Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by The E   » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2425
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Imaginos1892 wrote:In sociopaths, maybe. Let me guess — the studies ‘proving’ that ‘deep connection’ were done ON leftists, BY leftists.


No, they weren't. It's basic neurobiology, as you could have found out if you had tried to actually inform yourself on the subject instead of going into rant mode immediately in your neverending quest to find something to prove me wrong.

Also, you took what? 5 weeks to get to that post of mine? You really are reaching for things to be angry about, don't you....

Sex and violence are not connected for me. I consider them to be incompatible opposites. Sex and guns are COMPLETELY unrelated. I don’t know what is wrong inside leftists’ heads where, apparently, they ARE connected. Somehow.


Yes. It's called an amygdala. Look it up. There's a literal connection there.

Why do leftists blindly assume that everybody — EVERYBODY! — is fucked in the head? That nobody can be trusted to make their own choices, so the government has to make every choice for them?


Why do you, a person looking up old posts on a dead internet forum to be angry about, consider yourself sane?

How do you evade the inescapable corollary: that governments are composed of people, therefore by your own assumption the government has to be at least as fucked in the head as everybody else, if not more so? Because I can assure you, being in the government does NOT make them better people! How can you Believe in Big Government when you don’t believe in people?


Because there are problems so big that we need to come together as a society do solve them. There is nothing around that; we can't solve global problems locally, and we can't cede the global space to corporate actors.

But then, you don't believe that global problems exist, do you?
Top
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1298
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Michael Everett wrote:Either way, such an outlook obviously only applies to those who do not understand the Correct And Proper(TM) modes of thought and until they do learn to unquestioningly accept The Ultimate Truths Which Cannot Be Spoken Against, they do not deserve to be seen as anything other than damaged goods, deserving only of pity since they cannot hope to truly make proper decisions for themselves.

Many go further than that. They declare those who do not Believe The Correct Truths to be not human, and to have no rights. I’m not much bothered by what anybody believes, until they try to impose their beliefs on everybody else by force.

The E wrote:Also, you took what? 5 weeks to get to that post of mine?

What has that to do with anything? Your post was stupid when you made it, it’s still stupid today, and it will be stupid fifty years from now. Congratulations! You have achieved Timeless Stupid!

The commonest connection between sex and violence is rape. Rapists are sociopaths. Or do you believe that rapists are normal? That would explain a great deal about you.

In fact, that would explain a great deal about most leftists. If people are all sociopaths, ready to rape and murder at the least opportunity, then everybody must be kept under tight control. They must be prevented from saying or hearing the ‘wrong’ words, lest something send them off to follow their innate proclivities, and of course they must be denied any access to weapons. They must be watched and tracked every minute of every day and night, because none of them are innocent.

I believe that most people are not sociopaths. I do believe that they are over-represented in government, because sociopaths seek power over people and that is where they can get it. Which is one of the many reasons I do not Believe in Big Government.
———————————
You can't have the government take away the freedom of only the people you hate.
Top
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by The E   » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:47 pm

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2425
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Imaginos1892 wrote:What has that to do with anything? Your post was stupid when you made it, it’s still stupid today, and it will be stupid fifty years from now. Congratulations! You have achieved Timeless Stupid!


Paragraph 1 of you reacting to random things instead of addressing the point (which is that, on a neurological level, sex and violence are deeply interlinked; to claim that there are no psychological consequences from the way us humans are on a literal level wired is ... well, it's indicative of you not actually being able or willing to back down from something even if it can be shown to be factually false).

Also, it tells me that you were rereading the entirety of this topic (or just my posts? I'm flattered!) looking for something to object to.

Why do that?

The commonest connection between sex and violence is rape. Rapists are sociopaths. Or do you believe that rapists are normal? That would explain a great deal about you.


Paragraph 2.

As I said elsewhere, some day you will find something I said that you can legitimately invalidate.

Today is not that day.

(Also, claiming that rapists are sociopaths is revealing a level of understanding of both sociopathy and rape that is, shall we say, lacking in depth)

In fact, that would explain a great deal about most leftists. If people are all sociopaths, ready to rape and murder at the least opportunity, then everybody must be kept under tight control.


The idea that human beings are barely contained animals that must be kept on a tight leash or as far away as possible is common ... amongst your ideological brethren. Especially when it is applied to people with non-white skin colors or who speak arabic.

But then, this is you not understanding my ideology at all. Again.

Also, we're at 3 paragraphs now.

They must be prevented from saying or hearing the ‘wrong’ words, lest something send them off to follow their innate proclivities, and of course they must be denied any access to weapons. They must be watched and tracked every minute of every day and night, because none of them are innocent.


...4...

Also, you're once again demonstrating that you do not understand me enough to make good arguments against the things I say.

I believe that most people are not sociopaths. I do believe that they are over-represented in government, because sociopaths seek power over people and that is where they can get it. Which is one of the many reasons I do not Believe in Big Government.


Aaand we're at 5 paragraphs of ranting barely connected to the point.

So, Imaginos, why do you think our neuroanatomy does not inform our psychology?
Top
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5510
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

I wish that Imaginous et al would take a long careful look at things without those ideological blinkers.

I try. I am oriented to the left. But I try to stay away from the ideology since it turns brains to mush. Imaginious is suspicious of big government. I am more suspicious of Big business. I work at remembering that business is necessary and not go overboard with my suspicions.

There is a lot to the idea that it starts with the individual who motivated to improve his own life and that of his family can work miracles. But It's also true that we are in this together and must come together both to insure our safety and accomplish those things that need to be done that cannot be accomplished separately. That is called government.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3071
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

It does worry me that people like Imaginious tend to pidgin hole people into categories like "leftists".
These leftists apparently have a set selection of values, and are all in lockstep.
Using myself as a single example, I have been a union delegate, believe in worker's and women's rights, support sensible gun control, regard a universal national health and welfare net to be essential for a civilised country, and oppose unbridled capitalism. Thus I'm a prime lefty?
However at the same time I have a legal gun collection with shooting trophies. I have a number of martial arts belts, worked in our military getting to a one star level, and fervently support both personal and national security. Break in here and you had better hope that the dog gets you first.
Another point I get annoyed by is the assumption that being a "righty" makes you tough, capable and a natural winner. While "lefties" are apparently soft, incapable snowflakes. Now retired, I had on several occasions the experience of having shitheads who were staff members being shocked when I came down on them for being shit heads. "But you're a soft touch who treats staff with compassion?" Goodbye, and don't expect a reference.


n7axw wrote:I wish that Imaginous et al would take a long careful look at things without those ideological blinkers.

I try. I am oriented to the left. But I try to stay away from the ideology since it turns brains to mush. Imaginious is suspicious of big government. I am more suspicious of Big business. I work at remembering that business is necessary and not go overboard with my suspicions.

There is a lot to the idea that it starts with the individual who motivated to improve his own life and that of his family can work miracles. But It's also true that we are in this together and must come together both to insure our safety and accomplish those things that need to be done that cannot be accomplished separately. That is called government.

Don

-
Top
Re: Only the Police and the Military Should Have Guns
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:02 am

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

Imaginos1892 wrote: SNIP In fact, that would explain a great deal about most leftists. If people are all sociopaths, ready to rape and murder at the least opportunity, then everybody must be kept under tight control. They must be prevented from saying or hearing the ‘wrong’ words, lest something send them off to follow their innate proclivities, and of course they must be denied any access to weapons. They must be watched and tracked every minute of every day and night, because none of them are innocent.
.


It might be a good idea to look up the words "straw man" before you go off on one... :roll: :roll:
Top

Return to Politics