governor also closed the libraries.

The Italian government is refusing medical treatment to people over 70, and reporting any deaths as ‘due to the virus’.

This is not ‘The Last Centurion’, it is not ‘Contagion’, and it sure as HELL is not ‘Under A Graveyard Sky’. This coronavirus is one particularly nasty variety of the common cold. It’s mainly a threat to people over 70 with pre-existing respiratory ailments and, oddly, blood type A. The common cold has always been a threat to elderly people with pre-existing respiratory ailments.

In fact, I’m pretty sure I had the Wu Kung Flu back in January. A few days of headaches, muscle aches and low-grade fever, and a cough that hung on for about two weeks. Those are the typical symptoms for about 60% of the people who get this virus. I’m under 70, not blood type A, and prior to that, I had not caught a cold in about 10 years.

The threat here is not a cold virus that is somewhat worse than average. The real threat is the blind stupid hair-on-fire panic whipped up by clueless media wankers and greedy politicians, not a one of which knows the first thing about virology or epidemiology. Real, knowledgable doctors are trying to counter the hysteria, only to be drowned out by the screaming idiots.

Rich leftist politicians started dumping stocks about two weeks ago. When did the hype start driving the stock market down, again? Why do I suspect that they are deliberately trying to stampede everybody off a cliff?
———————————
People can make mistakes on their own, but only the government can force everybody to make the SAME mistakes.

Anyone who believes that an oncoming pandemic won't spook the stock market without the help of "leftist politicians" or even incompetent right wingers is smoking something that causes delusions...

A pandemic is bipartisan...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:

With all respect, but communists have universal healthcare, with a lot of reserve capabilities to handle epidemics.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)

Return to Politics